Old 01-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up 30 Somethings January Chat

Happy New Year!!

How did everyone ring in the new year? We took the family across the street to our neighbors house for snacks, scattegories, and fun! We had a psuedo-countdown at 8pm with sparkling cider. Both families have small children so that was perfect.

We came home and put the babies to bed and the big kids wanted to stay up til Midnight. Well...THEY made it - but Mom and Dad didn't! I did my best, but I had drank an oatmeal stout beer and fell asleep reading my new Canning and Preserving Cookbook.

Exciting, huh?!

I made some potatoes for breakfast. Diced and boiled, then fried up in a pan with some onion, garlic, salt and pepper. I did throw some cheese on top, but it was part skim mozz.

I NEED TO PURGE THIS HOUSE OF SNACKS TODAY.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #2  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

We played a board game with the kids and ate apple crisp (yes, I had some). I had budgeted that and sparkling cider into my meal plan. (Unfortunately or fortunately, I fell asleep without remembering the cider, so I save 140 calories!)

The kids stayed up with DH past midnight watching a movie. I went to bed at 10:15 to read a book and was asleep by 11pm...I used to be able to pull all-nighters in college...whatever has happened...
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #3  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I've been AFK for a while, but...

I pretty much had a normal night, I did cardio, then puttered around the house and did my evening ablutions and was in bed at 11:30 the Hub was playing Left For Dead with a friend 'til I don't know when.

I bought a bottle of mead and didn't even touch it! Oh well, there is always my b-day!

Last edited by Skullarix; 01-01-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I made it until 11pm last night, whoohoo! lol...

This really is late considering that I'm usually ready for bed at 8pm and almost always in bed by 9.

Our son spent the night at a friends where the parents put on a nice fireworks show for them, and they ate a bunch of junk food I'm told... glad I wasn't there

I really wanted to weight myself in today seeing as how it's the first day of teh entire year, I wanted to show myself the number that will be the highest I ever want to see this year, or any year ever again...

I can't believe it, I was hoping to hold steady but I lost some! 200.6- onderland was my goal for today- SO CLOSE!

We planned to go snorkeling today but no one is up for it, so we've postponed it. We're going to relax and I found a biggest loser marathon on, hubby found it for me actually- he's the best! (I've figured out that he found the marathon fo rme so I won't notice him playing WOW on the computer without me- my desktop broke so I can't play right now, lol).

Have an AWESOME new year day everyone!
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone. To ring in the new year I spent the night alone... which was really nice. I put away all the Christmas stuff yesterday then in the evening I puttered around the house. I watched a marathon on the food network and played on the computer. Hubby had to work and DD was spending the night with a friend. Hubby got home at 11:50 so we both got to watch the ball drop together. Then I promptly went to bed. I am not used to staying up so late.

So last monday I went to a WW meeting and I joined by prepaying for 12 weeks. With all the steriods and binging I was up to 218.5, that is up from 207... ughhhh.... I am determined to get under 200 by the end of the school year. Hoping that this year brings me no more sinus infections and no more steriods, those things are the devils spawn when I am trying to lose weight.
I have done very well so far and have counted everything. I am an old pro at WW it just comes down to the accountablity for me. I did get myself a new years present the new Hungry Girl book which has quite a few good recipes in it. I have had french toast nuggets the last couple of days for breakfast. Hubs is like, how are you eating that on WW. Yummmmy...
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

We went to my husbands brothers house and we spent the evening chatting with him and his wife. We watched the ball drop and then headed home shortly after. I have been way off track the past few weeks and I am back on it as of today. Last night I had a few vodka and tonics and cheese and crackers.

I really did not think the holiday season would affect me as badly as it has, I thought I had more will power than that. I do however have determination and I want to lose whatever weight I have gained in the past few weeks...actually I think the past week it has piled on...maybe up to 5lbs.

I have a new weight loss goal of 140-145 lbs so I need to change my ticker to reflect my goal weight.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #7  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

DH and I had a BBQ in the back yard (summer time here!) and fired up the chiminea for the first time. Ate the last of the ice cream (100ml really isn't a lot!) and felt kind of icky (hayfever went mad!), so I went to bed at 10. DH came in at 1145 and I remember the cat jumping on my face. Certainly not the most interesting evening I've had.

OTOH, I woke up on 1 January feeling good and even went for a 20 minute run as per the C25K. I made it. Thankfully I was the only one in the gym. I self-talked my way through it. I mean "get your fat lazy *** into gear, Mollz..."; "Do you want a machine to get the best of you?" "If you stop running, the lava will catch up with you" and, my favourite "Just one more minute! Can you do one minute? Yes, I can do one minute." and I did that for the last 5 minutes.

When I hit 20 minutes, I had to get off the treadmill- I had broken down into tears; I had done it! I had never done more than 8 minutes at a time before.

So, good start to the new year.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #8  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

In the 'start the year as you mean to go forward' front, I headed out the door @ 12 w. roomie S & Dogs (Eleanore & Halifax, retriever varietals, mine, and Fisher, miniature pinscher, S's). E, H & my usual is 2 miles and a bit (to keep E's energy down to a manageable level, and mine up to one). E distinguished herself by eating through her head-collar before we got out the door. Pause to swap for H's head collar. About 2 doors down, however, discovered Cheap Shoes are Not Overly Good for one's knees: they or the other day's walk knocked something off kilter. Around the block (3/4 a mile) it was instead. H's pulling not noticeably worse w/o head collar -- but man, was his attention harder to get! We shall be returning to the Pet Supply Store for the acquisition of new head-collar.

Refused to get on scale: over-obsession is bad for me. I was down 1 lb before NYEve. Last night we marginally OD'd, but not majorly, and all -stopped- when we were feeling satiated, but not stuffed. We'll see what Monday's result is.

Hope to discover tomorrow if walking without dogs causes all **** to break loose in house: if so, will simply walk them more. I'm sure they'll be heartbroken.

On my Road, (Gmaps pedometer thing), I've made it to the intersection of Cobb Parkway, Blackacre Trail, Third Army Rd and Joe Frank Harris Parkway (all the streets change name at the 4-way stop) in Acworth: I hope to make it to Adairsville by Friday. Wish me luck!
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #9  

Mollz: Awesome job on the 20 minute run! I've done the just one more minute thing many a time...my favorite to use on myself is "come on Jen, you were in labor for 38 hours, what's 5 minutes!" LOL...
Old 01-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #10  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Great job on all the exercise gals! One more minute, indeed!

Does anyone else use a heart rate monitor? I thought they were unnecessary until I had one. I'm actually on my 2nd one now, as I finally broke the chest strap on the other one.

I think I might loose my mind today. My kids are coming down from their "Super Spoiled Sugar Induced Holiday" and of course DH works Saturdays. The baby was up at 2 to eat, then decided 5:20am would be a great time to get up for the day. I tried, really, to get him to go back to sleep. Then I just gave in. Sure enough he went back to sleep at 7am and I managed to eek out another hour of sleep before our 2yr old got up.

Trying to eat well to feel well today. Not supposed to run for a few more days - bet I could do some walking though. Back injection was HORRIBLE. I won't be going back to get the other one done.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Hey Ladies

I had to work New Years Eve, so I was up at 5am as normal and only made it to 11:30pm. My mom and sister called apprently but I slept right through it. I was exhausted!

I did do JM's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and levels 1 &2 of BL Weightloss yoga. A good start.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'6

Hi!

We didn't do anything special for NYE....our oldest was sleeping over at a friend's house and so it was just dh, me and our younger kids (6, 4, and almost 2) They got to stay up late, which was 8:30 for them. This diet has me super cranky so I can't take the craziness past 7:30 or so.

I am really really looking forward to getting back to our normal routine. I just finished up our lesson plans for this upcoming week and I'm so happy to be back to normal.
KathyinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #13  

KathyinAL: My diet gets me cranky too...when I'm doing alot of workouts, I just get so dog gone tired...My kids usually get to bed about 8:00, read until 8:30, hoping they'll be asleep by 9:00...Christmas break blew that routine out the window. I've heard "but I don't have school tomorrow" enough times that I think that made me a bit cranky. Oh well, school starts Tuesday...

MP: I hear ya on the sugar high stuff with the kids. My kids are very sensitive to food additives and food colors, so we control their diet pretty strictly when school is in session. They've gone rather hog wild over Christmas and I have to reign them back in before school starts. They aren't going to like it, but the party's over...
Old 01-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #14  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Alas, 'normal' doesn't hit for me until a week from Mon. OTOH - This is a good thing -- I have about 3 more papers to go.

Today was a total win for workout -- I wore out the dogs with 2.5 miles in the cold, and wore out my own heel by not wearing enough socks under the warm shoes (always 2 pair! That way the friction goes between the -SOCKS- not between the sock & heel! Nimwit!!)

KathyinAL -- how old are the kidlets? are you able to team-teach them, or are they at completely different levels? I totally hear you on the crankiness -- mine is driven by the urge to murder the dogs, especially after I've yelled at them for the 10th time in an hour for either (a) barking at the Presbyterians (we live across the street from a church) or (b) counter-surfing. If they're not doing one, they're at the other.

Off to find more blankets. I'm too cheap to turn up the thermostat.

TTFN!
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'6

First of all...it's working!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why, but for some reason I had doubts that I could do it...but I lost more than 3 lbs in less than a week and that was with a couple cheating episodes. Tomorrow will be exactly 7 days from the day I officially started my diet so I wonder if any more will come off then.

Shrewkate- my oldest is 15 and for the most part works independently. My other kids are 6, 4, and almost 2. My first grader and preschooler take turns doing math and language arts with me, then we do our other subjects together though my 4 year old is allowed to opt out of that if he chooses, since he is so young.
KathyinAL is offline   Reply With Quote