Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #46  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Close2 - I''m sorry you are draggin! The hardest time for me to stay motivated is when I'm tired. It just feels better to EAT SOMETHING YUMMY !!

Bigknitter - I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Still. Again. Yuck.

Well we are on day #3 of being snowed in. The schools are still closed and my other clients car is stuck in her parents neighborhood. Our arterial streets are plowed, but the side streets are still a foot deep. We live at the end of a T intersection and there was someone stuck there about every hour yesterday.

I think I will clean out the fridge today. I've been on a fresh veggie strike (using frozen for convenience) and there are some "ripe" leftovers in there. I hardly know what to do with myself with just my kids here!

Maybe I can get my workout in over naps today. Doing it at 8pm is making it hard to fall asleep at night.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #47  

Height: 5'6"

What a crappy morning!

Lots of kiddos puking here. Must be a stomach bug. I am hoping everyone gets better over the weekend. We have a short week of school next week and then it's Christmas break. Seems like every year the kids at school have a stomach virus before Christmas break.

My weight is up 9 lbs! Holy Cow.. how in the heck is that possible? Steriods, antibiotics plus this sinus infection. I am hoping it's water retention.

I am busy, busy, busy this weekend. Tonight is the school nurse's Christmas party. I am taking my sister shopping before the party. Tomorrow we are meeting at my mom's to make Christmas candy, tomorrow night going to the movies and shopping for a needy child. Sunday is church then groceries. Then Monday it's back to work and start all over again!

Ya'll have a great day and stay away from those steriods.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #48  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

Well I don't know what the heck was up with the last two days! I had a 24 hour stomach bug I guess, but I feel like I'm over it now, thank goodness. I had some good news from the scale today, I'm at 149.6 - back under 150!! I hope to never see 150 on the scale again It is great news that makes me feel motivated to keep doing great.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #49  
hollster/holly/hollyday:)

S/C/G: 214/203/170

Height: 5'5"

Squeak, your weekend sounds busy like mine! I'm not looking forward to the two (count em) Christmas parties I will attend. My saving grace will be the white wine and tomato/cucumber/balsamic/feta salad I'll bring. I'll just eat lots of it and pretend not to see everything else ;-) I hope this plan works! Squeak, a friend of mine takes steriods periodically and always retains a ton of water, but it goes away when she finishes her course of pills. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

And yay Knitter! If I ever see 149 on a scale I'm standing on I'll probably bust. What a glorious number!!!

Things I'd like to accomplish this weekend:
1. Rid Cora of her diaper rash (our doctor prescribed a cream that cost $140 at the pharmacy, AFTER insurance)
2. Maintain my 1500 calorie restriction (I CAN do it!) in spite of the Christmas goodies
3. HAVE FUN!
holls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #50  
Wannabe Loser

I am having a great day. I got lots of yarny stuff done this morning, I'm feeling good about staying on my food plan, and I just got back from a fantastic karate class! Not to mention everyone in my house seems well, as in not sick!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

ETA I better knock on wood! lol

Last edited by Bigknitter; 12-12-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #51  
Less than 15 now!!

I'm with Holls - when I see 149 on the scale, I'm going to hug everyone in a 1 block radius! It's all relative. There are probably some over in the 300's group that envy those in Onederland.

bigknitter - glad to hear you are feeling better physically and emotionally. Hang in there, girl! Women are so complex that we don't even understand ourselves!

Well, I'm having a HUNGRY day. I hope I get to workout tonight because it's going to be tough to stick to my calorie budget today. I passed up hot dogs and chips at a church function today and when we got home after feeding the baby and trying to get naps in, I ended up with a protein bar and an apple for lunch. I've just been starving ever since.

A yogurt, a blueberry bagel, then 2 mini candy bars (that party at church gave the kids each a whole bag of candy!!) I'm just chugging water and holding on. I can feel a major binge coming if I don't watch it. DH gets home at 7:30 and I'm going to definitely workout tonight - normally I don't on the weekends, but I gotta.

I've been doing SO good - AAACK!!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!

Today was weigh in day and I lost 2.8lbs!!! I am so happy cause I wasn't expecting more than a pound cause last week I lost big, 3.4lbs! SO that's 6.2lbs in two weeks!!! YAY!

I had a brief lapse in sanity and went to the mall and Wal-mart to finish Xmas shopping. WHAT was I thinking!!!! I should've waited for a weekday evening.

Oh well. I did buy two cd's though. Shakira's new cd She Wolf and Lady Gaga-The Fame Monster. Both are sounding like great workout tunes.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #53  
Less than 15 now!!

Jenn is my hero! Big loss and finished shopping today. Treat yourself to a mani-pedi, girl!!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #54  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

Jenn ~ Congrats on the big loss!! I also went to WalMart yesterday and finished up my shopping. I got there early enough that it wasn't bad when I arrived, but horrible when I left. Busy & FULL of grumpy people. Why do people always seem grumpier this time of year?!

I did ok so far this weekend. Not the best tho as DH brought Chinese home for dinner on Friday night. Given our competition I *should* have said no, but it was very yummy. Today is an 'off' day where I don't dwell on my diet. Eat sensibly but no counting points/calories on Sundays. I need one day a week where it isn't an obsession.
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I managed to start my Christmas shopping yesterday, Walmart and Target were packed with crazy, pushy people.

I have to admit that I have not been on the treadmill in two days ( I will get on today!) and I had two glasses of wine last night. I guess I am not used to drinking wine anymore because right after I drank them I took an hour long nap

So I need to get back on track, my goal is to see 149 on the scale before Christmas and I have been fluctuating between 151 and 152.5 for the past couple of weeks or so.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 198/202/155

Height: 5'2"

Hello All,

I'm fairly new here. I posted once or twice in early November. I struggle with emotional eating, and when I'm not managing well my attempts to eat healthier and be healthier through exercise fall apart. Right now I still don't have my dieting back on track, but I am on track this week with my exercise.

It's really nice reading everyone's posts and hearing about others day-to-day challenges and successes. It's really inspiring to hear that Mortonpixie is able to exercise while running an in-home daycare and homeschooling your own four children - wow, hats off to you! Many of your other stories and circumstances are inspiring too!

Take care all - Happy December!
junkatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #57  
Wannabe Loser

Jenn that is great - way to go!!

Welcome junkatarian!

I found out today that I will be running another half marathon in March! I'm starting my training tomorrow. I'm excited!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #58  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone!

Sorry to hear how under the weather everyone's been. I seem to have escaped any bugs flying around...knock on keyboard.. .

I was TDY last week to the town where my parents live. We went out 3 nights in a row and it ended up being Mexican food all three times (not sure how that happened). I didn't lose any while I was gone, but did manage to drop a bit since I've been home.

I did have a nice surprise last week. My mom and I went to Khols one evening and I decided to try on clothes...usually NOT a good thing. There were some really cute shirts on clearance, but they only had them in Large, not XL. Surprise, surprise, not 1 but all 4 fit! YAY!!!!!! I then had the problem of picking which I liked, not just which one fit. I ended up buying 3 of the 4...actually the one I didn't buy was the only one in XL...it didn't look right...hee-hee!!!!

Well, I hope this week is 100% better for everyone!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #59  
Less than 15 now!!

Mornin' all

Minus 13 and howling wind here this morning. DC Baby came in short sleeves, too small overalls, barefooted, no hat or mittens. I have clothes for him here - poor kid. It's also very icy on the roads. What if Mom's car went off the road and she had to carry him to safety?? He would loose a couple fingers and an ear lobe to frostbite, that's what.

So I weighed in today and am down .2 of a pound. My calorie deficit says I should have lost about 1.5lbs. I did start lifting weights this month, so I'm probably replacing that fat with muscle. Still. Frustrating. I am undeterred!! I WANT SMALLER PANTS!!

How's everyone else today?

ETA: WTG AFCHICK!!! Wooohooo!!! You rock, girl! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 12-14-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #60  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Holls = I feel your pain on the exercise "issue". I am a working "full time" mom. I am not single, but I'm not married to my children's father anymore and he lives over an hour away. It is so hard have 3 children all in different schools & activities and working full time 30 miles from home. I don't want to give up my evening "time" with my kids, but I also don't want to wake up at 4:30am to workout either.
They say that you need at least 7 hours of sleep each night...and a good nights sleep is supposed to be helpful in weight loss & stress reduction. So my day goes as follows.
I "wake up" at 5:30 to make sure my HighSchooler is up. *I am NOT a morning person* I doze off until 6 & get my elementary schoolers up & start assisting them with getting dressed as I get myself dressed...feed the dogs...let the dogs out...pick up as I run from room to room. Get them out the door at 7:10 and finish my makeup and scurry out the door by 7:20am. Work from 8 am - 5pm. Home by 6 (usually). Dinner @ 6:30 - 6:45 (if I'm lucky). We are done eating by 7:15 at the latest. Then the kiddos want to play. Chores are done before 8pm bath time (younger kids) and then bed at 8:30 for the younger & then I can get ready for bed (which I get in bed about 9:30) catch up on whatever & TV off by 10:30. It takes me 30 mins - 1.5 hrs to fall asleep. So I get about 6 hours of sleep (on average).

I know there are ways to fit it in, but I don't have the ability to workout during my lunch time (cause there really is not a place for me to "clean up" afterwards). I could go in the evenings, but I feel like I'm giving up time with my children (even though they are usually locked up in their room or playing at the neighbors). I just feel bad if I'm not there when/if they want to talk to me.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote