Old 06-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

I am not addicted to coffee nor do I drink it every day. I do like it though, just could go with or without. Occasionaly I'll drink 1/2 C. Sometimes black, sometimes w/ ff half and half. I also hardly drink soda. I'll have like a 1/2 can of diet squirt every once in a while. I just find that if I am going to get my water intake for the day it doesn't leave much room for other stuff. I do like hot tea though...all kinds.
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJubilee View Post
Just wanted to bring up one thing...back about 4 years ago when I went from 250 to 187...I was taking Phentermine...I barely ate, but I do remember drinking a LARGE amount of coffee (in addition to my 100 oz of water) and that kept me full. Of course back then it was regular half & half and splenda (they didn't offer equal at that job).

that hardly sounds healthy, or balanced...
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #18  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Oh it wasn't! Which is probably why it was so easy for me to go right back to where I was before with eating bad foods and not exercising.

Not this time. I still have my morning & afternoon coffee, but I eat MUCH better and I exercise as much as I can!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:22 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaebea View Post
which might not be so bad except that through trial and experience i think caffeine over stimulates me. with caffeine being a neuro-stimulator and me being someone who stresses out and gets weary easily, i can't handle alot of coffee. i've noticed the more often i drink it, the more often i will feel drained after the initial stimulating effect.
I was also diagnosed with adrenal fatigue by an NP, so that might be the reason for the way i react. Caffiene drains already worn out adrenal glands.

I do not have the same response to green or black tea though. just coffee.
if i eat well and drink tea, water and herbal teas, i find i have more energy an stamina and am less cranky and grouchy and more positive over all.

hope that helps.
kaebea... i just am finding out about this adrenal fatigue. I have all the symptoms... it is a completely accurate description of me. I was wondering what you are doing for it? I have the same effect on me when I take in caffeine, I feel bombed out later. I don't really drink coffee a whole lot, and after reading some stuff about it I am going to avoid all forms of stimulants! I want to cut out pop anyways because of the bad-effects of the carbonation on your teeth & body & stuff. But I think sticking to green & black tea is good also, I love tea. So what else are you doing to help with that diagnosis?? I would greatly appreciate any advice!!! I would love a day where I've slept and could wake up feeling like I actually got sleep instead of the intense fatigue I feel everyday.
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #20  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Before I started my weight loss journey, I was drinking a 12 pack of diet coke every day. I hated coffee for whatever reason. Now, I have a diet coke once a week and I am drinking 2 cups of coffee...plain, black coffee...each morning just to give me a little kick in the butt .
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #21  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I HAVE to have coffee every morning, but that's about it. I drink a travel size mug in the morning and I MAY have a diet Coke or Coke Zero in the afternoon, but I usually stick with tea.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #22  

I enjoy coffee but haven't had any since re-starting Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. I no longer have a coffee maker so that deters me from drinking so much. I may re-introduce coffee when I cross over to Phase 2. I'm trying to clean myself of coffee, wine and other things I've become too comfortable with. Once I get back on track, I will indulge only in moderation.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote