Old 07-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: MON 07/13

Mornin' ladies!

How was everyone's weekend??

We had MEGA rain here on Saturday...I woke up to a few loud cracks of thunder...it was nuts! It poured on and off for about 6 hrs!

Thankfully, our BBQ didn't start until 4pm and we actually had the sun come out! We had a great time!

I'm not looking forward to my crazy, busy week! Although, I do get to go see Kiss, Live and Styx in concert on Wed and Thurs night...boy, I'm gonna be a tired girl! I'm gonna need a lot of tea to keep me awake later this week!

I didn't eat too badly this weekend...I did have some at the movies yesterday... I've really gotta try to behave myself! I go see my weight loss doctor on Thursday...I have a feeling that she'll be sending me back to see the dietician...it costs $60/session!

Ladies...anybody have any ideas about how to keep myself motivated???
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Good Morning!!

Sorry I've been out of pocket on the boards for about a week. Been busy with work schedules and having my son at home with me.

Working on catching up on everyone's postings the past few days, so I can stay in tune with what is going on with all of you!! Today is pretty low key for me, finally...have a few meetings for work, my son is off to summer camp and my hubby is home doing some housework stuff and taking care of the babygirl.....so I finally have a little time for me!

Lauren... I'm liking taking Yaz so far, I know you said you didn't have any problems with it....only thing I've noticed is some dizziness , but I can't tell if it's from the pills or from my allergies!! I'm SOOO HAPPY that I didn't gain any weight from taking these!!

Wifey.... Just read your monday daily post.... Where are you feeling like you lack motivation? is it with diet or exercise or both? Personally for me.... I made myself a deal...for every pound I lose, I transfer $10 into my "diet savings account". My goal is that once I lose 100 pounds....I'm going SHOPPING!!! That gives me a THOUSAND bucks to spoil myself with!!! It's also nice to log into my online banking and see the money I've earned so far, it reminds me that I've accomplished something!

I'm down 2 lbs this week.... if I can stay on this pace (about 1-2 lbs a week) I'm hoping to be below 200 lbs by my sister's wedding in October!!

Ok...I'm off to read your postings!!!

KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #3  

Hey Kimiko...it's moreso with diet although I do feel like I really have to force myself to exercise...I guess I'm just feeling BLAH...I packed on a few extra pounds recently...had a bit of a rude awakening again...but I've also got a doctor's appt this week and she wanted me to try to lose 4lbs before I saw her again...that's not happening...I guess I'm just really frustrated and a need a big kick in the arse to get myself on track!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #4  

Wifey, can I sit next to you? I'm feeling the same way.

I have been yo yoing with the 180's for WEEKS! I get down there then back up to the 190's. I work my way down- then go on vacation and gain a little. Have to lose it again.

This week I was down to 188.0 again, FINALLY, and doing really well. Then, yesterday morning my scale is busted. It lights up but doesn't weigh anything. So, I break down and buy a new one for this morning's weigh in. You guessed it- back up to 191.0 because the new scale weighs me differently/heavier.

Now I have to fight like **** to get that '9' off the scale again and I didn't really even have a regain. I'm pretty frustrated now. I'm a slacker loser to begin with. Every little pound seems to take me so long and be so much work. It's pretty hard to stay motivated when you're living in the diet version of the 'Groundhog Day' movie.

Gonna keep working though. What else can I do?
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #5  

Ok...caught up a bit on some of your posts....

Pixie.... I read that you made some Shepherd's Pie for a pot luck...how did it go? That's one recipe I've never made...I'll have to look into it, so I can have some food on hand for my hubby and son on the nights I want a salad (heaven forbid they eat a salad too!!)

Lauren.... When the Sonic near our home first opened...it was non-stop traffic for almost a month, then the "newness" finally trickled off. My kids love it there (mostly for the ice cream snacks) but I don't find much there I can eat...I do have to say I love their Diet Coke with Lime, they squeeze fresh limes in there and it's sooo yummy on a hot day!!

Sunshine... I know you've posted before about menu planning for the week, I'm really interested in hearing some of your menus!! I think my plan is pretty much the same boring thing each week, so any new ideas are welcome!

Riley... I try to make all my "snacks" include some protein... Almonds, yogurt, cheese (string cheese, laughing cow).... they're snacks that are below 100 calories, and have at least 5 grams of protein!

Rebound.... Congratulations on the 1.6 pound loss!

Wifey... I feel ya with the diet angst.... I've been trying to find new "diet friendly" recipes, that also don't cost an arm and a leg to make!! Maybe we could all start sharing more recipes, and you might find a little motivation somewhere in there!

Bindersbee.... Dang, that bites about the new scale...I say move it back until it shows you at 188 and move on from there. You can chart your losses from that point and not feel frustrated!!!

Sorry for the long post, ladies..... Just want to make sure I'm involved...don't like to just post about myself and not know what's going on with all of you!!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Good Morning!!

It is going to really heat up this week. We have been having amazing weather the past week which is highly unusual, but it is going to return to normal and I will off looking for swimming pools for the kiddos.

My youngest has the mysterious fever sickness. I've had to sleep with her the past two nights and so I am tired and lacking the motivation to run. I did take the dog on a 2 mile walk last night, but I have to miss my yoga class today and when hubby gets home from work I am hitting the treadmill. I feel kind of bad leaving as soon as he gets home. He works outside in the heat all day and then I leave him with a sick baby and a grumpy five year old who has been cooped up all day. He's a good guy!!!

I've been drinking protein shakes for breakfast and they are really filling. I am pretty amazed.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #7  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Monday?!

Hey everyone! Just saying hello.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #8  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Wifey -- I'm glad you weren't rained out! The weather has been crazy up by me!

Kimiko -- welcome back, and thank you for the congrats! That was a hard fought 1.6 pounds.

bindersbee -- man, switching scales stinks! I hate having to deal with two scales and I hope that mine never ever breaks!

rileyozzie -- how do you make those shakes? I've been thinking about adding some more protein to my day but don't have a lot of spare calories. How much protein do you get for how many calories?

mortonpixie -- hello to you, too!

Well, I have my first moment of weakness yesterday. I managed and it was only about a 250 calorie slip that I made up for by skipping my planned dessert with dinner. I just found myself eating those mini Laffy Taffy bars. For no good reason! And then I got home for lunch and then (probably because of the sugar I had just had) was craving everything I could find. The other problem I had was that I'm trying to clean out the freezer because I think the fridge is going to die any day now, so I decided to eat a Smart One meal that I had hanging around. I have maybe 10 frozen meals in there. Well, I used to eat them quite frequently, but this time I've had not even ONE frozen meal since I started June 4th. And after I ate it I really wanted sweets again. So I had a couple of the Fiber One Haystacks that I make.

At that point I still hadn't done very much damage (except to my self esteem) so I forced myself upstairs away from the kitchen and I put away laundry and organized my husbands closet for a few hours. Then I seemed to get a hold of myself and was fine for the rest of the evening and ended up only 34 calories over my planned goal.

So I'm not sure why I ate the Laffy Taffy in the first place, nor am I sure if it was the candy or the Smart One that made me feel all "snacky," ot maybe I just had a moment of weakness and I'm reading way too much into this.

But I'll tell you one thing -- I'm a little afraid to eat the rest of my frozen meals!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Rebound - The powder that I use is vanilla flavor and has 110 calories and 21g of protein. My husband is a vegetarian and so I rarely eat meat and after tracking my food on fitday, I realized that I am lacking in a lot of vitamins and protein. Also, by cutting out cheese, I was cutting a lot of protein I used to get. Cheese is my huge weakness and so it's hard for me to eat just one cheese stick. Anyway, I was skeptical of the shake because I value every little calorie and I don't ever want to be hungry after consuming something, but suprisingly the shake filled me up for breakfast. I mix the powder with water, ice and some sort of fruit.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #10  

Bindersbee...there's always an open seat

I found it especially hard to eat on the go while I had all my french classes...I'm still trying to get out of that habit!

Kimiko - Thanks! For recipes...I've tried quite a few lately and my fav is my broccoli and grape salad!

Broccoli and Grape Salad:

Add to bowl:

1 - 2 heads of broccoli (chopped into bite size pieces) - amount depends upon size of broccoli and how much salad you want to make
1 -2 cups of green grapes (I usually use a lot of grapes...yummy!)
1 cup celery (chopped) [optional]
1/2 cup red onion (chopped)

Optional: 1/2 cup chopped almonds

Mix dressing in separate bowl.

Dressing:

1 c. light/fat-free mayonnaise or light/fat-free whipped dressing
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 c. splenda

Substitute: you can use red seedless grapes instead and just switch white vinegar for red vinegar.

Add dressing to big bowl, put lid on and shake it up.

Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hrs.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #11  

Ohhhh, Wifey! I'm making that salad this week, it sounds YUMMY! Do you cut the grapes in half or anything, or just toss em in?
Old 07-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #12  

The grapes just get tossed in! It is THE best salad I've ever made!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #13  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

I'm making it for a picnic I'm going to on Wednesday! I can't wait to try it!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote