Old 06-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5'5

Default Hi!

Well, I've been on a diet for most of my adult life. 10 years ago I lost 70+ pounds, although I was going to a Bariatric doctor and using phentermine to do that. I kept that weight off for about 4 or 5 years, but then gained it all back and then some. Now I'm DETERMINED to lose it, but to do it the right way!

I'm really hoping to get and receive support & encouragement here! I NEEEEED motivation!
DawnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #2  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

And that you shall receive!

Hi, I'm Samantha.
I'm a working - single - mother of 3.

I haven't always been over weight. I was actually very slim until about 18. Starting then, I gained 10 lbs every year and when I was 27 I weighed 250ish. I finally had enough. I too used phentermine and got down to 187. I felt better and stopped using the pills. I kept eating right and exercising and did very well for about 6 months...then my world fell down around me and I went right back to eating the same way before. I got back up to 230! I was so upset with myself. For the past 2 years I have gone between 197 and 225. I will lose some weight and then all the sudden something will happen and I will gain it back. However, this time I have it under control. I am NOT going to allow myself to fall back into that pattern because I am not depending on anyone else to get me thru this (well other than my 3FC friends) and I'm not taking anything (weight loss suppliments/diet pills) either. I go to they gym by myself (unless my dear sweet boyfriend wants to go too) and I cook for myself (he either eats it, starves or fixes what he wants). I am not doing this for anyone or anything in particular. I am doing it for ME!!! I want to be healthy & happy & in shape!

So, WELCOME! I am happy to have a new forum friend!

Last edited by SamanthaJubilee; 06-15-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: forgot sumpthin
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Dawn,

You've come to the right place for support! You'll find tons here!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi!! My intro thread tells my story, but it's great to see another newbie.

Danger! Falling pounds ahead! Hard hat necessary!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Welcome to the family, Dawn!!

I can definitely relate to the "diet all my life" statement. I think I've been doing that as well. I got myself to a good weight in college, then I went and got married and it went downhill from there!! Throw in a few kids (once just recently, in February!), and TADA....I'm overweight again!!

What are your plans to "do it right" this time? Is there a specific diet you're going to focus on? I had lost a good chunk of weight after my first child doing Atkins...but I gained it back when I stopped focusing on the carbs. I've tried doing the diet again and again, with little to no results...so now I'm focused on calories and fat intake.

Anyhow....tell us more about yourself when you get a chance, and check in on our daily chats to tell us how you're doing!!

Can't wait to hear back from you!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the welcome!

Well, my plan to "do it right", includes limiting my caloric and fat intake. More importantly, I'm EXERCISING!! So far, I've just been walking 4-5 days a week (2-4 miles). Back in the day, I used to be an athlete, so it feels good to be active again!

I'm determined to lose the weight for good this time! Once I go below 200, I'm never going back!!

Again...thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all!
DawnSC is offline   Reply With Quote