30 Somethings Weekend Chat 5/16-5/17....

• Morning Ladies!

I thought I'd start us off on this wonderfull weekend!

I have great news too! First the new job that I started in Philadelphia is great! I love it and hope it goes permanent. Secondly, my University posted final grades for them semester last night! I was really sweating my Pre-Calculus for Business class and I ended up earning an A-!! So it's on the Calculus for Business in the Fall for me.

I need some advice from you ladies as well. I met this guy through myspace and we exchanged some emails and spoke on the phone for the fist time the other night. He wants to set up something to see a movie. I don't know why, but feel very uneasy about it. Very hesitant. I do want to meet someone, but I'd rather do it through something like Meetup.com where you get to know people in person and talk to them while sharing interests.
    Things are starting to settle down for me. My entire life has been turned upside down the last year with a job from ****, leaving the job from ****, unemployment, now the temp job that I love and having returned to college in Sept. 2008. Through all that I lost most of my friends, because so many showed their true colors, good riddence to them I say, but my true friends have stuck around and are priceless. So that is re-shaping as well. On top of that I gained about 15lbs and want to spend the summer losing it and just getting re-aquantained with myself, getting to know this new person whose emerging. This new person is amazing as I'm actually starting to believe that I am intelligent (hey got an A- in pre-calc), interesting, funny and pretty. If things had settled sooner in my life it'd be different, but the dust is still settling. I'd rather focus my energies on new friends, losing the weight and getting to know this new me.

That doesn't sound bad does it? Besides, there is this other guy I met while unemployed, a recruiter actually. He's so cute, in an email one day in February, he asked me if I ever go out for drinks could he maybe meet up with me. But we have yet to actually synch up our schedules. First I was all stress out with a busy schedule, when mine calmed down he had family visiting and work was getting busy for him, but now he's drowning. Once again I can't explain it, but I want to get to know him. If it's friends and nothing more fine, but I'd like to see what happens. I have nothing but excitment and good vibes about him.

I guess I should just listen to my gut insticts. Isn't the old saying good things come to those who wait? I may have to wait a bit to synch up schedules with him, but I know it'll be great when we do. The outcome, well only God knows that!

Anyhoo...sorry for the novel!! Have healthy weekend ladies!!
  • Hi all!

Jenn, Congrats on the job, I'm soo happy that you're enjoying it! i would definitely stick with your gut instinct about the my space guy. Do you talk/email with the recruiter guy often, but just can't seem to get together in person? I'd say if you have a good feeling about him, then try to work it out! How about a quick meeting for lunch one day, or coffee in the AM?
  • Hi Lauren,
    We have emailed, but we both have had such busy stressful schedules we're exhausted by the time we get home. Earlier this month, he called after I emailed about a job posted on their website. I felt obligated to keep it short because he was at work and such, but he asked about that drink and I said I was preparing for a final exam and we agree'd on after the final. It just seems that lately we're not in synch. I do want to work it out with him.
    Just the other day, I got an email in which he mentioned that he's the only perm recruiter left in his office. So I know he's got to be exhausted in the evenings. I gave him my work email and told him that regarding what he's going through I feel for him, told him that if there's anything I can do don't hesitate to ask. Told him he can call me if he needs to talk and reminded him I just over the river. In short, I wanted to let him know that I know what he's going through and I'm here for him. As far as that drink, I said that since he's the one with the busy schedule and stress to let me know what's good for him.

I want to work it out with him as you said, but I don't want to push him with what's on his shoulders at work. Ya know. I have faith that all will work out as it's supposed too. I'm going to just take things as they come.

But you had a good idea about meeting for lunch. The guy does have to eat, unless he's scheduled so tightly that he's working through lunch.
  • Hi All!

Have another party today! This time a "Thomas" bday party.

Jenn, that's good! At least he knows you're interested! Do you work close enough to meet for lunch somewhere?

Have a great day!