Old 09-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #1  

Default Biggest Loser

We need a Biggest Loser chat....

Do you find the show motivating?
milesofsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

I do but haven't watched the past couple of seasons. We don't have TV at our house as a personal choice. However I miss this show. Although I found it kinda ironic to be sitting in front of the TV, probably having a snack of some sort while watching someone else bust their butt to lose weight lol Finally I would hope on the elliptical to watch just to feel more "involved".
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

I do when I watch it but don't watch too much tv. I really like the BL workout dvds. I am hoping to use them at work in a few weeks. A couple of us ladies will bring in dvds and exercise in the gym after school. It's a great way to stay motivated when you exercise with friends.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/145/135

Height: 5'7"

Default love BL

Yep I love BL!! I recently got into the last two seasons; especially found these last few seasons very motivating. I loved Michelle, Tara, and even Helen. Since I don't have access to US tv (I live overseas) I now get it from itunes!! The new season is available and I am all over it. BL has really helped me during my weightloss journey. I watch the people and think if they are working this hard, if they can do this so can I! I love seeing the finales. It also got me hooked on Jillian, I found that she has a weekly radio show (which also can be downloaded from itunes - and its free!).

I have BL wkouts and Jillian wkouts - she is much tougher, but they are both good.

Love it love it!! Since the season just started, I don't know any of them really well, but I am rooting for Abby; she seems really sweet and her attitude is uplifting. I really do find the show inspirational - Jillian's philosophy (and Bob's) is more than just the weightloss...its about breaking those barriers, the negative self talk, and living your best life...doing what you put your mind to...and reaching your life and health goals... I think its great.

Christina
germangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/178/164

Height: 5'8"

I looooove the Biggest Loser!! I've tried Jillians 30 day shred and felt like I was dying!! I think I'll try it again after about 20 pounds gone....I love both Jillian and Bob, they are both brutal in their own ways!!
Lots2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #6  

I am kinda excited about Biggest Loser this season b/c I just got an elliptical trainer and this season I plan to workout while watching. I used to eat my dinner while watching that was no fun.

This early on it's hard to like contestants, so I am still up in the air.... we'll see!
milesofsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesofsmiles View Post
We need a Biggest Loser chat....

Do you find the show motivating?

I do find it very motovating. I love sitting down after working out to watch it. I love how the trainers kick the players butts, and wish i had enough umph to have someone do that to me.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #8  

I've watched BL since the very first season. It's one of the few shows that I actually sit down to watch these days.

I was very happy to see Daniel back for this season! He was one of my favorites from last season. I was hoping to see Max, Mike's brother on this season but from what I hear he went to that spa that Mike won during one of the challenges ... and has lot a considerable amt of weight from it. GOOD FOR HIM!

The only complaint I have for this season so far ... and it actually made me turn off the tv for the first time during the show in ALL of these seasons was Jillian. Now I know she is a hard nosed, tough trainer ... and I respect her for that. She really pushes you. But the language coming out of her mouth this season I didn't feel was appropriate. Calling one of the men her " b " and using the F word continuously ...

Now I know that maybe that talk is a motivator for some people ( not me ) but is it really necessary for TV? I know it pulls in the ratings, especially after Bob's big blow up last season ... but I just feel like they are taking a good decent show ... and puffing it up where ever they can for ratings. The past two seasons it was filled with all the " fake " conversations about products there were promoting. You could tell it was all set up ... and now this season we have the foul language being thrown around left n right. Am I the only one that is disappointed in this?
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesofsmiles View Post
I am kinda excited about Biggest Loser this season b/c I just got an elliptical trainer and this season I plan to workout while watching. I used to eat my dinner while watching that was no fun.

This early on it's hard to like contestants, so I am still up in the air.... we'll see!
Yes its very early to get a good opinion on the contestants ... I'm with you on that! So far though I have to say I'm still a Daniel fan from last season ... and Abby oh boy ... her story made me cry ... how AWFUL!!
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

The hubby, kids and I are always big fans. I've been the only one heavy and I was the biggest (no pun intended) motivator to get dinner done so we could watch. Last season, I was really excited because I was losing every week, too. I was right with them. It was very exciting. Now, my 10 year old can lift me.

I'll even say the other day when I was drugged up on muscle relaxers from the ER and my husband had to carry me. There was a tiny little sober me inside saying "woohoo, I'm skinny enough to be carried".

Anyway, I'm NOT a fan of swearing or the ridiculous behavior. They have been successful with fans because it has been a family show. But even my 10 yr old said its just not fun yet. He went to read. READ, I say. The 8 yr old is not quite willing to stop any low-brow tv for reading but I'll turn it off before we hear ****'s Kitchen language out of everyone.

We're giving it more time. But they need to know who's their audience. Anyone call a sponsor yet? That turkey company or gum?
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #11  

I love BL, I find it inspiring. I just start the 30 day shred and every time I got tired and whiney I think of the people on there who push and push and if they can do it so can I! I made it through the first time without stopping...LOL I guess that is a good sign!
TinaMarie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #12  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

I really can't stand it. I watched a few episodes here and there when it was on and I couldn't get past the cringe-worthiness of it. I'm happy they decided to lose the weight, but I can't get past the embarrassment of watching someone cry on a treadmill. I watched one part of an episode where Bob is cussing someone out because they couldn't do a 30-second run on a treadmill. It was pretty crappy, IMO.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote