30 Something's Weekend Chat: Sat/Sun, 5/2-5/3

• Mornin' All!
  • Good morning! It is rainy and cloudy again and interfering with my motivation to run. I have gained 5 pounds this week, but I am hoping being back on track will quickly get rid of it.

I am going to a 70's party tonight and I have to dress up. I have nothing to wear. Any suggestions?
  • It's been a rainy weekend in these parts too!

I am a little frustrated right now as I seem to be at a plateau. I know what I need to do to break it but it sure is frustrating! Since I've been pretty good and the number on the scale hasn't changed to reflect it, I hope I'm in for one of those sudden losses.

In any case, I'm on a mission to try and exercise every single day until I break the plateau. Opps! I said 'try' which is really code for preparing to fail. Let me reword that. I will be working out (cardio) everyday until I break this dang plateau. I'm pretty sure my eating is okay but I'll be working a little harder on that too. I hate plateaus! I'm hoovering just above my next weight loss goal and it's taking me forever to hit it!
  • I had a bad weekend. My boyfriend's aunt passed away yesterday and he was with her when it happened . And to top it off, I did some emotional eating on a big bag of tater chips :|
  • Mornin' All! (OK, it's almost noon...)

Michelle, sorry to hear about DB's aunt. Was she ill?

Bin, sorry, I don't have any advice. I'm just trying to get myself to stop eating everything in sight.

riley, how was the party?

Off to bake some bread and finish cleaning the bathroom. Nice mix, huh? Have a great day all!
  • I am becoming a changed woman. I went to the gym this morning. Me. At the gym. On a Sunday?!?!?! And she kicked my butt.
  • Happy weekend everyone.

I've had a really hard time getting back on the wagon. I've been in such a giant funk. Today is my dad's birthday- he would have been 60. He passed away last June, from lung cancer. Tomorrow is a new day, and I hope a new beginning for me. I'm tired of feeling depressed. In fact, right after I hit send, I'm hesding out to the garage to get my jogging stroller cleaned up and ready for my morning walk!
  • Well, I had a GREAT day diet/exercise wise. I did a 50 minute cardio workout at the gym (that's 3 days in a row of at least 50 minutes). And I don't read while I'm working out because I'm pushing it the whole time so it was a good quality workout.

I also broke down and tracked my intake today. I am ADD so while I can do calorie counting for a week or so successfully the niggling detail of it is usually unsustainable for me over time. I just decided today that if I want to break the plateau, I'm going to have to do it for awhile even if it's hard for me. 1400 calories on the nose. And that's even counting the mini-twix bar I ate at MILS (which was pretty good given all the junk food she has sitting around). My ratios were also perfectly balanced today between fats, proteins and carbs. I know I can't keep this 'perfection' up for long. I am so NOT the kind of person who can do perfect but I am going to celebrate one perfectly on-plan day.