Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Big 'ole update from me :)

It's been a little -- ok, a LOT crazy lately... It seems like every weekend for the last month has been SOMETHING unusual. Guests in. Weddings. Weekends away. Then last week I was so sick! It was just a bad cold (no fever, so no flu, right?) but I couldn't do ANYTHING. I actually managed to not go too overboard with food, but I wasn't being active at all, and I wasn't counting or planning like I should because I felt so crappy. I've never seen such low numbers on my GoWear Fit. And then Thursday night I had a too-big late dinner of pizza! Ugg.

Anyway, so for the last three weeks or so I've only lost about a half a pound a week. Which is great and I'm not complaining -- I knew why (easting more than usual, exercising less than usual), so I knew it wasn't a plateau, plus I was still losing, it was just slow. But I'm so close to being half way to my goal... I'm SO close to getting to 184 which would be losing 40 pounds and I wanted to reach that point just for me. But there I was: 188.2, 187.8, 187.4...

But I finally started feeling better on Friday. I was very active Saturday and Sunday even though I didn't do much technical "exercise." I was home again and eating smart. This morning I was finally able to get up at my usual early time and Shred and go for my 2.5 mile walk. And now I'm seeing 184.4 on the scale. It's not official yet, but I would be SO thrilled to get to 184.0 this week (Friday weigh in).

After a few sloppy weeks I am feeling great. I finally went grocery shopping so I'm ready for breakfasts and lunches. I've restocked the freezer and written out my evening meal plans for the rest of the week so I'm ready for dinners. It just feels so good to be on track again.

And I realized something else this morning that feels kind of good. It's enjoyable to get dressed again. Today I'm wearing a smaller pair of size 14 jeans and a striped button down under a fitted camel colored wool sweater. Everything buttoned, nothing is pulling or straining and choosing my clothing was fun.

I'm feeling very fortunate right now. I'm in a great place where I both feel great about how I look AND am inspired to keep losing. I'm both comfortable AND motivated and it feels SPECTACULAR.

So since I've been AWOL for a bit I thought I'd post something with my current status and observations. And what I've learned in the past few weeks is this: 1) A few days of off-plan eating won't do any permanent damage providing that you get right back on plan afterwards, and 2) Not feeling up to working out does not mean you have to gain as long as you adjust your calories down, and 3) Try to enjoy both where you are as well as look forward to where you will be going -- enjoy your journey!

Anyway, thanks as ever for all the support and if I hit 184 on Friday I'll be singing it from the rafters!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote