3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings Daily Chat: Thursday 8/20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/179650-30-somethings-daily-chat-thursday-8-20-a.html)

Rebound 08-20-2009 11:09 AM

30 Somethings Daily Chat: Thursday 8/20

I passed my first test of the day (hopefully!). I did NOT eat any of the muffins that I found in the office this morning when I went in to ask about a reimbursement check. I marched my a$$ back out to my desk and ate my yogurt. Sure, I may have been pretending that it was a nice sweet thick rich muffin, but I didn't actually EAT any of the muffin.

Yesterday was good and I'm going to try and put together another good day today. My weigh in is tomorrow morning and if my body doesn't do anything crazy overnight, I think I'm looking at a biggie! *fingers crossed*

I've eaten most of my breakfast and I have a super yummy lunch in the fridge. I did level 3 shred this morning and it was brutal. I think that day 2 and 3 are the worst when you start a new level. On day 1 the new exercises kind of sneak up on you so the new muscles don't have time to complain. Then on day 2 and 3 the new sore muscles rear their ugly heads, then by day 4 or 5 and later the new muscles have been beaten into submission and ache no more than the usual amount!

Dinner is going to be chicken with some sort of sauce and/or seasoning with baked sweet potatoes. Sliced fresh strawberries and some reddi whip to finish everything off. I don't like to do anything fancy on Thursday nights so as to not screw up my Friday morning weigh in.

I hope everyone has a EXTRAORDINARY day!

BlueFruitMomma 08-20-2009 11:32 AM

Feeling pretty positive today. I'm putting in some extra workout time to de-stress. (MIL cancer). No problems with binging today so far, but it usually doesn't hit until after noon anyways. I'll check in later.

Oh, progress report. I have to bike 2 miles an hour faster now to get my heart rate up to target from when I started. I haven't checked for progress on my resting heart rate. My hips and thighs are measuring 1/2" less. I'm down 4-7 lbs. It's hard to tell how much fat I've lost right now, as it's been hot and water weight is trickish. . . But, I feel good about this. I'm regularly measuring smaller, but my weight hasn't changed to much, so this is good for body fat percentage change. Yay me!

:broc:

Rebound 08-20-2009 11:35 AM

Stick with it, BlueFriut! I'm very proud of yourself and remember, sacrificing your health doesn't do anyone else any good -- it just makes you weaker and less able to help your family :)

My wishes and thoughts are with you and your family.

:) :) :) :) :)

willa 08-20-2009 11:37 AM

Hello everyone!

Hope you all have a nice day <3

ThickAZChick 08-20-2009 11:37 AM

Yay for Rebound! One tip I read on here somewhere in a thread here (one gets lost VERY easy) is to drink a cup of hot tea. I thought yeah right...this entire week I make sure I have a cup ready before I log into my computer...IT WORKS! I have not had ONE craving at work. I chose Peppermint and Green Tea w/ Pomegranate. I don't use any sweeteners but I'm sure a little sugar and fat free creamer might be nice. Supposedly hot drinks help your stomach feel full for a longer period of time.

I am off to search for the Shred workouts...I have read alot of good things. I think I am ready to move up to the next level of my "fitness"! :) Happy Thursday!

Rebound 08-20-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThickAZChick (Post 2885254)
I am off to search for the Shred workouts...I have read alot of good things. I think I am ready to move up to the next level of my "fitness"! :) Happy Thursday!

Thanks!! *blush*

There's a huge thread in the Fitness Video section. I HIGHLY recommend the shred and am myself just beginning level three.

When I finally lose the fat that's covering them, there are going so be some sweet muscles under there that will finally actually see the light of day! (I hope!!)

UniquelyNormal 08-20-2009 01:26 PM

I had a really hard morning, a little depressive, but I'm back to feeling positive. It really helped to blog about it and then I went shopping instead of sitting in front of a bowl of ice cream like I would have in the past. I bought myself some TheraShoes :) I'd been debating about getting them and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to invest a little in myself.

BlueFruitMomma 08-20-2009 01:54 PM

UniquelyNormal - I think it's good to invest in yourself. Good for you!

No binging yet. I've stuck to a little exercise & decaf coffee. I'm feeling okay so far.

TracyB73 08-20-2009 04:08 PM

Hi all Just got home from work and man was it busy. Am doing good so far no sodas or sweets, did have an oven roasted chicken breast sub from subway for lunch with all the veggies and lite mayo and cheese, will have a light dinner tonight to make up for it. Storms all day here in Missouri and more on the way tonight. wish it would end already, well have a great week everyone and keep up the good work .

poppyseeds 08-20-2009 06:34 PM

Hey all... just checking in. Found a really good lite dressing. Ken's Olive Oil Vinaigrette... so yummy. 2 tbsp = 60 cal.

Hope everyone is feeling strong and positive today. I am totally positive about my new eating and exercise plan but my life is in chaos right now. My cat is very sick with a liver problem and she may not make it. She stopped eating because she got stressed out when we went on vacation and now because of it, she is having liver problems. I have to force feed this animal a tbsp of wet food and it takes almost 20 minutes to get her to eat it!!

My 16 year old is being VERY 16 right now and is almost impossible to live with. Thinks the world owes him... ugh. For what?!?! He isn't doing drugs or drinking,he's just a big PITA!! I think he is amazed that I managed to live for 24 years before he was born without his infinite wisdom and opinions... LOL

If I was a drinker, I would go out and buy a box of wine and lay under the spigot!! {{{sigh}}}

Have a great night all!!

RXZephyr 08-20-2009 06:42 PM

Having a bit of a low day (couple days?) and it's causing my mind to think comfort food. We ought to have some sort of crisis line or something where someone can help you get back on track or something. :dizzy:

I'm having trouble with supper tonight. Nothing sounds good and I found myself grazing in the tortilla chips while reading. Not only are the supercarbs a bad idea, I'm not eating anything good.

UNFORTUNATELY I can't think of anything (other than the brownies or cookies or...) that I want to eat. It's ANNOYING. :(

Anyway...hopefully I survive the night, find something decent to eat for supper that's reasonably healthy, and then wake up and everything is better.

Lawrence
Rooster kinda in the path of Hurricane Bill

UniquelyNormal 08-21-2009 08:30 AM

I hope your evening was good Zephyr