Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Diet buddies Feb 09

Hi diet buddies!
February it is! hope we all had a nice january.

I'm off to a good start. i've had 2 good lap swimming workouts and today i signed up for a personal trainer I have my first session next tues.
my weight is down just a little. i have a really good feeling about this being my year to lose weight and get healthy again.

my goal for this month is to keep up my swimming 2 days/week, continue on with tweaking my diet, add in weight training 3 days per week, and the personal trainer guy suggested one more cardio session per week to get me up into my training heart rate zone, or whatever you call it. so maybe, just maybe i'll step onto a stationary machine one day per week. (ugh)

I hope to post some weight loss soon here. any day now, i can feel it!

:

P.S.
thanks for all the support, you've all really helped me stick with this! It's been about 6 years since i was at a healthy weight and i've been struggling in all those years since.

Last edited by kaebea; 02-04-2009 at 05:03 PM.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Shew....its been a hideous couple of weeks for me, but Im back and raring to go! Been making great choices in the grocery store, maybe not so many great choices when it comes to portion control, but I am on the right path!
Friday our Boxer Puppy gets her last round of shots and is free to roam so we are going to take her walking every day after work for 30 minutes, so i am sure that will make a difference in my weight! Loving munching on my carrots and green peppers during work!
Hope everyone is doing well!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #3  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi there buddies! So good to hear that you are on your way to your goals...slow and steady wins the race!!

I am still doing calorie counting on TDP, and working out at least 2 times a week...I am trying to do this every other day, but life is busy! I am well on my way to my goal, and this little thought in the back of my mind tells me to push my 150 to 140. What I think I will do is just keep it at 150, and then rejoice at each pound below 150 that I go!!

Encouragement to all!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #4  

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited and nervous at the same time, tomorrow my DH and I start a strict regime of walking the dog EVERY day......she is a Boxer, and to get her to be a nice even tempered dog she needs exercise every day, so we have both decided it will do us and her good to walk her....starting out with 30 minute walks tomorrow....the reason that I am nervous is that I have bad knees and am asthmatic, so i am afraid I may lose my breath or start to hurt before the 30 minutes are through, and I REALLY WANT THIS!
If for some reason I cant do 30 minutes at first, I may just do 15 minutes for the first couples weeks, work up to 30, and then main goal is one hour a day. Wish me luck, Im sure it will do wonders for my weight loss!

Hope everyone is doing well, the weather is supposed to get strangely warm here the next week or so, right now the temp is 11, so lots of melted snow is coming our way!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #5  
Meredith

Jenn---You can do it! Start slow, don't over-do, and you will be able to work up to your goal!
Old 02-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #6  
Spud On The Run

S/C/G: 186/179.5/154

Height: 5'9

Definitely work up to it. I have fibromyalgia along with some mechanical problems and also have two dogs. I started by walking about 15 mins a day then increased it to 20 mins and so on. I am now walking my dogs an hour a day and feeling great, but it did take a while to reach that point.

I am sure that if you take it slow and steady you will achieve your goals. Also your boxer is going to love all that exercise.
Riayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #7  

Thanks guys, the encouraging words helped me get motivated to strap on the shoes and get out there more than you could know!!!!
I didnt get to walk Saturday, but i made sure that we walked Sunday, and even though my asthma acted up a little, it felt GREAT! Josie loved it too! We did about 20 minutes and Im so excited about it! (also the fact that my weirdo scales I THINK are telling me I am down a pound!)
Goal for the week, walk at least 5 times this week and drink more water!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Y'all seem to be doing great. I'm new here with lots of energy to get started. I joined WW online Saturday and I look forward to seeing results real sson. I also have a Wii Fit and some exercise DVD's that I will be using along with walking too. I look forward to seeing and reading everyones stories and what is working for them.
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hey everyone! I have been off of here for a while trying to get my ducks in a row. I am having a heck of a time yo-yoing with the same 10 lbs. I just cannot seem to get under 270! Every time I think I am, I'm up 4 lbs. So, I have ordered the biggest loser 30 day jumpstart book to use along with counting calories so I can eat more balanced. I was having alot of pain on my left side, especially when I was working out and my doctor discovered I have an ovarian cyst (nice, let me tell ya) and have been dealing with that.
I am feeling pretty good over all, just irritated that I have a cyst. I'm on a BC pill in the hopes of shrinking it and I'm really hoping that it works. I HATE being on the pill. I have IBS and it really aggrivates my symptoms.

