Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat March 31st

Hi ladies!

Welcome to our last thread for the month of March!

I baked my last set of bread last night...thank GAWD!
No more of that sugary crap for me! Although I could stand to be a bit today! I'm feeling quite at the moment.

DH and I have a friend visiting for a day or two. We picked her up last night, had a late dinner and due to my baking...I didn't get to bed until almost 11...which is so late for me!

I've got a french test to study for....thank gawd it's work related, so I'll be able to study a bit at work today!

How's everyone doing today?
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #2  

Hey Wifery! Throw that evil amish bread in the freezer! lol

I'm a bit excited today. This afternoon we meet the dietician at a restuarant. I am taking my dd with me and we are going to do some shopping before since the rest. is so close to a large shopping center. Then we will speed home and try to make it in the door before American Idol. I am so hooked!

nothing else is going on. I am sitting in my office with the door shut, which I hate. We are waiting for the fire marshall to come by, so no door stops, yuck.. it's so quiet in here and warm and makes me sleepy. With the door open every one pops in all the time, with it shut they think I have someone in here so they don't come in.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #3  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi gals!
Well, I had a rough night last night. Got home at 10:30PM and promptly got into a fight with DH. He's wonderful, but...there are some characteristics about him that make me totally angry. For example, he can never NEVER admit fault. Even...when he does something blatantly wrong. I won't air more dirty laundry...but, it wasn't a pretty sight. We don't normally "fight" but, last night was one. Then, he didn't want to go to bed angry - so, he promptly tried to keep me up last night to "iron things out". Just to let you all know, there is still tension - and I only got 3.5hours sleep. I got up around 5:30am when others in my house got up. I also (during those blissful 3.5hours sleep) nursed the baby and did other things. Sometimes I wonder why I'm so tired!?

So, after getting the big kids off to school, I proceeded to nap on the couch with the baby. I am now "up" and it's almost time (within the hour) to get my middle child - who is at 1/2 day kindergarten.

No workout yet. But, no bad eating yet either, LOL.

I think I'll try to work out when I get home from picking her up and going to the bank. I go to work again today at 3PM - 9PM (yay, short day!) and then I'm off until Saturday (yes, we have to work 4 of those a year - I have ootles of seniority, but still have to put 4 blasted Saturdays in!!)

And another thing - my oven isn't working! We went to make the chicken last night, and my element (bottom) won't heat up. My broiler element will...but, the bottom one won't. I had cleaned it the night before - and it cleaned fine, but I may have killed it!? With the self cleaner!!?? You would think the oven would work, it's only a couple of years old.

I'll check back later. Going to work on my kitchen and laundry again...and check the baby, he's being too quiet.

Sarah
FitSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
Hey Wifery! Throw that evil amish bread in the freezer! lol
It's already there Beth!

Sorry to hear about your bad night FitSarah...I hope you have a better day today!

Last edited by Wifey; 03-31-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Can I go on vacation right now? It’s the end of the month, and I have a ton of paperwork that I don’t want to deal with, but I must. For some reason, my data- entry and PMS come around at the same time. Drives me crazy!

I found out that I still have an A in English Composition. Here I was thinking I was doing really terrible in that class, because I certainly have struggled in it. I have one more essay, and I am done. I think the fact that I’m older, I blog, and I write letters has given me a little advantage.

I have a staff meeting this afternoon. Due to budget cut-backs, they are not “eatin’ meatings” anymore. I am grateful, because I didn’t have the ability to choose what we eat when they did that.

I am still loving my weight loss, but my weight has mainly come off my top half. I would love to see this muffin top and kangaroo pouch come off. Although, I don't look 6 months pregnant anymore (Yes, I have had people ask if I was pregnant before).

Last edited by SapphireBlue; 03-31-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: mispelled word
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #6  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/115

Height: 5'1"

Sapphireblue, I see you are a knitter? So am I!

I went to a chairty silent/oral auction with DH a couple of weeks ago and bought some wonderful yarn and 2 new bags and needles (bamboo) etc. I was thrilled - got a steal for it. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy!

I'm looking for a nice, easy enough, baby blanket pattern to pass around for church - I'm starting a "Blankets for Babies" group to knit for our newest members of our parish. I think I'll just write my own pattern...
FitSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Sarah - Sorry about the bad night! I hear you on the baby nursing during the night...mine's almost night-weaned but not quite! Hope you and DH make up soon...I hate tension!

SapphireBlue - Congrats on the A!! I would be glad about the budget cut-back too, I would have a hard time with that, that's for sure!

Squeak - Let us know how the meeting with the dietician goes - share any good tips please!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey guys..i've been mia for about 2 wks just got lots going on. HAve been doing poorly lately being motivated..really trying to get back in the groove. I'm sort of struggling with some work issues and then one of my few places of relaxation/destresser (the barn) is now also causing stress...but luckily i'll move my horse may 1st to a much better place. I do try to find some fun..i love volunteering at the georgia aquarium on my days off. I spent 6 hrs there today talking and educating guest...its such a peaceful place. Well i'm going shopping tomorrow and getting myself back on track..no more of this stupid stuff..time to get serious. hope everyone is well
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote