Biggest Loser 2010

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I'm up for Mondays; % is fine so long as nominal #s get posted too (1/2 of 1% is too depressing -- rather like the savings rates you get these days!

I am not sure about the 12 week thing. On the one hand, yay, continuity! On the other hand 1-month blocks seem nicely... manageable? I think?

Would anyone be willing to do 1-month postages? e.g. 'this week, we lost X #; Y %; for the month, X #, Y%; since challenge onset, X#, Y%'?

(Or am I, as always, overthinking things, and this is the Way It Works anyway?)

--Shrewkate
  • I am a newbie to this but have been doing weight watchers for a year. I have lost 75 lbs and still have a ways to go. What do I have to do to be in on this?
  • New to the site, but count me in! I signed up for a buddy to keep me motivated!
  • I'm Brand New!
    Just watched the grand finale from this last season. I'm new. I'm ready. Can I join in? Sounds fabulous to me! Is there a limit to how many people join in?
  • Can I join you guys too? I am 33 and have just really started actively posting on the boards. I just reached the healthy weight zone for my heigth but I can definately say that I am NOT done losing weight judging from my body now. I love biggest loser and a challenge would be SO AWESOME!
  • Sounds like fun, count me in!

Im new at this so Im not sure how this all works, so are we just gonna reply back to this thread each week or how does it work?
  • Quote: ...could someone please tell me what "show" you are talking about? (yes, I live in a cave)

B.
    Thanks for asking, B. I'm not sure what the show is, either.
  • Answers
    Okay - let me answer some of your questions. If I don't specifically address your concern, just shoot me an PM and we can chat.

I thought I would start a new thread where we can weigh in and post results. Since the general consensus is a total 12wk challenge, we will probably have a January Biggest Loser thread February and so on.

I will figure the percentages and post the hard numbers with the percentages along side. We can total them on a monthly basis when we switch to a new monthly thread. I can help with that too.

You don't need to do anything to join in! Just weigh in with us on the first day, and continue to weigh in on each Monday of the challenge. If you would like a partner, there is a thread to sign up on. If you start then stop, I will just remove your name - no big deal.

The show we are talking about is called The Biggest Loser and airs on NBC on Tuesdays evenings. You can also catch it on hulu.com one week after it initially airs (which is what I do - no TV).

So that's it! Just grab a partner (or don't), and weigh in and post it on our Monthly Biggest Loser thread. I will keep the records and figure the percentages. Feel free to check my work! Crazy Mom of 4 here
  • Problems with PMs
    Just wanted to point out that many of us (self included!) are new here. We can't use the PM function until our 20 days are up. This might cause some difficulty for teams with newbies trying to contact each other and weigh in for the first few weeks.
  • MotherMe - no problem. Just post your weight and I'll do the rest till you get that PM'ing option.
  • mortonpixie -- you rock like a rocking thing! (*frowns at the emoticons for not having a curling rock to stick in here*)

Thanks for all the clarification -- I'm in! will report Monday!

--Shrewkate
  • Cool! I just found this site and I looooove Biggest Loser! Please count me in and how do I found those lovely tickers with the weight AND BMI????
  • I'd love to join! See you Monday! Do we post on this thread or will there be a new one???
  • I am in as well. I will check back next week for weigh in information
  • Count me in too! The more support the better. I love Biggest Loser and am making changes for myself this year. I'll check back tomorrow.