Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: "Hump Day" 08/26

Mornin' everyone!

I wonder where everyone's at these days? Are we actually having summer this week?

I found this line in a post about weight loss and I thought I'd share...it's pretty funny. Not sure if it's off this site or not, but someone had posted it in another forum.

When I first started, I told myself that the empty hungry feeling was just my fat cells crying and dying dead away - made me smile a bit at the thought that they were hurting and leaving me.

Anyways....just thought I'd say hello and hope this gives someone else a chuckle today!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #2  

Too funny! I am just gonna jump right in and join the convo. I need group talk etc to help me thru....

Maybe I am avoiding getting dressed for work though, I am at the point were all my clothes in the closet (and surrounding areas) are snug.... the closet ranges from size 14 to size 18. I refuse to buy new clothes. SO getting dressed for work is the crappiest part of the day, I am in full on avoidance right now. You ever get that feeling?
milesofsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for sharing that, Wifey! I'm totally going to adopt that!!

Well, I haven't been doing all that great this week. I wrote down my food for Sunday and Monday, but yesterday I didn't. I started new today. Monday I weighed and haven't lost a thing. At least I didn't gain.

I had my first physical therapy session yesterday for my back. I'm very sore today. I woke up in night last night and had to take some Vicodin. I did my stretching this morning and the exercises that they gave me at PT, but still had to take a Vicodin this morning. I am taking ibuprofen 800 every 8 hours too. I've heard that sometimes it gets worse before it gets better with PT. Sigh...

We had oatmeal for breakfast, roast beef sandwiches and veggies are lunch, and I will likely make a chicken/rice/veggie casserole for dinner. I'm happy that we are picking up our big monthly haul of groceries on Saturday. The freezer is getting pretty bare. Anybody interested in discount groceries check out www.angelfoodministries.com It is a nation wide USA thing, so it just might be available in your area.

Happy Humpday!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

It is very true that you hurt to get better in PT. I hope you get on the upswing soon. Did you hear a panel at the FDA wants to ban Vicodin & Percocet?? Those lousy *******s! I would have DIED without Percocet after my c-sections! They are claiming nobody needs drugs that strong & even otc Advil/Tylenol are too strong. I really hope this report is shoved quietly & quickly under the carpet to be ignored.

I've posted this elsewhere but will here too....
I did not get anything at the movie theater last night. (I was afraid of going hogwild with popcorn & candy) However at dinner I ordered a slice of chocolate cake for dessert. UGH I got 1/3 the way through it and just couldn't stomach anymore. As the movie progressed I kept feel worse & worse. By the end my stomach was in knots and I had a raging headache. I think it was the combo of the carbs & sugar that really threw my body for a loop. I'll not be making that mistake again.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #5  

Props for not getting anything at the movie theater--- that is a tough one for me. The only thing stopping me is the insanely large price tat that comes with the popcorn.

UN-- love the fast food tracker--- GOOD JOB!!
milesofsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Wifey I like that it is so true. LOL

Miles of smiles- Yep I have that issue as well, I Have lost almost 20 pounds and still can't get into my jeans. I am tired of wearing the stretch band pants no button no zipper. But I keep thinking one day at a time I will get there.

Morton- you do hurt in Pt been there done that.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #7  

Wifey that was the best thing I have heard all day!

It's been tough this week. The boss had a birthday, of course they had cake. Then my co-workers hubby and son both had a birthday, can we say CAKE. And not just cake but from a glorious bakery. UGH!!! It was so good but so NOT worth it.

Dh is talking about starting a low carb diet and wants me to join him. It's something I have never done before so I am researching it. I work with a lady that lost almost 90lbs on a low carb diet last year. She looks great and even stopped diabetes in it's tracks. (She was taking meds every day but now requires no meds at all) I have talked with her some and she gave me some great pointers. Even if I don't decide to follow it then I can pass those pointers on to DH.

I plan to start back exercising tomorrow. I am starting to feel a little better but still tired. This sinus infection has really gotten the best of me. I hope not to have to deal with this ever again. (I can dream, right?)

Wifey didn't you just get back from vacation? Did you take another one?

Miles of smiles- Same issue here. I have so many clothes that I can't wear because I am too big for them but I REFUSE to buy more. I hate getting dressed too and tend to wear the same things all the time.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #8  

Squeak351- think hard about the low carb diet. I have seen it work well for many (my husband is down 45lbs in a years) but from personal experience....the weight comes off fast but goes back on faster. Your body adapts to the no carb life and when you start to add them back it isn't pretty. Perhaps you are someone that can live forever without carbs - I'm not! I started LA Weight Loss recently and that seems to work well with my husbands Low Carb diet. I can make one meal at night and we all are happy. Good luck in your quest.

Miles of Smiles - I am right there with you, luckily I am a nurse so scrubs can stretch because nothing else fits...maybe in 20 lbs
Lisa Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Glad to see that you guys enjoyed that...made me LOL at work yesterday!

I've been having a few mini-vacations here and there. Went to NYC the beginning of the month and then went up north to visit my family last weekend. Just quickie trips...nothing TOO exciting!

I hear everyone on the CAKE and everything else. Last weekend I ate pizza, fries, mini-desserts and a bagel sandwich! It was SO not a good food weekend! I told myself that I would try to cut out sugar for 7 days...ummmm it hasn't happened yet! No willpower so far this week! UGH!

NO MORE SUGAR (that isn't natural) starting now!

We did win our softball game last night 18-10. It's only our 3rd win of the season and I had a great workout!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote