3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings' Weekend Chat (8/8 & 8/9) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/178654-30-somethings-weekend-chat-8-8-8-9-a.html)

BlueFruitMomma 08-08-2009 08:44 AM

30 Somethings' Weekend Chat (8/8 & 8/9)

Going strong here. Last night I rode my stationary bike while watching a DVD because I felt "fidgety". I heard that an increase in energy is pretty common when one starts exercising - I just didn't know it would feel like that. . .

I'm 17 days into exercising daily (w. some light days).

bindersbee 08-08-2009 10:33 AM

I'm back! I hope. Lost my mojo- it's so hard to get going again after a month off (stupid Swine Flu!). I'm trying to get my exercise thing going again which seems to motivate me in every other area. I'm also joining a neighborhood weight loss support group led by one of my neighbors who is some sort of 'personal wellness coach'.

Unless he tries to hard sell me on anything- then I'm gone. The whole point of how I'm trying to lose weight now is that I'm only doing things that are sustainable and create new habits I can live with long term. Whatever weight it gets me to, fine. I'll end up living at the weight I'm willing to do the work to maintain. I'm not willing to do anything like 'special pills' or 'special foods'- if I can't eat it for the rest of my life, I'm not eating it now.

The good news is that I have been pretty much maintaining the weight loss (up about 1-2 lbs. but that's still 'maintenance' range). I'm ready to kick it in the butt again and get the scale moving down again. I really expected things to go differnently this summer but I'm willing to let that go. The point is to get back up BEFORE regaining a bunch of weight.

I'll be here more- promise! Good luck to everyone this weekend. I hope you have a great time. Now, I'm getting OFF the computer and going to get ON the bike at the gym!

rileyozzy 08-08-2009 12:00 PM

I am feeling pretty good today. I haven't run in two days, but I think I needed the rest before my race tomorrow. I was getting pretty sore and my foot sort of hurt from all of the training. I was doing hills on the treadmill and it made me SORE!! So, today I am going to yoga and filling up on lots of water to prepare for tomorrow. It is going to be hot so running outside is going to be a little painful. I am excited though. This is my first 10k and my stomach is kind of in a knot. I hope I sleep tonight.

We got Indian food last night and I ate sooooooo much. It was worth it, but I am a bloated mess this morning. I guess it's pretty salty. I

I have set a new goal of getting rid of soda from my diet. This is going to be hard since I absolutely love Diet Coke. I bought some water with bubbles hoping to fill the bubble fix so wish me luck.

Blue fruit momoma - 17 days in a row? AWESOME!!!! I bet that feels good!

Bindersbee - Welcome back and I am glad to hear you feel better. Being sick sucks a lot of energy out of you.

SunshineCA 08-08-2009 03:27 PM

Good afternoon everyone! :)

Just checking in. I'm still in Philly. We leave tomorrow. I've had a great time here for fun as well as our conference. I was also able to stay true to plan. The Reading Terminal Market was my best friend. We had a fridge in the room and there was an awesome farmers market there. I was able to stock up on everything I needed. We were downtown so we had access to pretty much everything. The great tips and suggestions from all the Philly people was beneficial as well.

I met so many wonderful people here. I have to honestly say this is the City of Brotherly Love. :) We've been here so long we've developed relationships with some of the locals. You know you're at home when you're remembered by name. As well as remembering their names. :lol:

I'm looking forward to heading home. I miss my bed, my kids, my kitchen and home-cooked meals. :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. :)

Bigknitter 08-08-2009 08:06 PM

rileyozzy good luck in your race tomorrow!

I'm doing really well lately, even though I'm not losing much weight. I've been exercising every day this month and meeting my goals that way, also sticking to my eating plans every day. Even though things aren't happening fast enough for me I'm just going with it and trying not to get frustrated which is really hard for me :lol:

Tomorrow is my long running day and I have to do 6 miles, like an hour and 12 mintues for me - I hope I make it without stopping to walk!!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend :)

BlueFruitMomma 08-09-2009 08:25 AM

BigKnitter - I know what you mean about trying to keep moral up when you're not seeing the result "fast enough". I am also impatient to see results. I am *feeling* results, but not seeing them yet. I hope to be able to tell in a couple of weeks. . .

I am still on track, just impatient.

Bigknitter 08-09-2009 10:37 AM

BlueFruitMomma, I too am feeling results so it isn't all bad. My endurance is a lot higher than it used to be and I can do so much more than I used to be able to. It would be nice to lose a pound or two though, instead of hovering at the same weight!

I did my 6 mile run this morning without walking!! I'm so happy I can actually run now. Back in April it almost killed me to run a 5k :lol:

RXZephyr 08-09-2009 02:16 PM

Well...

I think it's long overdue for this "rooster" to come back to the hen house. (I wonder how many of the original "chicks" are around from when I was here 3 (!) years ago?)

Just thought that I'd stick my head in quick today and say HI. :wave: I'll do a proper "re-introduction" tomorrow? (Maybe?) I think it's about time for me to start to rebuild my motivation and share some of the happy thoughts and shed some of these overly abundant pounds. :)

Hopefully not too much has changed in the 30-Somethings to drive a man out of the forums screaming. :devil:

Take care! Stay positive!
:Lawrence