Old 04-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Default What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Hi Ladies!

I got the inspiration for this thread this afternoon while shopping for suits for my new job. BTW..do you know how hard it is to find suits or Blazers this time of year? I can't buy a suit off the rack at Macy's or somewhere because I'm two different sizes. So separates is what I need.

Anyhoo...

I stopped at Boston Market for lunch and I thought to myself, "what would make Jillian proud?" So I ended up with a quarter of white meat chicken where I removed the skin, a side of steamed greenbeans, a side of steamed mixed veggies (carrots, zuccini, summer squash) and half of the cornbread.

I had 2 Turkey hot dogs with 2 slices of Weight Watchers bread and carrots for dinner.

I also went for a nice 3 mile walk after dinner.

That is what I did today to make me feel proud! A good day eating and walk!

Jenn
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #2  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

What great timing to post this thread so I can say this:

Today, during the past couple of hours, I was debating grabbing fast food after work (at night) or at the very least a fatty snack. But I decided to skip it. I'm having a tea instead.

So I'm really proud I've fought this craving. But man am I looking forward to a good breakfast tomorrow!!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Ran an extra long run in celebration of reaching my April goal of 134.

I also made a ton of food tonight--turkey burgers on the grill, shrimp patties, huge amount of green beans with lots of garlic...anyway, I should be in good shape for a few days--also made a ton of smashed cauliflower yesterday and put them into freezer bags...
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Good job Jenn!

I haven't done anything lately to make me feel proud. I'm having a rough patch, and finding it hard to get back on track.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure about proud exactly, i don't think i'll feel that till i reach my goal.
but i feel extremely happy and healthy that i fought the battle against cheesecake and won.
I was REEEELY tempted, i almost gave in, but i opted to eat the frozen blueberries and organic cheese that i already had at home.

I think what did it was focusing on thinking more about the feelings i would have after ward, both physical and psychological. Cheesecake= sluggish, bloated, angry, frustrated, disappointed, low motivation Vs. blueberries/cheese=healthy, light, energetic, happy, motivated, peaceful.

that is my hardest struggle, giving in to sweets and fatty or processed foods after a stressful day, or simply because i think i want or deserve cheesecake!
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #6  

For me I've had a decent day eating. I wish I'd gotten in a workout but I didn't- I got the laundry caught up instead. I'm proud of that too! I'm proud of myself right now for going down to the basement to use the computer late at night instead of the kitchen so I'll be less-tempted to snack.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/189/155

I'm proud I made it to the gym today even though I was sore and tired from the weekend.
clinkenwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I am proud that I stopped myself from licking the spoon to the Brownies I made for my cookout last night. I ate grilled chicken a salad and cooked carrots. I had a sugarfree low carb chocolate icecream bar for dessert. I did not even feel deprived. I think I going to lick the spoon out of habit.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #9  

proud again cuz i just bought one slice of cheese cake at the coffee shop instead of a whole sara lee frozen cheesecake at the grocery!

easier to binge on the little frozen cheesecake, and it costs about as much as the one slice of bakery cheesecake, but the frozen ones aren't nearly as good.

it was a treat instead of a binge.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #10  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

I went for an hour walk up to the bank and Post Office instead of driving, and got a to-go container brought out with my lunch so I only ate about 1/4 of what my meal included. The rest is in the frig, except for the fries, which I just sent back to kitchen with the dirty dishes when the waitress bussed the table. Yay!
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #11  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

To those of you who found something to be proud of...Good job!!!
To those of you who feel you have nothing to be proud of...I'm sure you can find something!!!

I'm proud that I stayed in my calorie budget...and I still have more left.
I'm proud that I went to the gym BEFORE pilates and did 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer...the longest I have ever gone AND THEN got on the treadmill for another 20 minutes.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/244/140

I am proud that I took my first cardio kickboxing class this morning. I am not proud that I had a small coke this evening. Rough afternoon with my 8 year old and extreme heat here

Karen
MdTerrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #13  

mdterrapin : yes, but you took a step forward by taking that first kickboxing class! that's no small feat, the first step is often the hardest.

I am proud that this morning the scale was one lb less than yesterday
Old 04-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #14  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

First time seeing this thread, mind if I jump in?

Hmm today, I didn't indulge in the little Hershey Chocolate bars bag that was so sneakily staring me down, when I went to get a mid-afternoon snack. Instead I opted for the handful of almonds and a clementine. I taught them there chocolates I am not weak. For now anyways. LOL!
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #15  

went swimming and re-enrolled in college!!!