Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 07:37 PM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, it's been a crazy couple of days! Right after I posted yesterday AM, someone came by my cube and said "the FDA just walked in the door!" Oh Crap!! Thank God one of my instructor's was in the office for a class, because there's no way I could answer questions on behalf of my department (Training). Long story short, my boss changed her flight plans (she was headed to another office to teach) and came up yesterday afternoon. If anyone remembers the history, I can't stand my boss, she's an overbearing, southern diva business woman that can BS her way through just about anything. She's a micro-manager, and I've come thisclose I don't know how many time, from quitting. Anyway, I've been dealing with non-stop action since yesterday AM. I feel like I've been dealing with her for a week, and it's only been since 8:30 this AM!! Originally the FDA was only supposed to be here Tues-Thurs, but now there's gonna be here all next week too! We were kind of expecting it, because one of our monitor's reported a fraudulent site, but we didn't think it would be for at least another month.

I'm exhausted, going to bed in a bit. Hope all is well with everyone!!
Old 08-01-2002, 04:53 AM   #17  

Hi everyone!

I think I finally found out what makes me plateuing. I did a calculation yesterday, and it turns out that I have to eat about 1400 KC (I'm not very much overweight, only about 15 pounds) and keep my training hrs daily in mind. Also, gotta quit the now-and-then booze (oops!). I have been training well though, and it shows (clothes and am lots firmer, cellulite =going because I quit coffee and coke almost completely, too) so I guess I have downed my % in fatty tissue (YEAH!) but not the kilo's overall. I think it's a good start though. Means that I'm eating right, at least. Now I am gonna down the cals slightly (400 less/day) and see what's going to happen.
Am off again for the weekend (again, sorry), my sis is leaving on sunday. I'm also having a friend's son from Serbia at the house for the time being, he's just turned 16 and about 198cm tall (6' 7" and still growing) (pro basketball), so I've turned mommy but I can't get myself heard (yesterday I was asked for a joke when I would start to grow, I'm 5'3"), he's very nice though and very adult and serious for his age (being bombed for months probably does that to you, must have been awful). he's a very nice boy, and it's also good for my Serbian, as he speaks almost no English yet...I am praying he'll find a job as Pro basketball player here, his mom's here too and anyway, things in Serbia are still way out of normal (10 years now).

Lauren, is the baby reacting to the flashlight yet????? Pity that the FDA should turn up just now! Here it's worse, they turn up all the time, and because everyone just knows (!) they will look and find whatever and the company/shop whatever will be fined BIG TIME, they get paid cash (in other countries this is called plain blackmail), about 20% of the fine and then scram to find another victim...

Rabbit, just try to eat something before you go to bed, it usually helps to cut night-time cravings. Sometimes I just can't sleep if I eat too early before going to bed (1 1/2 hrs before or more) some milk or crackers usually do the trick for me, especially when I drink extra water with them. Good luck with the weigh-in today!

Scuttle, Can I go with you? I've never been to Japan...At least you won't have any problems with the food, all comparatively lean and soo expensive that you chew every bite 1000 times to make the most of it! Have fun and welcome back!Work's a drag anywhere by the way, I live in Greece, wanna swap?

Elisa, 1/2 pound good for you! keep up the good work! I think I actually found out what made me plateau all the time (see above)

Lauren, is the baby reacting to the flashlight yet?????

Bye for today, love to all

Vassiliki (slightly depressed still as completely and utterly broke) from Athens

Today's saying: At the end of my money, there's always a piece of the month left to go....
Old 08-01-2002, 12:27 PM   #18  

hello all.

Weigh in is tonight - don't think I've lost - but I'm back on track and have been op all week. Leaving again this weekend so have to keep up my good habits.

Lauren - sorry about the stress at work. Hope it's better today!

Greek - Yeah for figuring out your plateau! You are very close to your goal weight. ~ Enjoy your houseguests! ~ Thanks for the good luck wishes. ~ Sorry you are so broke!

RR - How is the ? Still kicking away?

Hello to everyone else.

Rabbit
Old 08-01-2002, 11:57 PM   #19  

Hi all,

Lauren, Sorry about the FDA, I am sure that is very stressful! Just take deep breaths and remember that they will be gone soon.

Greek Girl, I have problems with the booze as well. I keep trying to figure out how I fan count wine as fruit.

We just got back from WW. I was down 1.6 and DH 3.2 It feels good to be back on track.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:18 AM   #20  

Hi guys, FRIDAY DAY! Yeah!

Anyway, started the day well: arrived at the office, where a nice Greek American male colleague had made Chocolate muffins, REALLY good ones. he offered me one.... Rather than saying no, I took it and then.....Ate 1/4 of it and threw the rest away (oh waste). Had both the taste AND the satisfaction that way, hah.
Am very satisfied up to now with myself (but it is only 10.13).
It's these little "wins" that keep me positive.

10.18 Oops, just got a Turkish delight, too....How am I going to get out of THIS one?

Check out this site www.stumptuous.com, very funny and wry, good food tips, too (gung ho on weight lifting, but I like that)

Love you all (think a love smiley with this), Vassiliki
Old 08-02-2002, 08:30 AM   #21  

I have to share this with you: I was looking around a bit on the net today and came across pro-ana sites. Ever heard of them? they're sites that, believe it or not, are written by and actively support anorexics and bulemics to continue their lifestyle and to starve themselves to death if they have to to become thin (but never thin enough). Complete with pictures of skeletal (teen) girls and women, tips on how to starve yourself so nobody notices etc.

Pray for them, please.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:32 AM   #22  

Sorry for the sad entry, I'm really shocked. I'm obliged to say that everybody must live as they wish, but it still makes me sad.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:50 AM   #23  
Donna

Hello all,

I know I said I'd be back more this week, but here it is Friday and I haven't posted. Working w/o a/c is a killer, I come home completely drained. But at least I'm enjoying myself . We went to WW on Tuesday and I was down 2.2, wish it had been at least the 3 lbs I'd gained 2 weeks before, but I'll take it. We've gotta go grocery shopping today, the fridge has been empty for a while, but I've been picking up extra hours at work so.... My sister had her baby yesterday (her water broke before 9am Wed but the babe wasn't born until 2:02am Thursday ). We went out to visit last night, he's cute and she's really happy.

RR - hope you're vacations going well.

LBH - sorry about the stress at work, if it's not one thing it's another!!!

Backfor - when you figure out about that wine let me know!!

Greek - Good luck cutting back on the calories. It is sad about the website .

Rabbit - How did the WI go??? Good luck on being out of town this weekend.

Debbie - Hope this week's going better than last.

Elise - congrats on getting all settled in. Like I said before we may be done in 2025

Scuttle - welcome back.

Well gotta go make that shopping list.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!!!!

- Tech
Old 08-02-2002, 09:40 PM   #24  

hi all.

I love the new smilies - can't you tell? Anyway, I lost 1.5 last night! Hooray.

Nanci - congrats on your loss!

Greek - you're right, that is so sad. I heard those sites referred to on a tv show once, sorry to learn it is true.

Tech - congrats on your loss! And congrats Auntie on the new little one.

gotta run all - see you in 13 days!

Rabbit
Old 08-02-2002, 09:59 PM   #25  

Happy Friday!

Rabbit, Congrats on the loss that is great. We will miss you for 13days.

Greek Girl, Way to go on the chocolate muffin!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Closed Thread