Old 06-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default I Exercised Instead of Napping!

We have a new baby (born 5/7) and he was up every 3 hours last night so I thought I would definitely need a nap today. But when our 2yr old went down for a nap I decided to let the older kids watch some TV and I "just did it".

I ended up with the baby in the Moby wrap but that probably helped burn calories - the little guy weighs 12 lbs! I walked on the treadmill with him for 30min and then did the strength training exercises suggested by the new app I have for my phone.

I also measured my waist and hips. Wow. That was an eye opener. I plugged those into a body fat calculator and came up 52% body fat.

Well, I'm good and sore now. Just wanted to celebrate a positive day!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #2  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

Good for you!! The 'just do it' really works for me too That's great that you did it carrying your baby.
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

That's fantastic!! (Although as a new mom, I think you should've taken the nap!!)
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #4  

Now THAT is determination! I've decided the entire difference between success and failure is whether you use your obstacles as excuses OR find a way to work around them. Successful losers don't do it because there are no obstacles and they don't magically make the obstacles disappear either. They simply find a way to get around them. Carrying the baby on the tredmill definately qualifies as a good 'work around'!

When my kids were that small I noticed that they always needed me most when I was trying to focus on something like exercise. Keep it up and success if inevitable. Good job!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote