Old 05-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'6"

Red face Newbie 5/28/09

Hello y'all I am brand new to this site. I have tried many, many times for my daughter and I to lose weight. We are gung ho at first and then give up because fast food tastes so much better! She is 5'5" and I'm 5'6" (she's 17 and I'm 39) and both weigh approximately 230 lbs. I was told last week by my orthopedic surgeon that I really should lose at least 50 lbs to prevent my knees from giving up on me. Tae is a beautiful girl but all she sees her size and I would love for her to get healthy over the summer so she can go back to school with love for herself and finding self esteem. I would love for y'all to keep me motivated so I will keep her motivated.
ylather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 301/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome. I am still new myself. I know I was chubby in high school and wish I had gotten it under control then. I wish you both the best of luck.
EmeraldFire772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #3  

Welcome to both of you. It helps to have a friend and cheerleader so she's lucky to have you. It's great for her to start learning about good nutrition etc. so she'll have these tools and will hopefully not have to spend as much of her life being overweight as we have. Sigh. The things I wish I'd known when I was younger!

They have a board here for 20-somethings. Perhaps she could join and frequent that board? Sometimes it's helpful to have those more in your peer group for support too (not that she isn't perfectly welcome HERE, just that SHE might enjoy the company of other youngsters). Best wishes to you both.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

This is something that she is going to have to want for herself. No matter how much you want it for her, it is up to her to be commited. But giving support is the very first step. Bravo for being such a great cheerleader.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

ylather! How great that your DD and you can work on this together!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #6  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

&

Last edited by Tracy; 05-31-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote