3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings Daily Chat: Thursday 7/2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/175753-30-somethings-daily-chat-thursday-7-2-a.html)

mortonpixie 07-02-2009 08:35 AM

30 Somethings Daily Chat: Thursday 7/2

Good Morning! Hope you all are having a nice week. Any plans for the 4th of Jully? Personally, I could do without it. I worry the whole time about injuries and resent the money spent of things that go, quite literally, up in smoke. I feel that we sacrifice a lot by my not working full-time outside the home any more $$$ and I don't want to spend what's left on fireworks! Plus, the celebration is at my brother and SIL's house...my brother isn't very nice to me or my sister a lot of the time.

Okay, I'm done.

Today we need to go to Wal-Mart, probably do that here in the morning to be able to get home for naps. My goal for today is to use nap time to workout. Yesterday I napped a little to because I was up so much that night with the baby. Last night the little squirt slept great so NO excuses for me today!

Dinner tonight is leftovers - hoorah! :carrot:

Have a great Thursday!!

rileyozzy 07-02-2009 10:36 AM

Tonight I have dinner and a movie planned with a group of girlfriends. I don't know where we will eat, but we are going to watch My Sister's Keeper. I read the book so I know it's a sad story. I usually like to watch feel good movies because I hate spending money on stuff that makes me feel sad.

Today is the last day of swim lessons for my 5 year old. She did an amazing job this summer and can swim now. It is so fun to see her feel confident. And my youngest finally enjoyed the water yesterday. I am having so much fun swimming with them this summer.

Rebound 07-02-2009 11:09 AM

The mother-in-law comes today. I wish I had just one more day -- I'm on track for a nice loss this week at my weigh in tomorrow morning, but I KNOW we're going to go out to dinner tonight. And even if I eat PERFECTLY, just the fact that I'm probably going to eat later in the day that I usually do and that there will probably be a ton of salt in whatever I get means that I'll see an abnormally high tomorrow morning from bloat. I'm seriously considering using this morning's number just so I don't get depressed. But then I have all next week with her here, which means dinners out almost every single night. If I can just keep from gaining I'll be happy. And I'll try to bump up my exercise a bit for a week to counteract whatever damage I'm doing...

Other than that I have nothing much planned today. Work. Go for a quick ride. Pick up MIL. I have NO idea what we're going to do this weekend while she's here. Sigh...

rileyozzy 07-02-2009 11:19 AM

Rebound - I usually leave when my MIL comes for a visit. I used to dread her visits and it caused fights between my husband me, but now I look forward to her visits because it means I get a little mini vacation. Plus, now my husband limits her stays because he has to deal with her. Everyone wins! :)

Rebound 07-02-2009 03:16 PM

riley,

Last time she was here it was winter and I went outside and snowblowed the entire neighborhood for like 4 hours just to get away from her.

Blech.

Glad I'm not the only one who can't stomach her MIL...

:)

LBH 07-02-2009 04:34 PM

:wave:

cher37 07-02-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebound (Post 2810395)
...Last time she was here it was winter and I went outside and snowblowed the entire neighborhood for like 4 hours just to get away from her....

I'm praying for a snowstorm this winter so I can't travel to my sister's house 2 hrs away when my parent's visit this Christmas! :ginger: (my sister & I get along, but it's my parent's that we try to avoid)

As far as my MIL goes - she's 6 hours away & is quite happy staying at home w. my BIL (who lives with her) watching Judge Joe Brown :dizzy: