Old 01-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/241/130

Height: 5'2

Red face I am looking for a buddy

Hi everyone,

I have made the resolution to lose weight. I have made the decision this time for me . I want to be healthy and live a long life. So I am wondering if anyone would like to buddy up. I think the extra motivation would be very helpful in helping me stick to my goals and I would like to be someone else's motivation as well.

Please let me know.

Kimberly
ftcollinsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #2  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I'm in!
I'm planning on portion control and exercise-and mini goals. I have to constantly remind myself that i'm not going to lose 10lbs a week.

Would you like to be buddies?
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 276.5/273.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Hello, I am new to the forum as of today. I am recommited to my weightloss journey.

I am struggling with making excersize part of my daily routine and do binge eat sometimes. I would love to have some buddies! If you are willing - I would commit to posting either weekly/daily/every other day -- whatever works. I am looking for support. This journey can feel lonely at times!!

Good luck to us all!!
AzimuthRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/155/145

Height: 5'4"

Can I join your buddies group! Need some buddies to keep me motivated and on track.
tilaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #5  

I like the buddies group idea. Maybe we could all plan to post every other days to this forum and keep everyone motivated? Yesterday was my first day back on Atkins and I thought I was going to die...talk about sugar cravings...day 2 and I feel a little better...hopefully by tomorrow the cravings will subside.

Good luck everyone!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #6  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Default Gotta Get Off This Plateau

Okay, I've been stuck at the same weight for about 2 months now and it's getting old now. I have no one to blame but myself and I am ready to get back on track. My sister (AzimuthRing) told me about this buddy post and I thought I'd see if I can join.

Happy New Year everyone and may we all reach our goals.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #7  

I think the more the merrier! I lost about 40 lbs in a few months a few years ago and felt a lot better...now I have gained it all back and just need to keep focused so I can reach my goal.

I have set 24 lbs by the end of March as my mini goal. That would be 10% of my current weight and 1/4 of what I want to lose total.

Anyone else have mini goals?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to join in to offer support and get some motivation from you all. I hope that would be okay!

I am on a mission to lose 60 pounds; I gained about 50 in graduate school, and am determined to get back to my healthy weight. I have struggled with weight off and on since I was a child--very frustrating! I love to work out and can run 2--3 miles fairly easily, but I out-eat any exercise that I do. Working out has never been an issue for me, it's always been controlling my food.

Also, I'm very hungry as I write this!! But this is distracting me from finding a snack....

Take care, good wishes to you all!
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/159/145

Height: 5'4"

I would love to join this buddy group. I have been stuck above 160 for a long time. I have a mini goal of 6 pounds but I would really like to lose 15 or 20. Maybe some buddies will help me with my motivation! I have no problem with portion control; it’s the exercising I need help with.

We can do it!
bubblelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 276.5/273.2/165

Okay ladies and gents! Let's keep this thread alive and kicking!!

I made my mini goal to workout (walk, go to the gym, work out at home) at least 45min 4 days a week thru Feb 1. If I don't excersize I don't lose weight. I know this, and know the consequences of it. SO I just HAVE to do it (darn!).

I went to the Gym today with my brother. I walked/eliptical/rowed/bike for one hour. I did 15 minutes on each..and boy at about the 30 min mark I wanted to give up - but I didn't.

Ftcollinsmama - I like your idea of mini-goals. And thanks for starting the thread! I am doing a low carb plan also, and I have had the worst headache for the past 2 days. I hope it disappears tomorrow with your cravings!!

dietcokehead98 - Portion control is key for me. I can't buy anything in bulk - or I will eat it in bulk also.

tilaf - join us! let us know how you are doing. I know I'm gonna need some support to get through the tough times.

HMR2010 - I gained about 50lbs when I went back to school too, and I am ready to get rid of it! Excersize is my nemesis right now..so I envy it being your buddy. Hoping to learn how you do it!!

Bubblelife - mini goals are great -- hopefully we will all celebrate those achievements soon!!

Diabetic Z - time to leap off that plateau!! And I'd sure like to go down with you. Let's keep motiving each other! I know first thing I had to do is look myself in the mirror and tell myself I really want this. IT is definitely hard sometimes!

I will post every other day -- more when I feel the urge to lose control. I need to bury myself in something when I feel myself headed toward binge eating.

Look forward to having less of us in 2010!!

Last edited by AzimuthRing; 01-03-2010 at 01:10 AM.
AzimuthRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #11  

Default Mini Goal For January

My mini goal for this month is to keep my days off from exercise down to one a week. In the past two months, I have taken 12 days off each month. That coupled with lax dieting has resulted in a very stable plateau. As my dietitian pointed out, I now know how to maintain my weight, it's time to start losing again.

Gotta stay focused and keep my eye on the prize.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #12  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

To those who are having sugar cravings after being on a low-carb diet: YES! It gets easier! Refined sugar is surprisingly addictive and is present in a lot of the (processed) foods that we eat as HFCS, glucose, fructose, sucrose, lactose... the list goes on and on. It will take about 2-3 days of cravings to get it out of your system. The more whole foods you eat (i.e. prepare from scratch), the easier it becomes. I've rediscovered a love for cooking because I wanted to eat more whole foods.

Organic foods is a different cup of tea altogether.

Like any drug, physical withdrawl symptoms (shaking, headaches, etc) only last a few days; it's the psychological withdrawl that causes us to backslide. I gave up drinking Diet Coke (and all soda) cold turkey and for 2 days, suffered massive headaches. I'm okay now, but I do have the urge to pop open a can and taste the bubbles fizzing down my throat. Currently, I'm drinking up to 15 glasses of water a day- YIKES!- but the acidy taste I get in the back of my mouth and the upset stomach at night is totally gone.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Hooray Buddies!

This is firing me up, I feel very motivated "talking" with you all! Thank you to Ftcollinsmama for getting this going! I will try to get into the habit of checking back in every other day or so. I can always use the motivation, and if I can also help someone else out, that is great!

I am doing an HMR program, a medically supervised fasting program, through my clinic--shakes and entrees during the initial weight loss, which segway into health eating and maintenance. I have lost 7 pounds so far, and am very excited about that!

I am very focused on being a good role model for my children; we have a daughter and a son. Our daughter is 6, and starting to become more cognizant of her body, what we eat, etc. I struggled with eating disorders in high school and college, but now have gone the other way with overeating. I don't want my dear sweet daughter to have to endure that....it's been miserable for me. So, aside from getting into a very healthy place for myself, I want more than anything to prevent any disordered thinking/eating/self-esteem issues for my daughter. Being a good example is very important to me.

We can do it, and staying in touch will help a lot, I think.

Warmly,
Me
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default Another Buddy?

Hi Everyone!

So far I am loving this thread--thanks Ft Collins Mama! Everyone seems super positive about making changes in their lives, I am too!

I lost about 30 pounds a year ago and have kept it off but am looking to rev up my weight loss. I have a mini-goal of 50 pounds by the end of May which is when I am taking a Mediterranean cruise.

My boyfriend has lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks and I have only lost 4.5. Tomorrow I am starting a strict lean cuisine/veggies/low cal plan. I have a week of menus planned out.

Keep going everyone!! We can do this!
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #15  

HMR2010 - I also started my dieting journey with a medically supervised fasting program. In the beginning I averaged a pound a day weight loss and managed to get all my medical conditions in check (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, liver enzymes, sleep apnea). I wish you luck with the program.

I owe my personal trainer 40 sit ups and 40 push ups before Tuesday. So far I've only done 10 of each. After this post, I'm headed to the rec center for some cardio. Sunday is my usual day off from exercise but I took Friday off since all the rec centers were closed. I'll check back later tonight.