Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #1  

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat- Mon. 4/20

Good morning, everyone! I hope everybody had a productive weekend. I got my first sunburn of the year on my arms from all the yard work we did outside. Beautiful weather will be here all week and I'm so excited to get out there. I might even ride my bike on the trail today for exercise.

The 'bad' news is that my weight did one of those mystery jumps UP this morning. I think it's the week before AF though so my weight always goes up then. I'm not going to let it discourage me because I know that there isn't anything in my eating that should have caused the big gain so it isn't a 'real' gain. I hate that little game we play with the scale.

How is eveyrone else?
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I lost 2.8 pounds(on TOM) and was shocked. I have been exercising regularly for the past 3 weeks. The first week I gained, next week .4 pounds so hopefully a new trend of weightloss is in my future.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #3  

Amy- that's great! You are certainly heading in the right direction. Keep it up!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

WTG Amy, congrats on the loss.

yesterday I was stuck in the bed all day with a migraine. I didn't get up until 4pm and then I laid around in my pj's the rest of the day. This morning I am much better and hope that the miserable migraines will leave me alone for a while.

after work I have to stop off at the grocery store and then we get to pick up our new puppy from the vet. The vet has already called and they are working on her right now. They will call me when she wakes up to let me know how she is doing.

That's about it for me. hope to get in some exercise on the Wii fit today, it makes it easier when you get to spend time with your children and get in your exercise all at the same time.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Yesterday I was not feeling well at all. I had a 4 hour nap. Weigh-in I had a 2 pound gain...sigh. I'm not going to get too down on myself, because I have been slacking and sneeking sweets, so I expected it. This week I just need to focus on logging and drinking water. So far so good this morning.

Took DD to swim lessons on Saturday, and I saw that they have a lap pool. I may check into how much it cost for me to do the lap pool while she's doing her lessons.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies,

Good news on the job front, the job I interviewed for on Friday, that I REALLY want...well my recruiter just called and they are interested in bringing me in to meet the Controller. They have one more interview this week though.

So continue to send me those good thoughts and stayed tuned!

I got on the scale Sat. morning and the 2.8lbs that I gained back a few weeks ago....I lost 2 of them already! I'll be back into my old clothes in no time!

Jenn
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just popping in quick!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #8  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Go Jenn!! I just sent a prayer up for you!! Hi everyone. I am exhausted, my son had a doubleheader on Saturday and I worked the concession both times. It is cold and rainy here, but I am headed to the gym later so that I can report on Sunday that I am out of the 250s..By the way, I also looking for a new job, I desperately need one, so send up prayers for me and good vibes too, I need them!!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/155

Height: 5' 4"

I had a pretty nice weekend visiting with my mom. Afterwards, I got my exercise by doing some much-needed yard work. I was amazed at how exhausting it was!
NicoleDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone! I had a really nice weekend. I mowed the lawn and planted some flowers, and worked. My semester is going to end soon and I am glad! I had a final last week and I stress ate-big time. Thank goodness I'm a waitress-I was able to walk most of it off-I did end up up one pound. Ugh! Bindersbee-I think some of my weight gain could be TOM too-she should be here tomorrow.

Amy-nice job with the weight loss!!

Beth-Sorry about the migraine-hope you're feeling better. We like the Wii fit at our house as well!!

SapphireBlue-That's a great idea to do some lap swimming while DD is at her swim lessons!! I hope that works out for you!

Jenn-best of luck with your job interviews!!

Devsmama-good luck with your job search!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I totally did stress eating today. We had a staff meeting this morning and of course there were donuts which I managed to resist until the horrifying budget presentation. Then we went out to eat for lunch and I ate my whole plate plus a million chips. It was Mexican food and it is a big treat for me. I had a horrible stomach ache for the rest of they day. Tomorrow I will back on track and feel better. On the bright side, I am still running and I feel really good about that. I bought some new running shoes and it feels like running on marshmellows.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote