Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Friday, 7/31

Hi All!

Hope everyone has a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

I am back from a week in Anaheim at a big conference. I didn't have a scale and the fitness center was $14 a day! So needless to say I didn't weigh myself while I was there. I tried to do the best I could with my food choices -- I was as careful and as picky as I could be for breakfast and lunch so that when I went out to nice dinners with important people who could employ me one day I didn't have to be too neurotic about food. In hindsight, I seem to have some some pretty amazing calorie cycling. I pretty consistently alternated 1200 calorie days with barely-under-2000-calorie-days. (I journaled religiously.) I knew that the thing I had the most control over was my exercise, so I really tried to be religious about it. I worked out EVERY morning I was gone. I did 30 Day Shred level 1 almost every day and every single day without fail I went for a long brisk walk in the morning. I even did the 5k sponsored by one of the companies at the meeting. I walked around as much as I could. I volunteered to fetch and carry things. I felt really good! My clothes felt no tighter at the end of the week than they did at the beginning.

And in my official weigh in the day after I got back I weighed 201.8. I couldn't believe it! I lost 3 pounds while I was on my trip. Some of it was leftover from the week before (TOM) I think, but still -- I was so proud of myself!

I'm so close to ONEderland now. A week or two and I'll be there! I can't wait!!!!!!!

Today is a normal day. I'm dragging around at work because I'm exhausted from my trip. I tried level 2 of the 30DS this morning and it was hard. There is a lot of plank work that I suck at. Plus we're dog sitting, so every time I was down on or near the ground I had noses and tongues shoved in my face and they wouldn't stop licking my sweat. It was really annoying. The visiting dogs leave on Sunday, and my dongs know well enough to leave me alone when I'm working out in the mornings...

So it's good to be back, ladies! I've missed you all this week!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I haven't been writing anything in my food journal and I haven't stepped on the scale in a week, but I think I have been maintaining. I am back on track today though. My 10k race is in 9 days and I have yet to actually run a full 6.2 miles, but I can do 5 pretty comfortably so I am not too stressed about it. I am worried about the heat though.

Today is my hair appointment which is exciting for me because I have so many gray hairs now. ahhhhh! What happened to me?
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: see tickers

Height: 5'6"

I'm just beginning here. I'm feeling kinda down. I thought I'd feel inspired by looking at the success galleries. Instead, I feel, "That will never be me." Doubt is pretty normal, right? I've been working out for ten days. Why do I expect to see results so soon? What is wrong with my brain? How do I get through this?
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 PM   #5  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Rebound - welcome back! Missed you! Wow, 3lbs down on your trip?! You truly have made this a life style change and not just another diet - you GO!

RileyOzzy - I have to say, I'm a little envious of your running - can't wait to be back to that level. I can run most of my 45 minutes on the treadmll now, working on it!

BlueFruitMomma - I understand. I just looked at my goal for August 1st and realized I will be about 2lbs short of making it. I think I may have set my goal a little to high. I sure wish I could just drop a quick 20 and get back to eating what I want and sitting on the couch again! Sigh...the 1 to 2 lbs per week is best. I PLOD along at about 1 lb per week and I'm nursing as well - everybody says it comes off easier that way - not for me!

Keep showing up and talking to us! I can't wait to know you better.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote