Old 12-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #31  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday everyone!

I'm having a bad day...last night 5 minutes into my run, I felt a sharp pain in my left calf. I think it's a pulled muscle. I walked on it for a while so that it wouldn't freeze up on me. Today it was pretty sore. I decided to try and walk. I got 2 miles into it and was feeling pretty good. Then all the sudden, wham, it just knotted up on me again. Of course, I was a good way away from work at that point and had to limp back...ugh! I hate injuries...I hate feeling gimpy...

I think I need a hug...

Thanks for letting me vent...I will come back later with more positive stuff to chat about...

Last edited by AFChick; 12-07-2009 at 03:54 PM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 248/248/190

Height: 6 ft

yes, ketogenic = low carb. lean protein. lots of veggies.
sbinkerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #33  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

AFChick, ugh, that sucks that your calf is hurting I hate dealing with injuries, I hope it starts to feel better soon.

My Monday is pretty crappy, my dd is sick, going on the 3rd day of what seems to be the stomach flu. I did manage to squeeze in my first workout in weeks though! I did some strength training and actually ran 2 miles on the treadmill without dying lol It felt really good to finally do something. I'm on my second day of the Eat to Live plan and I'm feeling really good about it. I'm down 2 pounds from yesterday, which I'm sure is just water weight, but it is still nice!

I hope everyone is having a good day
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #34  

sbinker....that is what I am starting tomorrow...i feel better on that.. should have stuck with it when I was 80 pounds lighter and following it back in 2003....oh well...lessons learned (sigh)
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #35  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Happy Monday back at you all!

We had a very sleepless night with the baby last night. It's always a huge concern that he will wake up our 2yr old, and if that happens, the whole dang house might as well get up! Anyway, he cried every 1-2 hrs last night. Me and Hubs were pooped this morning. Teething maybe..??

I didn't get my workout in until after DH came home at 8pm. I was very happy about my performance and ran more than I have in a long time. Also hopped on the scale and moved that sucker down off the 200's! Yay!

We are in a winter storm watch here in the great state of Nebraska. Schools are already closed and we are expecting 10 or so inches with a very slow moving storm. Personally, I don't mind driving in it or anything. But in recent years the schools have caught **** for being open when driving conditions weren't all that whoopee.

I don't care what they do, our kids are home schooled...and we are off the months of December and June. It's nice to have a break. I won't have my DC baby tomorrow though 'cuz his Momma is a teacher. Yes, the one that brings her dirty, freezing, starving kid is a teacher. sigh...

Well, it's getting late and I don't know how much sleep will be available tonight. Better hit the hay.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:46 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Monday is Gone already... it went fast! Christmas shopping, not much even one thing have I purchased yet... but I did make all my xmas cards today so they're ready to go.

I'm baking whole wheat Pita bread (jalapeno, sundried tomato and olive!) and sending that along with some Kona coffee from here on the the Big Island this year. The only one who's getting real gifts is our son! He's 16 and all he wants is money though, lol... he's going to be surprised whether he likes it or not darn it hehe
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #37  

Height: 5'6"

Last night was fabulous and I ate too much but how often do you spend a small fortune on dinner and show? Then DH HAD to have fresh hot krispy kreme doughnuts. Ok, so I really failed last night but we had a blast and I am not going to regret it, maybe a little when the scale goes up or doesn't move at all.

Nothing planned tonight but cleaning on the house a bit and stopping by the store to pick up a few more Christmas cards.

Ya'll have a great day.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #38  
Less than 15 now!!

We are home all snowed in an cozy today! I had bought a turkey last week on a sale and cooked that up today. YUM!

Went to the doctor for my back this morning. Turns out the radiologist read my MRI wrong and I DONT have a torn disc in my back!! Phew! I was looking at a major surgery! They said they are going to instead inject my joint right near my hip to get the pressure off my sacral nerve. Can't have it injected until Jan 12th - but I'll survive.

Just hanging out and taking a Snow Day! My little kids are napping, so I might go see if a nap is in the cards for me...later I will workout. Happy Tuesday.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #39  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

I haven't popped into this thread yet... just catching up on emails and online stuff while the children play.

MP~ We homeschool too. I like the idea of the entire month of December off! What a great idea. But you said "December & June" so I'm assuming you school the other Summer months? We don't... I like the summer free from schooling.

Can I admit that I'm really just starting to watch what I eat. (Meaning today.. just starting!) tho I've been a member here for more than a week. Actually I don't even remember exactly when I signed up! LOL! I decided to try WW at home again. I already have the book & slider, so why not? I just hate to pay extra $ to try to lose weight...

DH & I challenged each other. We're seeing who will loose the most weight before Christmas. Whoever looses gives the winner a full body massage. Woohoo!! That's incentive ....
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #40  
Less than 15 now!!

Close2MyHeart - yay for TeacherMom! We take all of December and all of June off (till after the 4th of July). Our kids are small (6th grade and 2nd grade and on down) and get bored with to much time off in the summer. One month is enough.

Good for you for starting today! You certainly can't start yesterday, now can ya! I agree with using what you already have. I go back and forth between tracking calories on Fitday.com and using my old WW stuff. I tried low carb/ no carb, but just didn't like being told what I can and can't eat.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #41  
Wannabe Loser

Am I ever glad today is almost over! I had the worst day. It started out fine, except that my dd is still sick, but toward the afternoon I just started to get a BAD attitude I get that way sometimes but it hasn't happened in a couple of weeks, I don't know what set me off today. Anyway after a great, filling dinner of quinoa pilaf, white beans, and roasted brussels sprouts and onions I am heading off to my karate class and then calling it a day. Maybe I'll get to kick something, hard lol
Old 12-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #42  

Height: 5'6"

bigknitter I felt the same way this morning (wanted to kick something) I was late for work and 3 times people pulled out in front of me and went SLOW. One lady was putting on her makeup. One man was busy with something in his passenger seat. Grrrrrr... I prayed really hard to retain my cool otherwise I would have had really bad road rage this morning! Hope you got to kick something!!!

I dont know if it's the season or the weather but I am sooooo tired. Right now I could lay down on my desk and be instantly asleep. I didn't stay up later than normal so I don't know what's up. I think I may go to bed really early to night and see if that helps.

Is everyone ready for Christmas? It's gonna be here before we know it. I have the tree up and all the presents I have bought so far wrapped but I still need to get back to the mall without DD in tow. Usually I have everything done by now. I like to make lists and check things off but this year I didn't make a list and it's driving me nuts. (can we say OCD! LOL)
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #43  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

I'm also dragging lately. I am exhausted. I don't feel like doing anything. It's gotta be the weather.

I'm almost done & ready for Christmas. I'll finish up my shopping on Saturday!! WOOHOO! I love Christmas time

I am really struggling staying committed to this weight loss thing right now. Darn gingerbread men. however, I'm trying to stay on track and ignore their little voices calling me from the cookie jar. LOL!
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #44  
Wannabe Loser

Ugh, I think I will be ill for the entire month of December! I was just starting to feel better from a bug that lasted 2 weeks and then last night I couldn't keep anything down, this morning I have a fever. My dd was sick for 4 days with vomiting and I think she has passed it onto me.

Now it makes sense as to why I felt like I would pass out when doing yesterday's weight training. I hope to stay lying down all day, maybe make a little soup or green smoothie and hope I feel a little better. I'm so sick of being sick! I've got things to do!

Last edited by Bigknitter; 12-10-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #45  
hollster/holly/hollyday:)

S/C/G: 214/203/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi, everyone. I hope life is treating you well, today, in this incredibly busy and insane time.

Mortonpixie, I totally hear you about the sick baby and explosive diapers! Our baby girl just finished with a bout of RSV (and, subsequently her parents finished with it, too, lovely) and ear infection (two rounds of antibiotics to knock that out).

My gripes, today, are 1) having no time to workout and 2) being annoyed by stated calorie values vs. actual calorie values. The workout issue I'm just going to have to figure out, because I have to do SOMETHING. I just don't know when I'm going to fit it in! So frustrating when the only time I can come up with is when I'm supposed to be sleeping (which I don't do enough of, anyway). The calorie issue is something I deal with every time I put myself back on the food diary. I'm always super surprised by the amount of calories people SAY are in foods vs. the amount of calories actually in them. The place where I work has a cafeteria and usually I eat breakfast and lunch there. The healthy pickings are kind of slim, but if I work the system I can usually find something good for me. Sometimes I get a scoop of chicken salad from the deli without the bread or other sandwich fixings. Or sometimes the salad bar has low-fat cottage cheese. Here’s the issue, though. The cafeteria has a website with all of the calories in their foods, per serving, listed. However, and I began to suspect this when I noticed I wasn’t losing any more weight, their serving portions are a lot larger in real life than they are on paper! So I pretty much have to eyeball what I’m being given and either ask for less, eat less than I’m given, or compute the calories. It’s a guessing game! However it’s a game I’m going to have to play because I’m not going to start packing myself a breakfast and lunch every day (elusive time)!
holls is offline   Reply With Quote