Old 10-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #1  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Default 30 Something Daily Chat 10/06

Mortonpixie must be really busy, she didn't start the daily thread this AM. Hope she is okay.

I have a good day ahead of me. I get to vote in our local election for my two homeboys that are running for city council seats...new blood, we needs it. Then, I get to do cardio for two hours. Is it sick that that excites me? I have an hour between end of the work day and when I have to pick my son up at his new after school program. Then my mom is going to come to my zumba class with me, which makes me happy because I want her to lose weight.

For the first time in 8 years of single parenthood I enrolled my son in an after school child care program. He asked for it, literally. I've been a working single mom since day one and have always found a way to keep him at home or with family so this is very different for us. Plus, the childcare center is at the gym I go to so I can leave work and have an hour to work out before he needs to be signed out. Yesterday was his first day, and he loved it. The center has a focus on physical activity, since its at a gym...lol. He was dead tired by the time we got home last night, did his homework, ate and went to bed on his own before 8:30pm, niiiiice.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #2  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Day Mango!
What's a zumba class? I like the sounds of it. literally. I'll look it up. I had a great day yesterday but I did no working out. I'm super happy for you that your'e all about the cardio for two hours. That's amazing! I think I will go for a swim after school... The indoor soccer doesn't start up until the end of October so I'm always so lazy and slothlike inbetween seasons...
And BTW , I rather like your style of eating Nachos without all the ceremony. Sounds very freeing. haha
Have a good day voting! I always get a little weird around election times. I get so overly opinionated about national stuff when it's the closer-to-home things that should be more important to me. Okay I'm writing and blathering on now. Have a great day and to anyone else who checks in!
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #3  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Hello, Mango and Tam,
It's getting late in the day here. I will have to look up zumba, too. lol
Mango, I have a nine year old son. We have done after-school care a bit, and he didn't mind. They made him do his homework there so he didn't have to do it at home. I suppose if I ever find a job, he will have to go more often.

I felt very productive today. Did the grocery shopping for the week. Came home and cooked some of the stuff I bought. I guess I was in a "make-ahead" mood. My freezer is my friend.

Hope everyone else has a great day, or has had a great day!
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! They are doing a yoga class in my building on campus and I'm signing up! I'm super excited but a little nervous. I've never done yoga before although I've always wanted to try it out...
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #5  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

I would like to try it, too. Let us know how it goes.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote