Old 08-27-2009, 01:25 AM   #1  
Keep on Swimming!

S/C/G: 293/See Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5'6"

Default Open House for my kids.

Tomorrow (well today now, it's after 12) is Open House where the parents get to meet all the teachers and other students and I am nervous.

Instead of being excited about seeing what my children do through out the day and with whom they spend a lot of their time, I am worrying.

I am worried that my children are going to get teased about having a "Fat" Mom. I don't want them to be teased. I don't want them to be embarrassed of me either.
I actually went out today and bought what I thought was a "slimming outfit" to wear tomorrow night.

This right here is one of the reasons why I chose to change my life. I want to be healthy so that I am around to watch my children grow but also because I don't want them to be embarrassed to be around me.

Sorry, just needed to get that out. Thanks for reading!
Nursie2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:21 AM   #2  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

You're not alone in that motivation. My son is a huge part of my reason for doing this. Kids are so mean in teasing each other, and I've seen my friend's kids get hurt by their mom being called fat. My son is 5, and to him I'm the best mom in the world. I know that it won't always stay that way, and I know I'll make him mad (already do!) and embarrass him in the future. I can't change the fact that I'm an "old" mom compared to most. But, I can do everything in my power to make certain that he still thinks I look like a princess when I'm fixed up! Also, as I've lost weight I have a lot more energy to go do things with him and my husband. They both love it!

Also, as a result of dieting my son has learned a huge amount about healthy eating and has great eating habits for a kindergarten age child. Also, one of my dogs has lost a lot of weight. I put him on a diet too!

That being said, you are who you are - and your kids love you. Use these emotions to drive you - don't hold back because of the risk of embarrassment. I think it's even more embarrassing for a child for their parent not to be there. If there are any situations, just remind yourself that you are doing everything you can to make certain that in the future you won't feel that way!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

OH, I so remember these feelings. I wasnt much heavier than I am now when our 11 year old started Kindergarten. We had an outdoor carnival at the school that year and I was so hot and hated walking around.
I recently wrote about feeling like the "fat mom" in my blog if you're interested

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs...y-girl-habits/

Big hugs for you!!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 08-27-2009 at 11:07 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote