Old 12-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #91  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

I hate December. It's the worst month in the world for me!! Lots of baking to do, lots of opportunities to try the batter and erm, test for, erm, quality. Yeah, quality.

But, having said that, there have been little signs of encouragement; I can pull on one of my pairs of 16s without having to unbutton and unzip (I feel awesome about that), one of the trainers at the gym says that she's noticing a difference with my new routine (that felt pretty good, coming from a woman who wants to gain weight since she's so little) and today, another woman at the gym said I was looking really good (of course, she and I perv on the guys when we're on the bikes- makes the routine go by so much faster).

I started my couch to 5K program- I'm on Week 4, Day 1 and feel that I might actually be able to run 20 minutes by the end of next week (coincidentally, New Year's Day). This is an awesome program for people who aren't sure how or where to start running. I've even got my hubby starting it in 2010. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml If I can get him working out, then maybe I can encourage him to do a little more working out and get buff for his 40th this year.

And hubby also said that we may be going home next year for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Got to get those last 15kg/33 pounds off and show my rellies that I'm not the fat, lazy slob they always said I was.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #92  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

That Couch to 5 K program is great. :tu I tried it a few years ago & loved it, but found I hate running. *blush* I may try again in the summer. I can't run in the cold well.
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #93  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Mollz - welcome back, girl! And don't go hating on December, my birthday is coming up. The C25K is a very workable program. Watch out - road racing is addictive!

Well, I got on the scale again this morning and after pushing water all day yesterday, I managed to pee off almost a pound of that weight I put on with poor eating habits.

We are expecting a huge winter storm here later today. We are forcast to have about an inch of ice then 6 inches of snow. My sis is coming up early from KC and will be here this morning. I hope my mom can make it from central NE.

One of my DC parents brought me a gift today. A nice card with a picture of her and her little boy, an ornament with the kids pic in it (SO cute!) and a gift card to Shopko. After she left I looked at the gift card - $100!!! OMG! I don't know what to say! Quite the gift, indeed.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #94  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Anyone know where I can buy some willpower? Blast you stinkin holiday eating!!!!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #95  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

MortonPixie- yes, the C25K is getting addictive. I never thought I could run and I wasn't sure how to. I've heard some people on 3FC talking about it, so decided to look it up. I'm getting there; Week 4, Day 2. Exhausted, but feel good! And I went for a hard as bike ride afterwards!

December can't be all that bad if its your birthday! But I hate the baking (I can't eat any of it!) and the shopping (it's hard when you can't really afford the presents you're buying!).

SamanthaJubilee- when you find a store, ask if they do international shipping!

Weight stayed the same as yesterday, even though I felt that I did REALLY well and tracked everything I ate. WTF? Maybe now that I don't have any more to do, it'll go away? I haven't seen 87.2 (a 4 pound gain for me!) for at least 2 months. Here's hoping it'll come off after Christmas.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #96  
Less than 15 now!!

Morning Chicks!

We are expecting yet another winter storm here. Ice first, then 6in of snow! My sis came early and is testing my patience. It's 10:30am and she's still snoozing away. I was up feeding the baby about 1am and she was just going to bed. STILL - if she didn't fall asleep til 2am she's been in the rack long enough. The kids are all chomping at the bit for Aunt Amy to get up and asking what she's going to do with them today. I dont KNOW!! I've been up since 6:30 feeding, washing dishes, dressing, changing diapers, making meals, and planning for tomorrow - leave me ALONE!!

Okay. Rant over. Hubs bought me some M&M's Premium and I am saving them till naptime. I'll have 10 and read my book - yay!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas Ladies!!!!

I say on Christmas....calories be buggered! We'll be back on track the 26th!!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 198/202/155

Height: 5'2"

Default Where are we at?

So how is everyone? Did we make it through Christmas okay?

I haven't gotten on the scale in a couple of weeks because I am very afraid of what it's going to say - but I can't hide out forever. My eating has been uncontrolled and I also slacked off on exercise during the last several days. But there is a new week ahead of me and a new year is on it's way too! No better time than now to get back on track and stay there.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
junkatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #99  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas. Sorry I've been MIA yet again. DD has been sick, AGAIN and guess who else has had a sinus infection again as well..... yours trully. That's another round of antibiotics and another round of steriods. I need to make an appt with a ENT but have to wait until after my insurance gets switched over.
DD went back again to her ENT and he has no idea how to help her. At this point they are sending her for more allergy testing. She's already done that and had shots for five or six years. He can't figure out why she is still having headaches. Very frustrated with her being sick and me too.

On a better note we had a great Christmas with no major meltdowns. I ended up with some pretty nice stuff from DH which is surprising because he can't pick out gifts too well. Mostly I enjoyed just being with family, playing games and celebrating our saviors birth.

Diet is not going well at all. Being sick yet again and on steriods that drive me crazy and make me feel like I MUST eat has gotten me way up on the dreaded scale. I have tried to reign in myself to no avail and at this point I really need some accountability. I am not sure what I am gonna do.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I had a good Christmas despite being alone. My parents and older sister live in Florida (sister is about 45 min away from parents. Parents moved there when my dad retired about 5years ago) My brother and I have in the past driven down, but the economy has hit me really hard financially and being employed as a temp(still! I've been temping for this one organization since May4th!), I could not afford to lose the pay. I'm already losing enough with them closed on Xmas eve and closed at 3pm on the 23rd. But I've made many financial changes, enough that I'm sure Suze Orman say you're gonna be fine!

But anyway, my sis sent a package with a few small gifts from her and my parents so that I'd have something on Xmas, my brother gave me his gift before he left. My sister made some pretty jewelery for me (bead work), cd's from my brother (ZZ Top and Bon Jovi), and my parents got me a workout dvd that I've been wanting..The Kettlebell Goddess Workout!! Now all I need to buy that kettlebell. I'll be starting with one 15lb, then as I get stronger I can add a second 15lb bell. Anyhoo they say there is more they are sending up with my brother.

It was hard for this Christmas season because "friends" that I've had, didn't bother to even send an email saying Merry Christmas. One of them live 20min away the other 5min! I called these ladies friends, but now I see them for who they are. When I'm back on my feet $$ wise, I'll get back into doing things with Meetup.com and get back to school. Between those two I think that will help me find a whole new set of friends I can count on.

Diet wise.....Ummm NOT Good! I did get in a workout today. Jillian Michaels 30ds level 1 w/ 5lb hand weights rather than 3lbs followup with BL Cardio Max level 1. I was out of breath and drenched with sweat! Felt great.

Though I need to say as this year draws to a close, I am extremely greatful for all you ladies! You've been better friends to me than those others I was calling friends! Thank You!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:10 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I told myself I was going to be strong and I was... until xmas eve

I sabatoged myself! I have no idea of the weight because I don't weigh in again until next Thursday but I'll be happy to stay where I'm at (or was at last weigh in on xmas eve morning, I should say).

I thought a lot about my self sabatoge and got to thinking about how I've never seen myself anything but "heavy"... I've been overweight my whole life!

Maybe I'm afraid to do this? Because I certainly have a hard time visualizing myself thin. Anyway- this is definately a process that's changing my life by the way I think, the way I feel and the way I live my life but it's hard work!

My 33rd bday is Jan 13th, man I am getting old... anyway I hope everyone enjoys the remaining days of December.
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 198/202/155

Height: 5'2"

Squek - I can relate to where you are at. Just a month or so ago everyone in the house took turns being sick and there was also a big scare regarding my bf's health. My diet just went out the window because my focus had to be on just getting through the day and taking care of others. I didnt feel like I would ever get back on track, but fortunatly now we are in good health for the most part. It will get better!
junkatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Hiya ladies!

I'm back!

Glad to see some familiar faces around here!

I'm FINALLY stress-free! Stupid french class!!!
I'm so happy to be back and can't wait to catch up with all of you!

DH and I had a pretty crazy, busy Xmas holiday. His parents had a break-in on Boxing Day...just lost some jewellery and a bit of $$$...thankfully that was all. That was the only hiccup!

Got to sleep in a bit and enjoy life...it was nice and now it's over...

I've finally started exercising again! DH and I are trying to go swimming twice a week and I'm trying to get myself back into a routine with walking the dog. I think I'll be hitting the gym in the New Year!

I hope that you all had a happy and healthy holiday!!!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #104  
Less than 15 now!!

Squeak - been thinking of you and wondering how you are. Sure pray that DD gets some relief, and that 2010 is better for your family.

Jenn - Your post reminds me of some things that my hubs has told me about his "past life". We didn't get married until he was 38. His family wanted him to be a priest and his friends though he might be gay! Ha!! He says he was lonely sometimes, but knew that God had a plan for him. He is also a bit shy and spent much time reading, building his computers, and gaming. I am soo blessed that he waited for me! I pray peace for you this season.

bensempress - you are SO close to Onederland!! Keep going - we can do it!!

Junkatarian - glad you are all feeling better! That makes a world of difference!

I had my 34th birthday yesterday! I ended up having the day off work, and it was nice to stay home and hang out with just my kiddos. Hubs got me a card and a $10 YoVille gift card. I play that game, but have never spent actual money on it. It was nice to get a gift that was totally silly and that I wouldn't get myself.

The scale was down 1.6 yesterday. I really used a TON of restraint at Christmas dinner. I focused on the yummy ham my SIL made and only had what sweets I absolutely love. I had made a German Chocolate Cake (with coconut pecan filling) *love* so had some of that.

Anybody else purging the house of snacks after the 1st!? Yikes! We have a ton of popcorn, candy canes, and other little items that we DON'T need!!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #105  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Ok...I'm nervous. Going back to college is scary for me. I've started and stopped so many times. I want to do it, but things keep happening and I just can't do school & be a full time mom & full time employee. Pray for me!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote