Hoping this will help

• Hi there! I'm brand new here and wanted to say hi. I just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago and while I've been working at chipping away at this weight since March, I'm recommitting myself to it today because I want my 30's to be my best decade yet! I'm hoping that joining in a community where I can connect with others who share my struggles will be helpful and keep me on track.

I am 5' 2" and at my heaviest I weighed 238. I am down to 196 today with the help of WW online, a good friend's support, and regular exercise. Now that the weather is changing (I'm in Northern Minnesota where it has been FREEZING!) I'm finding it much harder to get out and move! What do you do to stay motivated in the winter? I just want to curl up on the couch and sleep!

I'm hoping to lose another 15 by the end of the year and my ultimate goal is 135 lbs.
    I'm excited to get to know you
  • Hello and welcome!

Congrats on your weightloss thus far. You are doing great!

During the Winter I plan on working out to dvd's. I have Slim In 6, and Power90. Both of them are great! I would suggest getting any workout dvd or show and do that. I also go to the gym. Do you go to the gym? Is that an option for you?
  • Thanks Jackie
    I only have the 30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels. It's been great but I get kinda bored with it.
    I would love to join a gym. Maybe I should do that at least for the winter. I've been doing the Couch to 5K running program but can't continue doing that outside for awhile. Do you run on a treadmill? I am afraid it would get really boring.
  • I run outside even in winter, although minnesota is much more wintery than where I am. Other than glare ice, running outside even in winter is not too bad once you get used to it. A sidewalk with 2-3 inches of fresh powder is nice and cushy to run on. You just go slower. In deeper snow go for a power walk, you will burn major calories pushing, climbing and struggling through the snow.

I will also run on a treadmill if worst comes to worst. And I am a running fanatic. Watching tv helps, I save my favorite shows for then.

Winter is usually better for me than summer. I work out more in summer, but I also eat more. Whaddayamean I have to limit my portions of fresh corn and watermelon? BAH. Plus the kids are home.