30 Somethings Daily Chat Monday 10/12

• Morning Chicks!

Just starting the daily. I'm not a very good chatter, nor dieter this weekend. I see we were all to busy to start a weekend chat.

Still struggling with baby sleep issues. Took him to the MD on Friday and he has a mild ear infection in one ear. Likely he had it all week and it was on the mend by the time I took him. He's 5 months old and I've tried everything (but formula) to get him to sleep longer. The dude can be in a rice cereal COMA at 9pm and still get up at midnight to eat. He weighed just shy of 18lbs at the doc so I know he's getting enough to eat.

I'm pretty discouraged right now. I am so exhausted that I can't fathom any exercise and I'm nursing so much that I'm HUNGRY. To be honest, I've eaten when and how much I've wanted this last week.

Yesterday we did NOT have fast food - which was a real victory since we normally run all day on Sunday and end up with "out to eat" for 2/3 meals. This morning I got some breakfast down before everyone else got up - another step in the right direction. Normally I don't get to eat til 11 or noon and then I eat everything in SIGHT.

So, that's me today. Started potty training our 2 year old and it's going pretty good. She's dry about half the time. The older kids are really encouraging her and I think she's ready.

Huggs to all!! Happy Monday!
    Andrea
  • Morning all!

I am starting today as a new day. I have reset my weight tracker and changed my quote. I have really been struggling, yet again, and I feel like I have climbed out of an abyss. I want to be under 200 and yet I sabatoge myself daily, sometimes several times a day.

Today I am journaling every bite that goes into my mouth. I am starting a new excercise program (something I haven't done before!) AND in November I am going to go to the community center with my friend, which will put me up to 5 days a week exercising. I am also participating in the Susan G. Komen 5 k run (gonna walk) Sat. the 24th and I am signing up for the Buddy's BBQ 5 k run that is November the 15th.

It's kinda funny that I have been really struggling and yesterday at church the pastor mentioned the quote that if you always do what you've always done, you always get what you always got.. well, I thought... DOI... that was for me for sure. If I want to get 16lbs off then I need to work my butt off to reach that goal. Right now I am half hearted doing things and not exercising which is what I've always done. Today I am changing that. No more doing what I have been doing, obviously it hasn't been working. Once I reach that 199 goal, then I will reset my goal weight and see how far I want to go.

Ya'll have a great day.

And thanks for the support. I really need it some days.
  • MAN was it hard to get up this morning in time to exercise... But I did, and I'm very proud of myself. I Shredded and then took the pups out for their morning walk.

The hubs and I are planning a vacation. We've only ever taken ONE real vacation since we got married, and it was our belated honeymoon 18 months after we tied the knot. We go to conferences and to visit family, but that doesn't count as vacation -- we want to go away ALONE to somewhere NOT WORK RELATED and DO THINGS. We are excited. I think we're going to go to Vegas. We aren't gamblers, but we love shows and museums and I've always wanted to see the Hoover Dam. Anyway, I'm already thinking about how I'll eat when we go!

Yoga has been a lot of fun. I'm going twice a week and it is a nice change of pace. I don't burn a ton of calories (according to my GWF) but I like the stretching. I do enough cardio and strength training -- it's nice to do more relaxed stretching and static strength and ab work.

pixie -- congrats on the lack of fast food

squeak -- have fun on your 5k's!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • Had a terrible weekend, needless to say, I may never drink again so I won't have to worry about those calories. I'm off work from the 14th-21st, just taking some time to myself at home, my son's 8th birthday is the 18th and I usually take time off around this time of year to get ready for our long, cold, dark winter. So, with a whole week off work, I should be at the gym everyday twice a day right? hahahaaa, we'll see.

MP: Wow, I can't believe the rice coma doesn't work! I am at a loss for what to do next, besides let him cry it out? Of course, I could never do that, the baby cry grated on my nerves too much and I'd have to go and get him. Being a Mom truely is the toughest most demanding job out there.

Squeak: I like that quote from your Pastor, very true, hits home for sure.

Rebound: Vegas is soooo much fun! My boyfriend and I went there last year for my birthday, he tried to con me into marrying him but I held out...lol! I also lost weight while I was there surprisingly. There was so much to do and the buffets all had nice sea food and salads so I ate very well, and healthy. I wore my pedometer while I was there and was easily going over 10,000 steps a day.
  • Hello, all!
    MP -- sorry about the baby sleeping issues! Good for you for getting some breakfast. That should help you feel better.

Squeak -- love the new quote! I could use that advice, too.

Rebound -- I used to live in Vegas when I was little. My dad was in the Air Force and stationed at Nellis. I would love to go back as an adult and see everything again.

Mango -- sorry about the bad weekend.

Me? Well, I am doing great with my IE (intuitive eating). I went to dinner at my parents house this weekend and I didn't overeat! I had a very nice time visiting, too.
    I need to go to the store for groceries. I guess I should get my butt off the computer!
  • Hi Ladies!

While I had fallen off the wagon, I am fully and confidently back on it! I am only eating when I am hungry and make certain to choose healthy foods. Which is not that hard when it's all I keep in the house!!