Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 04:52 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of August 11th!!!!

Yeah!!!!School is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!Thank goodness!!!!
Didn't do anything except for some Christmas shopping..I want to have it all done by Oct in case something happens and I am not able to do anything...Wouldnt want DH to be responsible for all the presents!!!!WEll, not much longer now to seeing the baby again..and I am scared too death...It makes me nervous every time until I actually look at the screen....

WEll...HELLO to all!!!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-11-2002 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:38 AM   #2  

Hi everybody! Another 3 days and I'm off for almost 2 weeks! I really needed that!
I have been so depressed the last 2 months, and not all of it was my money and DBF problems, so I've stopped the pill I was taking and am seeing if this helps. It's not the first time that a Pill brand has made me depressed. Even now, being off it for a few days, I seem to be feeling better, we'll see...I also feel bloated, although I have been very op, hopefully this is only a temp. thing. Cannot weigh myself as no scale. So much the better.
My dad came for a month, and has brought me a very nice two-piece (skirt and sleeveless top) for my BD (which was in May), which my sister picked out. It's beautiful in beige and goldthread and the top is kinda 70 ies. The skirt is a bit tight though because it's a size 6 (my sis the eternal optimist) but I still fit into it (if I hold my breath)

Hey RR! Looks like you have been running around like crazy! When do you have a USound again? after today (Monday) more peace in the house. Don't crack up

Will try to see y'all before I go, Lots of love for now,

Vassiliki
Old 08-12-2002, 05:21 AM   #3  

GG--My u/s is Tuesday at 3pm!!!!!! Nervous but cant wait!!!!
Yeah for U on the 2 weeks vacation!!Take care of yourself!!!!
RR
Old 08-12-2002, 08:15 AM   #4  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

I was lurking last week but never seemed to find the time to post! I don't know what's keeping me so busy to be honest. At home, it's the house. It seems like we always have something to do but it's been a lot of fun. We had our first bbq this weekend - with a charcoal bbq so that took a little patience since we didn't really know what we were doing! The food was good though! I don't know why I went along with it last weekend but my husband decided it was time to splurge with the food and check out the new neighbourhood and I won't even tell you what I ate but it made a dent in my diet. I'm back though and I think now I'm only up one pound from my low so that's okay. Will keep struggling to get to the labour day goal!

Lauren - so sorry about your struggle with your weight and the pregnancy. I haven't been there but I want to be pregnant some day and I so sympathize with you. That is my biggest worry - that I 'll struggle for so long to get to a decent weight and then balloon back up. But I know from other people, if you're careful, and don't use the pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever you want (like some of my friends made the mistake of doing) you'll be fine. You can be back at your pre-pregnancy weight fairly quickly - and you'll have a healthy baby of course!! And that's the best part. I'm sure it's hard with the people at work but it's so worth it - I know you know that so just think about the big picture.

RR - so exciting about the U/S - keep us posted. I can't believe school there starts so early - when did that happen?

GG - size 6 - wow!! Even if it is tight. Right now I weigh around 145(ish) and I'm happy about my size 12's. Okay well not really happy but I don't know what I'd have to weigh to get into a size 6. That's so great. And enjoy your vacation!

Hi to everyone!

Elisa
Old 08-12-2002, 09:29 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Elisa- Hey, you have to spluge every now and then...and a new neighborhood is a good reason. Now you've got it out of your system. I remember trying to cook on a charcoal grill a couple times. Seemed like it took forever!! Just give me the gas!!

RR- I'll be wishing you open leg vibes today!! Can't wait to hear what it is!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 08-12-2002, 10:46 AM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Some one on the other thread asked me about Fitday! I LOVE IT! I find if I log after everytime I eat all day long.. i do much better than if I log it all at the end of the day....

I am doing well, need to run some errands so I can't post too much right now!
Old 08-13-2002, 03:40 AM   #7  

Girls, I’m sooo exited! I finally got the credit loan I was waiting for so now I can pay off all my debts slowly!!! I am already feeling lots better and I think that might be because of I stopped taking the pill also. I seem to be less wanting to cry all the time, and I’m less aggressive too, so all in all a good new start.
I also decided that me and BF (notice that the D has been omitted for the moment) are going to have a big talk before I go on holiday (might even be tonight): he should make his mind up about being with me and getting serious in stead of getting all insecure and blustery whenever some difficult subject is coming up. I want to have kids (4 would be nice, and I’m 32) so if he’s not going to be Mr. Right, I would like to have time to find one, no matter what I might feel for BF.
I have decided not to go looking for scales, but just stay op during the holidays and have fun. We’re not going to go out eating much anyway I guess, my dad is a gourmet (healthy) cook and prefers poisoning us himself (joke) to being poisoned by others.
I am also taking my weights and am going to swim every day (that’s an easy promise, I love swimming).

RR, may I be the first to wish you lost of fun today at the U/S!

Lauren, listen to Elisa, she’s right, if you don’t use the PG to splurge on a daily basis and give breastfeeding, you should not gain to much and find it easier to get off after the birth!

Elisa, thanx for the compliment! And don’t worry about a one-day splurge, just stay op now!

Lots of love, Vassiliki
Old 08-14-2002, 01:07 PM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

Pretty quiet around here this week. I've been busy at work, and exhausted otherwise, I guess everyone else is busy too. I'm really trying to be good and pay attention to what I'm eating, because my left foot/leg has been swollen the past few days. I think it was food overload on the weekend. I had Olive Garden Friday night and Cracker Barrel Sunday! Too much salt probably. It kind of freaked me out because I've never swelled from salty food before.

GG- Good for you taking care of your debt. It's such a huge relief when you finally feel in control of it, isn't it?! I'm definitely going to give BF'ing a try, hopefully it'll work.

Elisa- I'm trying not to use being PG as an excuse, and I don't think I am, I think I'm just slipping back into my old ways. Need to start planning meals again.

Hope everyone is well! Have a great day all!
Old 08-14-2002, 03:41 PM   #9  

Hello???? Anybody out there??? I don't think I've ever seen this board this quiet before. I hope everyone is doing okay and you are just so busy exercising and cooking healthy meals you haven't had a chance to check in.

All is well here. I'm doing okay and splurging more than I should but mostly trying not to be consumed with focusing on the scale. Work has been busy so that's keeping my mind off snacking and I've been taking the pup for walks every night. She's getting to where she can go 20-30 minutes now (first couple of times were only 10 and that was mostly me waiting for her -- she's little Ms. Curiousity).

See Ya,
Liz
Old 08-14-2002, 05:11 PM   #10  

Hello everyone!!!!!IT'S A HEALTHY GIRL!!!!!!!!!

DH was very happy but sort of disappointed it wasnt a boy...She is healthy and was really moving around alot..We are almost 90% sure cuz she was uncooperative but we couldnt see any boy parts!!!I am soo excited she is healthy!!!!!
RR
Old 08-14-2002, 05:54 PM   #11  

Well, congrats Vicki!!
I'm one of those people who hate to know in advance so we didn't look at that part of the ultra sound. I just knew I was having a girl when I was preg. with Weston. When he was born and the Dr said "its a boy". I yelled "a boy? what am I suposed to do with a boy??". I got a few funny looks over that one. I liked Drew Berrymore in that movie "Riding with boys in cars" when she kept saying "no, I had a girl" and pushing the baby boy away.

A friends mom gave me a box of ScanDiet powder drink mix. I just tried one for the first time and I understand why she was giving this $40 box away. This stuff is fuzzy tasting!

My legs are firming up from all the walking I've been doing lately. No movement in the scale or in measurements but I am firmer in the legs at least.

I couldn't figure out why I've been so sore today - can barely move. Then I remembered what I did yesterday. We're having the ductwork redone under our house and to save a bit of money I volunteered to crawl around under there and disconnect all of it. I use to cave all the time so small dark spaces don't bother me (I actually rather enjoyed it - I know I'm sick!!) anyway my body hasn't been belly crawling, twisting, turning like that in a long time so I'm feeling it today. The only other thing down under there was one big toad - he scared me to death until I realized he was a toad and not a mouse.

We're going to a birthday party tonight and tomorrow we leave for Lexington KY.
- jul
Old 08-14-2002, 09:13 PM   #12  

hello all.

I am home finally! But I had a great time. Our store opening went well & had a great time with the family at my brothers. I'm so behind here at home - tons of laundry to do and etc. - and today I had 2 appts., tomorrow one, so it'll take me a while to feel like I'm getting caught up. Looking forward to a day at home on Friday.

I saw the message that the server is being changed this weekend so I guess we will be down. Bummer.

RR - congrats on the !

Greek - enjoy your 2 week vacation! ~ Size 6 is awesome! ~ Good luck on your talk with bf - hope it all works out as you want.

Elisa - nice you are enjoying the new place!

KarenW - Liked the quote!

Liz - hooray for all the walking w/the pup.

Jul - funny boy/girl story! ~ Enjoy your trip.

gotta run. Rabbit
Old 08-15-2002, 05:32 AM   #13  

Good Morning!!!
Jul--UR too funny!!!! I liked that movie-it made me laugh!!!

Well, I have gained 7 lbs total in 22w soo I am pleased but I feel like it is going to move up now ..Someone told me yesterday that I was "fat" and then someone said my "face was double in size" etc etc..People are just mean sometimes..DH assures me that you can see the weight in the stomach only..He is too nice cuz I see it in the bootie!!!

Have a nice day all!!!!!
Vicki
Old 08-15-2002, 08:02 AM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

RR- WooHoo!!! Congrats!!! I'm soo excited that it's a girl!! I want a girl soo bad, I'm just sure it'll be a boy!! Maybe DH doesn't mention the bootie or boobs because he's happy they're there!!

Jul- I will be like you if it's a boy, what am I gonna do with a boy?! Pop some ibuprofen for your sore muscles!! Have fun at the party and in KY.

Rabbit- Welcome back!! How many stores do you have now?

Liz- Hey, nice to see you! I think August is traditionally a slower month on the boards. It's summer, everyone's squeezing in vacations before school starts up again, or they're out school shopping.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-15-2002, 08:08 AM   #15  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

It's been so quiet here lately but it's the summer and people are busy enjoying the outdoors - I hope. We certainly have been. We go for a nice long walk almost every night and I'm trying to get my husband into the bike riding which is going okay so that's got to help! I updated my Labour Day Goals because I finally lost the weight I gained from splurging a couple of weeks ago. I'm at 145 and that was once my original goal. While I'm thrilled, I know now that it's not my goal any longer. I still feel kind of "fat" you know what I mean - and I don't love the size I'm at and I still don't like the way I look in some things so my next goal is 135 and we'll see from there.

Rabbit - you're back!! Welcome. Maybe you'll put some life back into these boards!

RR - some people are definitely just mean. I'll never understand it but it says more about them than it does about you. I'm sure you look great!

Hi to everyone!

Elisa
Closed Thread