3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   ~~ Week of June 2~~~ Summer is coming FAST! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/16796-%7E%7E-week-june-2%7E%7E%7E-summer-coming-fast.html)

Pryia 06-02-2002 02:44 PM

~~ Week of June 2~~~ Summer is coming FAST!

Good morning all:

Well the good news is I lost 7.8 pounds last week. Which took care of almost all the 8.4 gain I had. I have .6 to go and I am back where I was a few weeks ago.

I thought I was holding some water and boy was I correct on that.

Hope everyone has a great week!! Still OP HERE!

RoadRunner 06-02-2002 04:37 PM

Good EVening!!!

Lyssa--I am a big clothes person all the time..THat is why no one could tell I am pg...Even when I was wearing a size 1 jean, the shirt was a large!!!All I have is big clothes soo I have never bought anything maternity yet except for some jeans and some khaki shorts!!!My DH always laughed when he saw all the clothes I owned ,that I would never have to buy maternity if I decided to get pg!!!

Pryia-Congrats on the loss!!!!

Well..off to cut this big ole watermelon!!!!STill craving fruits and veges soo continue to eat healthy!!!!
Vicki

Rabbit 06-02-2002 07:07 PM

hi all! :wave: I'm home - glad to be back! The tripe went well. Figuring points is so tough on the road, but I did journal everyday - a definite success! I think I was over a few days so I'm starting all over on my "OP since . . ."

Tech - congrats on your loss & a big congrats on meeting your personal goals for the week!:D

Karen - hope the midterm went well.

RR - so glad things are still going well for you.

Bailey - move away from the whoopie pies!!:eek:

Jul - hope your show went well.:)

Greekgirl - congrats on the tv job.

Lyssa - congrats on the 155!

Pryia - woohoo on your loss! :cool:

We got home last night & today has been crazy for me. But I got all of the laundry almost done (last load in), ran to the grocery store (ok, not literally), made my typical Sunday brunch, and dinner is made, went through all of the week's mail, did dishes, put clothes away, cleaned ds' bathroom, started on my menu and grocery list for the week, spent 30 minutes in the sun & have had time to catch up with you good people - all in all, a successful day!:)

have a great week.

Rabbit
OP since 6/2/02

dabrat 06-03-2002 02:18 AM

;) Wow it is already June. Can you belive that Christmas is just over 6 months away? Stores start selling merchandice in what August / September? So we have about 3 more months without Christmas trees?:lol: :lol: :o OK I will shut up.
I have been off plan this wekend. I will be OP tomorrow. I amhoping to get my walk in forst thing in the morning tomorrow. My DH is going to be out of town this week including his Birthday. I am sad about that but at least that saves me from cooking a cake and a big fancy dinner.

Rabbit I want to know where do you get all that energy from? Congrats on doing so well out of town!

Tech you have done great! It always feels so wonderful making a goal that you have set for yourself.

Karen how are you feeling after mid-terms? When is school out and are you taking summer classes?

Bailey I want to see a whoppie pie.:lol: I think I know what they are but have never had one. Maybe here they have a different name? I will have to look for them.

Vicki how did you ever become a size 1? I had a French exchange student stay with me when I was 16 and she was a size 1. That is so small. How tall were you and what did you weigh if I may ask? That small just amazes me. The BirthMonster of my DSC is about 5'7" and 95 pounds. It shocks me how skinny she is, she is like a walking skeleton. No curves at all.

Pryis yeah for losing what you gained. It is wonderful to of done that!

OK I am off to bed have a great night everyone! Daphne

Greekgirl 06-03-2002 04:29 AM

Tech Alum, thenx for the link! I'll check it out today (=monday). What kind of diet are you on anywaY? It seems strange not to loose for 3 weeks and losing the 4th? Just curious.

I still haven;t bought MY protein powder, haven't had the time. It's SO expensive here 30 $ for a large box, compared to you I'm paying in pure gold, eh?

Hi rabbit, nice to see you back, don't get too stressed out this week with catching up!

LBH, Better if you eat them plain and untoasted, they're nicer on the stomach. Don't go over a small handful a day, though, the cals add up quickly in nuts, so don't use them as a meal substitute!

good going, Lyssalou! Keep it up! Just don't eat too low fat, if you go under about 10% fat daily, your body starts piling it up and using up tissue deposits in stead (lots of female hormones are stored in your fat deposits, so you body figures it has to store in stead of burn if you eat no-fat) 15-20% fat is fine, you'll burn it off.
have a look at www.fitday.com you can check how much you're eating of everything every day. It's a great stick behind the door (Dutch saying)
How's Dh's hair?

Very good Pryia, I wish I could lose 8 pounds in a week!!! even if it's water. I'm going slow slow slow (about 1 pound a week)

Have to run see you all around!

Am getting SOOOOOO nervous about my "TV debut"! It's a consumer programme, very well known in the Netherlands (where I lived most of my life, so all my old friends are going to watch, my sisters have already made sure of this, gawd). Have to judge 4 guides, and wil get interview...AAAHH!

Vassiliki
:cool: :cool:

elisa822 06-03-2002 08:21 AM

Good Monday Morning!!

Well I've struggled a bit for the past week so I'm trying to stay away from the scale for a few days. I was so hungry for a few days last week. Strange. And we went out of town on the weekend to see a friend in a play and go to our favourite small town, coutry cooking kind of diner. If I may indulge for a moment, I'll tell you what I ate. I felt like a pig but really I wasn't too bad. Their club sandwich is made with homemade bread and real carved turkey and amazing bacon - WOW! I ate just more than half and had about half an order of fries. Not so horrible (we only get there maybe once a year). But I also had to have their homemade eclair for dessert. Oh well. It was soooo good. So now it's back to the real world. It's crazy I've lost a nice amount of weight from last year but sometimes I still feel so fat. I mean 5'4" and 150 isn't skinny but I didn't think it was so big. But I go to look at dresses for a daytime wedding in a couple of months and I have to get the size 14 and they looked like crap. Nice summery pretty dresses and I looked so fat. Maybe they just weren't my style but a bit tough to take. Just made me realize I still could lose quite a bit of weight.

GG - the protein powders are quite expensive here too and I never know which one to buy. They can also add a lot of calories and the people who sell them say it doesn't really matter because the protein is so good for you but since I'm trying to lose weight I care!! My friend just makes fruit smoothies and adds egg whites for protein, you can't taste them and you can buy cartons of egg whites so it's convenient.

Daphne - talking about Christmas now??? I'm just getting used to the warm weather!

Rabbit - it sounds like you did pretty well considering. And that would be so great. I tend to go away and throw caution to the wind which is okay because I don't travel all that often but still not a great idea.

RR - craving fruits and veggies is so great - you're so lucky! And I'm glad you're still feeling well. Keep us posted on everything!

Pryia - WOW! Good for you!

Have a great day,
Elisa

TechAlum 06-03-2002 10:35 AM

Happy Monday Morning,

I think I missed summer, it's back to cool and rainy this week :mad: .

Pyria - CONGRATULATIONS!!! :eek:

GG - I do WW it's a hormonal thing that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but used to be pretty consistant. Good luck with the TV gig.

Rabbit - Welcome back, at least you journaled while away that's a BIG step in the right direction.

Lys - Congrats on the too big clothes!!

DeBrat - Congrats on meeting your June 1 goal!! You are doing great!

Well I did OK this weekend, but not great. Yesterday we walked over to the art fair in town and walked around. It was probably 2-3 miles total, we weren't exercising per se, but at least we were moving :) .

Good Luck to everyone in the coming week!

- Tech :spin:

lizzard_h 06-03-2002 11:14 AM

Good morning all,
I think I finally got all the cravings and binging out of my system -- I had my wings and beer on Saturday and they tasted soooooo good. :devil: If I didn't have some of my other usual pms symptoms this month I'd be worried about these strange food urges I'm having -- I normally don't like wings. Pray for AF's arrival on Tuesday. I'll let RR and LBH have kids for me. :D

I had a great weekend and Sunday spent 2 hrs in the yard helping DH drag tree limbs to the curb -- hurricane season started so we're getting prepared. Then we blended up a batch of strawberry daquiris and went skinny dipping in our pool. :o It was fun -- we haven't done that in a long time!!

Bailey, how are you? I hope everything is okay. I really miss you. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk. I'm trying to turn things around and get back on track. I've been down on myself for a couple weeks now. Let's do it together. :)

Pry, congrats on the big loss!!! Hopefully you feel all back on track now.

RR, don't you love this time of the year -- fresh strawberries, watermelon, and cantaloupe. I just finished eating a big bowl of melon. I love it too!!

Rabbit, welcome back!! It sounds like you had a busy weekend -- but still had time for laying in the sun. Good for you!!

Dabrat, are you nuts?? How can you even think about Christmas? Are you one of those people who start buying presents in the summertime?

Greekgirl, don't be nervous. Just relax and have fun with it.

Elisa, I don't blame you for splurging -- sounds yummy. I've been off plan for about two weeks and I made the mistake of checking the scales. But today is a new day and I'm kicking my butt into high gear.

Tech, get the weather cleared up soon. I'm heading North to Cleveland and I want to see lots of sunshine.

Well, Lys has me inspired since she's doing so wonderful and losing - I'm very jealous. I know what I'm doing wrong so I guess it's up to me to fix it. Thanks for setting a great example Lys!!!

Hi to everyone that I missed!!

dabrat 06-03-2002 11:49 AM

:lol: :lol: No nononono! I am still laughing at Christmas talk. On another thread I post on someone said it is only 6 months until Christmas.:lol: I will post more later after my walk and cats vet cisit. Have a nice day! Daphne

Rabbit 06-03-2002 02:46 PM

hi everyone!

Had an op yesterday - woohoo - glad to be home. Dh was sick last week & now I think I'm getting it - bummer.:p

Dabrat - I was just glad to have the energy & the time to get the stuff done. ~ My dh has a birthday coming up too!

Greek - nope I'm not going to get stressed - it'll all get done eventually. ~ 1 pound/week is great!:)

Elisa - I felt that way shopping for a dress for sd's graduation - it was rather depressing.

Tech - an art fair sounds fun!:D

Liz - that yard work is good exercise! ~ Good luck getting back on track - you can do it!

gotta run.

Rabbit
OP since 6/2/02

RoadRunner 06-03-2002 05:40 PM

Hello all!!!!Had a yucky nauseating day..but better now!!!I had blackberry yogurt and a granola bar for breakfast, pear and vege pizza for lunch..watermelon for snack and will have corn cooked with tons of onions, buttter beans and a fresh tomato for supper.Having trouble with protein...I guess I will cook fish....I am taking my iron pilll soo I guess I will work on that...

Daphne-I was a size 1 when I met DH(1/2000-5/2001)...I am only 5'1 and I weighed 110lbs...My healthier weight is 120 and I feel great!!!Since my first pg,(lossed the baby in Jan) I got up to 130 lbs then lost a few and now I am back at that weight at 12 weeks pg...I dont see the size 1 in the future any way soon!!!!!:dizzy: I am thinking healthy..gaining healthy and will worry about the booty after child birth!!!!Christmas????YEAH!!!I am due Dec 19 soo I am all for it being here!!!!!:smug:

Liz-Yeah on the skinny dipping!!!!Maybe one time in my life!!!

Have a great one all!!!!
Vicki

Juldiet 06-03-2002 08:27 PM

I'm home, we had a great show but it was the first really hot weekend of the year - we drank tons of water and still felt like we were going to fall over in a faint. I'll weigh in the morning.
We have this next weekend home then we leave next wednesday for Cleveland (Shaker Heights) OH.

Laundry calls, jul

Rabbit 06-04-2002 11:23 AM

hello.

Well, I am sick. :p Darnit.

RR - glad you are feeling better. :)

Jul - nice to have you home! Get that laundry caught up.

Rabbit
OP since 6/2/02

LBH 06-04-2002 02:05 PM

Hi All,

Just thought I'd check in and let you all know I'm still alive...barely! :( I'm in a perpetual state of nausea, but have not gotten sick. If I thought it would make me feel better, I would probably stick my finger down my throat. Have stocked up on nuts (hope cashews work, I don't really like almonds), lemon candies, and pretzels. I pretty much have the many small meals vs. big meals down pat.

I'm pretty tired because I can't sleep straight through the night, because I'm used to sleeping on my stomach and I can't because my bbs are too sensitive! UGH, I'm whining...sorry.

I don't have the time or energy (been slacking at work too) to respond to everyone, but I have been reading.

lizzard_h 06-05-2002 08:30 AM

Happy humpday everyone,
Yesterday I had a crazy frustrating day at work and went home and opened a bottle of wine and drank the whole thing by myself -- I didn't mean too but it just tasted really good. :) I actually got a ton of things done around the house last night too. Go figure? Then this morning came and I woke up feeling yucky -- headache and dehydrated. Why oh why? I still made it to the gym and ended up having one of my best runs ever.

My scale is still stuck at 161 but AF has arrived (thank goodness!!!) and I'm eating better so hopefully I'll see some movement soon. I'd really love to be down 15 lbs by the end of the month for my vacation but I'd have to get my jaws wired shut in order to do that. :D Oh well, I'll just be happy to get back down to 157 where I was just a month ago.

Hi everyone!!!!!!!