Old 01-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'4

Default Doing this For ME and looking for a buddy!

Hello Everyone...

I am starting the flat belly diet on Monday and I am very excited about it. I had a baby in May and I started heavier then I should have. I was 178 (5'4, 31 years old) the day I found out I was pregnant and I was 196 the day I gave birth. Through breastfeeding and cutting out most of the junk and running around like a chicken without my head I now weigh 150. I want to get down to 135 plus tone up a bit.

I just don't want to be one of those moms that says "well I just had a baby" and the baby is 19 and in college

I have been patiently breastfeeding and just eating more veggies as a way to lower the pounds. NOw that I am all done breastfeeding (as of yesterday) I am ready to take care of my health!

This is not so much about wanting to be a skinny chick but more about being healthy for my family. I have diabetes and heart disease on both sides of my family and I just don't want that outcome for myself.

SO here I am!. I am looking for a buddy! None of my friends want to diet and I think it would be nice to do this with someone.. Any tackers.

Right now it is all about the little man in my life but when I have free time I love to read. I aim to read at least half hour a day. I read most things including young adult (). I stay away from the really sci fi stuff or the cheesy romantic stuff

Thanks
K
ThinMe32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/137.4/120

Hi,

None of my friends are on a diet either - finding a "buddy" is as challenging as dieting these days... I'm technically "new' here too, turned 32 this year and have a little less than 20 lbs to lose. Assuming you're as serious, motivated and stubborn as I, I'd love to be your buddy. Let me know.

Cheers

PS. That is a lovely little baby...

Last edited by narn81; 01-30-2010 at 09:57 PM.
narn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205.0/188.6/130.0

Height: 5'8"

Smile

I could be your buddy!? My name is Sarah. I'm 18 and I live in California. I made a new year's resolution to lose weight, but got off track around MLK day. I am recommitting tomorrow and I would love to have a weight loss buddy to keep me accountable. Similar to what you mentioned, I want to lose the weight for me and I see this journey as making the life I want for myself. My biggest obstacle to losing the weight and maintaining it is my tendency to eat emotionally and harbor distorted negative thoughts. I am currently around 180-185 and would like to be 140-150. I also enjoy reading, but I start back to school on Monday so most of the reading I will be doing will be out of textbooks, not for personal enjoyment. :/ I am looking to replace reading with working out in the mornings so that could become the time I devote to myself to stay sane and not burnout.

What do you do to spend time on yourself since you've had your son???

I hope we can be weight loss buddies!!!
livingoodinthe707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205.0/188.6/130.0

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Maybe we could make a weight loss support group of whoever responds. The more support the better!
livingoodinthe707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by narn81 View Post
Hi,

None of my friends are on a diet either - finding a "buddy" is as challenging as dieting these days... I'm technically "new' here too, turned 32 this year and have a little less than 20 lbs to lose. Assuming you're as serious, motivated and stubborn as I, I'd love to be your buddy. Let me know.

Cheers

PS. That is a lovely little baby...
Hey Narn,

Serious, Stubborn - Check. Motivated half a check I have days where I just want to sit on the sofa and just read and there are days were I get more down on myself then most people should. BUT overall I am pretty.!

SO lets do it.

My little guys name is Jack and he is a massive wiggle worm.

Hugs
K
Old 01-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingoodinthe707 View Post
I could be your buddy!? My name is Sarah. I'm 18 and I live in California. I made a new year's resolution to lose weight, but got off track around MLK day. I am recommitting tomorrow and I would love to have a weight loss buddy to keep me accountable. Similar to what you mentioned, I want to lose the weight for me and I see this journey as making the life I want for myself. My biggest obstacle to losing the weight and maintaining it is my tendency to eat emotionally and harbor distorted negative thoughts. I am currently around 180-185 and would like to be 140-150. I also enjoy reading, but I start back to school on Monday so most of the reading I will be doing will be out of textbooks, not for personal enjoyment. :/ I am looking to replace reading with working out in the mornings so that could become the time I devote to myself to stay sane and not burnout.

What do you do to spend time on yourself since you've had your son???

I hope we can be weight loss buddies!!!
Hey LivingGood.

First and foremost welcome back on your weighloss path. I know all to well about emotinal eating. I gained all my weight due to an awful 2 year struggle with depression. I finally got out of my fog May of 2008.

In regards to making my time after I have had a baby that is pretty easy - I make the time. One of my biggest concerns after I had my little dude was p.p.d. So everyday it is essential for my mental well being that I make the time for me. When he naps - I stop what housework I may have and concentrate on me. That might mean reading a book or watching something silly on TV (the TV is off when he is awake). When my husband comes home, he takes over and that is when I really lay back. That usually consist of some Wii fit and taking a nice long shower.

SOme of those things might come across as selfish BUT if I don't take care of my mental well being first and I fall apart again, that will do no good for anyone

Hugs
K
Old 01-31-2010, 12:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 140/137.4/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinMe32 View Post
Serious, Stubborn - Check. Motivated half a check I have days where I just want to sit on the sofa and just read and there are days were I get more down on myself then most people should. BUT overall I am pretty.!
That's all that matters! On most days I have to literally ignore the thoughts in my head and "act as if" I always - no matter what - exericse, eat right, abstain from eating crap etc. etc... Of course, the more exhausted and tired I am, the harder it is to pretend, but the more often I pretend the better I get at it.

Sarah (hello ) I hope this helps a bit with your negative thoughts problem... I used to get those all the time when I was your age. Unlike you, I was not aware of their detrimental effect and just accepted them as real and normal... In other words, awareness is key to getting rid of them, or perhaps more important, not being affected by them. By the way, may I ask what you're studying?

So, here we are. Although I'm not following a specific diet per se, I guess I do a form of south beach diet (phase 2) and try to eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetables daily. I jog/run a bit (gradually building up my endurance to run for 45 min straight again)... and will be trying out Jillian Michaels "30 day shred" workout when Netflix finally ships it (this was suggested to me by another 3FC member - a good suggestion). I aim for 64oz of water daily and try to remember to take my vitamins; caloric intake ranges between 1,200 and 1,550.

Let me know what your thoughts are on keeping each other accountable while letting go of the fat...

Cheers
narn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by narn81 View Post
and will be trying out Jillian Michaels "30 day shred" workout when Netflix finally ships it
Let me know what your thoughts are on keeping each other accountable while letting go of the fat...

Cheers
A blogger I know of did the 30 day shred and she looks AWESOME!

In terms of exercise I aim for 30minutes every other day on my Wii fit and on the days I don't work out I go for walks. If I have to go to the supermarket or the farmers market or the library (everything is about a mile awhile) I will just pack up my little dude and take him on a nice walk. Every Saturday I attend a yoga class. That falls more under the mental health for me.

So far I have had two of my FBD recipes and I really want to have pita bread but I am controlling myself

O Ya I am also keeping a food journal.

If we want to email - you can reach me at kpernia @ yahoo dot com (sorry for the weird translation

Hugs
K
Old 01-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #9  

Hey. I am new here too. I am going to be 30 in a couple weeks. I am really just trying to watch what I eat and exersise. I am going to go back to the gym on Monday I haven't been for a couple months.

I am really motivated right now I just need to get myself focused on improving one thing at a time, if I don't I tend to burn out because I try to do everything at once.

I also struggled with depression most of my life. I have to really watch myself sometimes or I start slipping back into it.

anyway that's enough for now.

Good luck
fox98 is offline   Reply With Quote