Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Rainbows! Sunshine! Ponies! Butterflies! A positive feature thread!

Well, I have decided that it's time for everyone to tell a few things about themselves that they really like, no matter how much you currently weigh.

I'll kick it off by saying that I really like my calves. Even when I was at my heaviest, they had a nice shape to them and tapered into an attractive set of ankles.

I'm such a dork. What on earth does "attractive ankles" even mean!?!

But now it's your turn!

What feature do you like about yourself no matter what?
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152.5/149.5/125

Height: 5'5"

Honestly I have never liked my body, I messed it up real bad because I was an obese child and yo-yoing adult so it has never recovered any elasticity because I never exercised...everything is flabby and droopy, I mean everything!

But, I like my face. How's that? Does that sound really obnoxious?? I was always that girl people would say, "but you have such a pretty face, its a shame"

No matter what, I always had some confidence in the fact that I knew my face was ok.

ughhhh.
Harps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/*ticker*/145

Default great thread! :)

I like my hair, my eyelashes (my sister's always jealous because hers are all stubby..lol), and the Girls. That is, unless they shrink during this whole process, which they undoubtedly will.
sakurasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #4  
Workin' It

Weird, but I always like my toes, ankles, wrists and fingers. They have always looked slim and pretty to me, no matter what my weight was at the time. The slender wrist always made me think I didn't really have the large frame I tried to tell myself I had at my highest weight, so sometimes I tried to ignore it...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Weird, but I always like my toes, ankles, wrists and fingers. They have always looked slim and pretty to me, no matter what my weight was at the time. The slender wrist always made me think I didn't really have the large frame I tried to tell myself I had at my highest weight, so sometimes I tried to ignore it...
I'm so jealous! My mom has beautiful hands and fingers with elegant and well shaped nails. I have my dad's hands. Huge, but with wide stubby fingers and wide fingernails.

Those bangle-style bracelets? The round ones that have to push on over your hand? NEVER gonna happen! They don't even come CLOSE to getting over my hand and anywhere NEAR my wrist!

Last edited by Rebound; 08-05-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #6  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

My Breast they are shaping up and staying larger.
So I think I should still have them when I reach goal.
I am still in a D cup after losing 73 lbs But they are smaller & more shapely.
(Now I am blushing hahaha)
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

I've always liked my girls too. They are a little low these days but my ultimate goal weight gift to myself is a lift.

And I'm OK with my looks. I never really thought about being pretty or good looking before until I had my first daughter. People would gush about how adorable she is, "she's so cute!", or "she's so pretty!" and all of these comments were always followed by - she looks just like you.
wow!
I mentioned this to one of my friends and she gave me this weird look like "well derr Liz you are cute!". It just never occurred to me before.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I like my lips and eyes. I have kissable lips and my eyes are blue which is a nice contrast to my naturally dark hair. I have also learned to love my big Italian nose!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #9  

hmm...

I have always like my nails, my toes and the color of my eyes. I also have nice calves. My calves are much firmer than my husbands. He says mine are like "rocks" and I always thank him for the compliment! lol
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: see tickers

When I have it, confidence is my best feature. It makes everything about me look better. My positive attitude and sense of humor also magically boost my attractiveness. I have a *great* smile - I tend to look mischievous. I have a plus-sized hourglass shape (I think). My face is not drop-dead-gorgeous, but I am pretty and I clean up nice. I have beautiful, curly red hair and an "English rose" complexion. (My husband pipes up, "And you're terribly modest. . . and you have some really great skills I can't mention in public.") *sigh* He's a really wonderful guy, ladies, I swear! lol
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

I love the texture of my hair, my eyelashes are long and curvy naturally, I don't have too many wrinkles yet, I love my freckles also
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #12  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

I've always liked my hair too, and I have some pretty nice blue eyes. I'm beginning to like my waist area again too, since it is getting smaller.
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFruitMomma View Post
(My husband pipes up, "And you're terribly modest. . . and you have some really great skills I can't mention in public.") *sigh* He's a really wonderful guy, ladies, I swear! lol
LOVE it!!
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #14  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I'm having a hard time coming up with physical features that I'm happy with (at the moment), but I'm ever so proud of the fact that this body of mine gave birth to 6 lovely children, including a set of twins. When I'm upset about my weight, the stretch marks, the droopy twin skin, the sagging boobs... I focus on that. I carried 6 babies, birthed 6 babies, breastfed 6 babies, and that is a blessing.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 152.5/149.5/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
I'm having a hard time coming up with physical features that I'm happy with (at the moment), but I'm ever so proud of the fact that this body of mine gave birth to 6 lovely children, including a set of twins. When I'm upset about my weight, the stretch marks, the droopy twin skin, the sagging boobs... I focus on that. I carried 6 babies, birthed 6 babies, breastfed 6 babies, and that is a blessing.
That truly is a blessing! 6 babies is incredible!
Harps is offline   Reply With Quote