I hope all of you are having a good day!!!
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #10  
Meredith

Hi buddies! Looks like we are all motivated and ready to WORK!!

I have just gotten a 12 week training schedule for walking a half-marathon with another teacher here at school. It is a 2-day off a week schedule, so I have been walking every day. Hoping to take off on Friday and Sunday! I am a little nervous about the 8 and 10 mile walks, but hopefully I will be up to it when the time comes!

Tomorrow will definitely be hard for me...it is the Valentine's party at school...and all of the sweets are so hard to resist! Gotta do it! (Maybe I will bring in some fruit or hard candy to get my sweet fix!) The thing is, it has been so long since I have had a LOT of sweets at once, I would probably be sick if I had a binge!! He he, I sound like an alcoholic!

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's day, and a great weekend!!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #11  

AHHHHHHHHHH so well with this big wind storm that came through yesterday we didnt get to walk with the dog, but I am happy to say that it seems I am losing weight! Loving my carrots and peppers for a light snack, gotten to the point i dont even mind eating them without being dosed in a dressing or a dip! Now if I can just stop overeating when bored/stressed Ill be good to go.
Going to an Italian restaurant for Valentines day, so I am determined to stay low on calories until I get there, and staying away from the movie popcorn as well (We are going to see Friday the 13th on Saturday as well)
Hope everyone has a great Valentine's day and a wonderful weekend, been pretty swamped at work so hard to get on here, also my DH crashed our computer at home. I am working an event tonite so Im here til 10pm....Cant wait to eat what the caterer is preparing, LOL
Old 02-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

hi buddies,
glad to see everyone still working at it!

I've been doing good at not binging and not eating candy and junk food, and i know that is a huge step for me, but i'm still getting frustrated for not loosing poundage.
I did see a personal trainer at the gym on weds, as planned, and my goal is to go again after work and do my routine she had set up for me. yay

So amber, i feel ya. but it looks like you've come a long way so don't get discouraged! i completely understand about not wanting to be on BCP's, i will have 20 children before i will ever consider taking one of those again
The ovarian cysts could be part of the trouble for those stubborn pounds, but remember, it is possible! baby steps, small changes, everything counts!

Meredeth, bring in some fresh strawberries perhaps? my advise, don't even touch the candy, it's best not to even have that first bite! Remember, you can add it back into your diet eventually, but for now, just pretend candy doesn't exist! all in good time, all in good time...

jenn, we got that storm too! i couldn't even get to sleep, some still undiscovered piece of something was banging against the fence at every gust of wind! I even ran out side in the wee hours to pick up some debris and secure it, but obviously i did not grab the noise making thing.
glad the dog walkings going well!
have you tried hummus dip with your veggies?

well, keep up the hard work girls, and frank if you are still out there,
kb
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #13  
Meredith

We got the windstorm, too, but no damage was done, just a couple of scared kids...

I am happy to say that I have not had one single piece of candy today!! It doesn't even sound good to me!!! Yippee! Happy Valentine's Day!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #14  

Happy Tuesday everyone! Had a long and productive weekend! Made excellent food choices, when I didnt get to go out and walk I did some stretching and lifted my small weights, and even made an apple crisp with no oil or butter (used applesauce)
I went to get an ad bulletin today, and passed by the cappucino maker and came to work and grabbed my bottle of water. Im bound and determined to lose at least 10 lbs by my birthday ! wish me luck!
I hope everyone is doing great and staying motivated! Spring is getting near and we all need to embrace it! :-)
Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

hey everyone!
i've been so busy this week. the girl scout cookies have arrived and i have been delivering them-GETTING THEM OUT OF MY HOUSE-all week. now my kids are both sick. my daugher has the flu even though she had the flu shot. my son just has a very nasty cold. i'm very excited because next weekend my hubby and i will be going camping! i have never been and he grew up camping (Eagle Scout) and we will be going alone. we will be joining a group of adults getting girl scout camping trained. i cannot wait!
i'm thinking of buying a gowear fit or a body bugg. does anyone here have any experience? i'd love to learn more, like if it is worth the investment.
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote