3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30-Something's Daily Chat: Thursday, 3/5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/166101-30-somethings-daily-chat-thursday-3-5-a.html)

butterflywings34 03-05-2009 09:28 AM

30-Something's Daily Chat: Thursday, 3/5

Good morning, I didnt see this started yet this morning so I did.
Hope everyone is having a good morning. Not much going on today just working. It's finally suppose to be nice today in temp wise. I will take 40 degrees!! :carrot:
Its getting closer to spring!!

squeak351 03-05-2009 10:38 AM

Yeah for spring! It's my favorite time of the year! We are supposed to be in the 50's today and around 68 tomorrow! :carrot:

Today has been rough so far. Lots of sick kids in the clinic today ( school nurse) and I have sent quite a few home already. I was late getting breakfast today so I just grabbed something, which was not healthy, a cinnamon roll (w hat was I thinking?? ) now I am starving and feel like I could chew my arm off. What happened to making better choices? Tonight DD and I are going to go get my parrot some seed and since it's about 30 miles away we always stop at our favorite resturant, Chinese.

I do have my plan for Chinese and I do pretty good there even though it's buffet. I load my plate with 1/2 cup white rice, then beef and broccoli, some BBQ chicken and a cup of wonton soup. The salt will probably bloat me up so I'll be drinking lots of water for the next couple of days. lunch today will be lite, a salad with some grilled chicken and a WW roll.

That's my plan, I feel like if I say it "outloud" I stick to it better. :D

Anyone have any plans for the weekend? Tomorrow I am going to help my sister with the horses and clearing away brush to build a fence. Saturday going to look for a new kitchen table with DH. Nothing exciting for me, although I am pumped about getting a new table. I've never had a new one, always a hand me down!!

Beth

bindersbee 03-05-2009 11:51 AM

My day is spotty today. Just got back from the Dr. with my boy- eczema flare up. It seems like I've got something going on every hour today and none of them take much time but because the activities are spread out is sucks up my day.

I WILL be working out at the gym today though! They have a kids' fitness class where the kids play games etc. All three of mine are available to go to that today which means I can work out while they are there.

GainingWeightInLa 03-05-2009 12:18 PM

Hi ladies! I'm sitting at work, obviously not getting my work done because I'm here. :lol: Good thing I married my boss, I guess. hehe

I rewarded myself yesterday....with an all you can eat buffet (ryan's). Not a very smart thing to do, I guess, but I did it. Today will be probably very light in eating, so I'm def. not stressing about it. I didn't do horribly bad last night...had grilled fish, salad, roll, green beans, seasoned fries (that was bad) and a very small piece of carrot cake that my daughter ate most of the icing off of before I got it. :shrug: Could have definitely been much worse....I really wanted some sausage, some pizza, a couple cookies, a bigger piece of cake, plus a whole bunch of other junk....so I came away very full and feelin' as decent as I could coming away from an all you can eat buffet!

We've got 3 acres in the mountains in Arkansas that we're going to work on clearing this weekend.....should be relaxing, but tiring being up there. Hopefully I'll work off some pounds! :yay: I'm looking forward to being up there with family. That's about all we have planned for the weekend.

Have a WONDERFUL day ladies!!!!

SamanthaJubilee 03-05-2009 12:27 PM

Good morning ladies.

I'm not have a great day today! :(

Finally got my blood test results and I am pre-diabetic. :?:

Good news so far today...I didn't get pulled over (twice) even though I was speeding. :^:

Doctor said to eat 1200 calories/day & get in aerobic type exercise. :carrot: So I think I will do this dance :carrot: & hope for the best. :D

I go back in Tuesday for further testing. Wish me luck!

I am 222 and no matter what I have been doing I can't seem to lose weight. :mad:

SamanthaJubilee 03-05-2009 12:29 PM

oh & the doctor suggested I take Alli. I'm a little nervous about taking it.

Just thought you might find this funny.

Alli Side Effects In Layman's Terms
by Jeff Kay
Alli is a new over-the-counter weight-loss pill which, predictably enough, has proven to be a massive best-seller from the moment it became available. The drug, manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, reportedly works by blocking the absorption of excess fats by the body. And folks are waddling, not walking, to their local drug stores for a chance to start on the Alli "program."

As is the case with most drugs, Alli comes with a risk of certain side effects. Or, as they're known on the company website, treatment effects.

A person is reportedly limited to 15 grams of fat per meal, and if they go over (or even if they don't), there's a significant chance they'll find themselves out behind a shopping center somewhere, crying and clutching a wad of horrifyingly soiled undergarments, searching for a place to ditch it.

As best as I can tell, anyway...

Since a lot of this stuff is couched in language that is technically truthful, but very carefully worded, I've taken it upon myself to go through the list of side (treatment) effects and warnings, and translate it all into layman's terms.

I'm no scientist or doctor, and don't pretend to have any special knowledge. I'm just a person who's fairly good with words and reading between the lines... The highlighted phrases below are direct quotes from the Alli website, with my translations in between.

Undigested fat cannot be absorbed and passes through the body naturally. The excess fat is not harmful. In fact, you may recognize it in the toilet as something that looks like the oil on top of a pizza.

Here the drug makers are trying to soothe the nerves of the skeptical fatty, by speaking their language. Pizza is something fatties understand, and a big part of the reason they’re interested in Alli to begin with. Pizza is good, pizza is reassuring… even when it’s flowing from your *** like molten lava.

The website mentions seeing the undigested fat in a toilet, but that’s clearly a best case scenario. You might also see it on the tops of your shoes, across the hood of a car, or way up the shower curtain, near the loops.

The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes, known as treatment effects.

Bowel changes. Notice how they phrase that? It means stuff will be happening the likes of which you could never have imagined. It’ll be like a daily Dean Koontz novel inside your underwear.

You may get:

gas with oily spotting

You’ll be farting Wesson oil straight through your Dockers…

loose stools

and having violent chipped beef explosions...

more frequent stools that may be hard to control

all the time, with a sphincter that can no longer be counted as a friend.

Eating a low-fat diet lowers the chance of these bowel changes. Limit fat intake in your meals to an average of 15 grams.

The McDonald’s Big Mac has 34 grams of fat, and the Burger King Whopper has 40. Eat either of these while taking Alli, and you’ll very likely be transformed into a diarrhea cannon.

Learning how to manage treatment effects is an important part of being successful with alli. Here's how to take control:

Start trimming fat from your diet now, even before you begin taking alli. Then pick a day to begin taking alli, such as a weekend day so you can stay close to home if you experience a treatment effect. Make the timing work for you. If you're getting ready to travel or attend a social event, hold off on starting with alli until the event is over

Blowing liquid feces down a row of bridesmaids, for instance, could be viewed negatively in certain circles. Further, an unexpected bout of the power-squirts while riding “The Bullet” at the county fair might not ingratiate you with your friends. Or anyone on the fairway. Or the folks in the parking lot walking to their cars.

While no one likes experiencing treatment effects, they might help you think twice about eating questionable fat content. If you think of it like that, alli can act like a security guard for your late-night cravings

You see, when you think about it, ****ting yourself is actually a positive.

You can't "save fat grams" from lunch and "spend them" at dinner. Spread your daily fat gram allowance of 15 grams on average per meal over the whole day

Cheating can lead to embarrassment, tears, and the introduction of a frantically constructed toilet paper crack-wedge in the bathroom of an Applebee's. It’s simply not worth it.

You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work

Until you get the hang of it, you should probably take along a rolling suitcase full of brown clothes everywhere you go, while taking Alli. Luckily, however, turd-colored clothing is in this season; turd is the new vomit.

If co-workers ask about it, there is no shame in telling the truth. You might be surprised how understanding folks can be if you simply say, “I dress like this to conceal the poop that's constantly soaking through the seat of my pants.”

You may not usually get gassy, but it's a possibility when you take alli. The bathroom is really the best place to go when that happens

Showboating is not recommended.

You can use a food journal to recognize what foods can lead to treatment effects. For example, writing down what you eat may help you learn that marinara sauce is a better option than Alfredo sauce

In addition to a handcart full of extra pants designed to camouflage your anal leakage, it might also be a good idea to carry a schematic and information wheel, so you don't repeat past mistakes and have a treatment effect halfway up your back.

I hope this information has proven to be valuable.

GainingWeightInLa 03-05-2009 12:45 PM

Bindersbee, you started your ticker at about the same weight that I am now...how long did it take you to get to onederland? I'm very anxious......hoping to be there by June 1st. I'd need to lost between 1.5 and 2 lbs per week to get there by then......gonna be close...only 13 weeks away.

squeak351 03-05-2009 01:51 PM

Samantha! The only good news about being prediabetic is that you can change that. Eating right, excercising, losing weight that all will put the brakes on diabetes.

As far as Alli goes...ick. First of all it used to be called Xenical and was given only by prescription in a stronger dose. I took it when it first came out. I didn't read about the side effects. I will never, ever even think about taking that stuff again, even if they lowered the dose and changed the name of it. The bloating and gas, horrible. Oily discharge, and not trying to be gross of give TMI but it's like the grease that floats on the top of some really oily chili. When I would try to bend over to take care of a patient I would pass gas. and you CAN'T hold it in. If you have to poot, it just comes out, if you have to Poop, that will come out too. The last straw was when I was leaving work one night and I thought I was going to poot only I did much more. Thankfully I was getting into my car at the time. So no more of that stuff. Since then I have done a little research on it and have found several studies that have shown increased risk of colon cancer in rats. Of course rats aren't humans and it's not been around long enough for any kind of study on humans and cancer just yet but still speaking from my perspective I wouldn't take it.

You can lose weight with diet and exercise but you have to commit to it. I know I am the worst about losing a little bit, then I hit a bump in the road and fall off the wagon but when you reach the point when you've decided enough of is enough. You will be committed enough to do it without the use of something that may make you poop on your self.

Beth

SamanthaJubilee 03-05-2009 02:03 PM

Squeak - Thanks for the info. The problem is that I'm eating right and exercising and the weight just isn't coming off.
I gave the doctor the very same points you presente (did you read the funny excerpt I put in?)
He told me to only take one pill a day and if I don't eat over 15g of fat per meal I shouldn't have the problems.

I'm still hesitant though. I know that right now with all the stress I'm going through I'm not strong enough to stick to any specifics. I do want to lose weight and I am willing to try my very best, but I will have days where I will give in. That doesn't mean I'm going to give up, but I will cave and have my greasy fatty cheese enchiladas...no I can't eat them all the time, but I should be able to enjoy the foods I LOVE and not feel horrible about eating them within reason (smaller portions/somewhat healthier options).

SamanthaJubilee 03-05-2009 02:05 PM

Oh, the other stress (in addition to the diabetes) is that I have to have an ultrasound due to the uteran fibroids my doctor found at my last appointment.
See...this is why I don't go to the doctor! (yes I know, I sound like a guy!)

GainingWeightInLa 03-05-2009 02:40 PM

I took it when it was xenical (Rx)....I restricted my fat intake and I didn't have any problems.....yeah, when I had a bowel movement, the grease floated on the top of the water and sometimes if I passed gas, a little of that oily discharge got on my underwear.....but it's good incentive to stay on the straight and narrow (that's my crooked way of looking at it anyway!) Didn't know that about the cancer in rats though.....that's certainly something to consider. I feel relatively safe that if it was used short term, though, that you're cancer risk would be very minimal (probably have much more of a chance of getting lung cancer from second hand smoke, I would think). If you're watching your fat intake, I wouldn't think you'd have a lot to worry about...I've been considering taking it again....just haven't wanted to spend the money.

Samantha, I had a hysterectomy in July 07--best thing I EVER did. I had stage 4 endometriosis ("frozen pelvis"--my endo was SOOO bad that it had stuck all my intestines, colon, bladder, ureters together....I was a MESS in there!!) They did a clean sweep (Took everything)....I'm a different person now! After the initial instant menopause (which were basically hot flashes for about 6-12 months), the only other negative effect I'm still dealing with is the fact that I'm having difficulty finding a deodorant that works sufficiently. It changes your whole body...even where I gain weight changed. I think I've found a new deodorant that's going to work for me.....summertime will tell the true story! :eek: If you can talk your Dr. in to it and you're done with kids, I highly recommend it!

SamanthaJubilee 03-05-2009 05:37 PM

I'm just still trying to figure out how I'm gonna survive eating only 1200 calories per day. LOL

RangerChic 03-05-2009 11:24 PM

Hi everyone! This week has been a tough one for me energy-wise. I think last weekend's convention got me a bit. My workout this morning was not as good as I usually am at all. I think I'm going to give myself a bit of a break for tomorrow's workout and do the BL Yoga. Maybe that will help. :)