Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Weds. 10/16

Morning all!

Well, DD needs sinus surgery. The dr. recommended allergy shots (she had 5 years worth), and allergy meds (nasonex, singulair- done that too), tonsils out (she did that 3 years ago) and antibiotics (she's had three rounds since august) Since she has had all of that before and there is nothing left to try then surgery is needed to open up the sinus's and let them drain. She has surgery on Tuesday.

I am worried but if it helps her get relief then they can't do it fast enough. Poor kid has been through the ringer.

I am still sore from my bootcamp and am going back today. No pain no gain, right? lol

I've made some good choices. Yesterday DD had a carmel chocolate bar, ya know the ones with carmel dripping out of them... boy did I want a bite. No! I resisted. We also stopped by Arbys for supper. I had a roast beef and baked potato. I used 1 of my WPA but it was counted. I really "wanted" to eat late last night but wasn't hungry so I didn't.

It is easier to make better choices knowing that I have a exercise class I am commited to. I don't want to blow the hard work I have put in.

That's it from me today.

How is everyone else doing?
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #2  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey, Beth,
My son has similar issues. He complains of headaches, itchy eyes, congestion, and he is taking Nasonex right now. Hope the surgery works for her. I know it's hard. My son also has had surgery for his eyes.

Good job with the exercise! I did my workout yesterday. I guess I need to do some today, too. I'm just so tired.

I still have a little bit of a sore throat today. Zicam really works! (not the nasal spray, use the pills). It's raining, and I really want to go back to bed, but I just made some coffee.

Hello to everyone else! Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by theCandEs; 10-14-2009 at 09:43 AM.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Beth - sorry to hear that DD has to have surgery. Poor little one! Let us know when it is and those that pray, will.

Candes - Yes, nice day to crawl back in bed, overcast and rainy/cold here in NE. But coffee will have to do.

Wednesday here at the Morton Crazy House. Baby Boy didn't sleep worth a crap again - but what else is new? I think this is a test - hope I pass. If he was my first and only I would gladly hold him and nurse him 24/7...but he has 3 older brothers/sisters and 2 daycare kids that share his Mommy. Sigh...guilt, guilt, guilt.

Breakfast burritos this morning, grilled ham and cheese for lunch, and something with chicken breasts for supper - haven't gotten that far in my mind quite yet. No exercise for me today. Congrats to all on your endeavors. Till I can string together more than 3-4 hours of sleep on a regular basis, it's enough exercise to just be alive!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

I made the Hungry Girl lasagna recipe last night (doubled plus some, so one loaf pan sized lasagna for me, and one loaf pan sized with meat and and an extra layer of everything for the hubs) and it's in the fridge waiting to be baked tonight. I'm excited! The nice thing about lasagna, too (like making sushi) is that no matter what it ends up looking like, it always tastes good and you eat the evidence of your inability to make an attractive lasagna (or sushi roll). You really can't go too wrong with Italian flavors I think. Tomato sauce, cheese, pasta, Italian seasonings -- pretty much any combination of those things is going to taste pretty good. This lasagna used eggplant. I've never used eggplant before, nor do I think I've ever eaten it. It had such a funny feel to it. Like styrofoam or a Tempurpedic mattress. I hope it turns out well and that I like eggplant. I figure that I can always pull she slices out if I don't. And eggplant is such a BEAUTIFUL purple color!

I went to mix my tuna last night for todays lunch and discovered that I had purchased tuna packed in vegetable oil. Yuck! It was so gross! (I blame the hubs for that. We were grocery shopping together and were having some sort of stupid passive-aggressive argument over pasta sauce or some such nonsense so I didn't double check the tuna that he handed me as I threw it -- passive-aggressively -- into the cart.) Anyway, it was too late to come up with anything else to make for today so I'm going to walk to the Subway and get a Buffalo Ranch sub. I had one over the weekend and it was very good!

That's it for me. Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Last edited by Rebound; 10-14-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #5  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

*sing song voice* I'm off work for a week! well, except for friday morning because I have to do payroll. But still, thats 7 days alllll tooooo myself (and my son). I did cardio last night, but only for about 40 minutes, the cardio room at the gym was insanely busy. I hate fishing season, all the fishermen and processors come to town and crowd us locals out.

On todays agenda is grocery shopping, house cleaning, facebooking, cardiolizing, and then the TV station here is filming a sci-fi movie starring my son so he has to shoot some scenes.

Hope everybody has a great day! OMG REBOUND! I so want sushi and lasagna now!
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #6  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon 30's!! Sounds like quite the day! Surgeries and babies and bootcamps and lasagna!
I hope you all had a good day!
I am still at work and have boycotted marking as I have a board meeting and then a nightclass. Made it to the gym this a.m. and managed to figure out I need to cut 288 calories a day if I want to lose 30 pounds by 2010. I hate deadlines though, so I'm going to start with cutting the sugar from my coffee and see how that goes. It went all right today, no sugar. We'll see tomorrow.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote