You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Cannonball - The Breeders
    One Week - Barenaked Ladies
    Sedated - The Ramones
    Gloria - Laura Brannigan
    Mysterious Ways - U2
    Veronica - Elvis Costello
    This was fun because I listen to the same playlist everytime I run, but it is hard to remember what songs I have on it. I also have some songs by NOFX and the Yeahs Yeahs Yeahs, but i can't remember the titles. I love me and Julio and I think I am going to add it to my list. Thank you for reminding me of it!!
  • The Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated" has helped me up many a hill in my neighborhood.

Blondie's "Call Me" is similarly propulsive. And the Ting Tings' "Shut Up and Let Me Go." (I really like the latter, though I'm a bit embarrassed about that because I fell in love with it while hearing it in the Apple commercial. I feel like a capitalist tool ...)
  • Quote: The Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated" has helped me up many a hill in my neighborhood.
    I thought I was the only one who ran to that song...it is strangely appropo when I am running!!
  • I have a workout mix of 'Pocket Full of Sunshine' and 'U and UR Hand' by Pink. They have been sped up a little but are fun to shake it to- OH! That's another one 'Shake It' by Metro Station.
  • I am assuming you are in your 30's since you posted under 30's as Am I(33).So I hope these are helpful
    Eye Of the tiger
    Any acdc song(there all more or less cool)
    skidrow~slave to the grind
    Cindi's~ Girls Just wanna have fun(yep she's the coolest!)
    Burning down the house(so cool)
    Warrant~Down Boys
    S.O.S Rhianna(Not from our time but from the now~Awesome song!)
    Ice ice baby! vanilla Ice(Yes I Like that song! HA)
    U can't touch this~mc hammer(yes I like that one too LOL!)
    I like big butts~LOL A FAVORITE OF MINE!(It's funny to me to do my walking too)~oh my God Becky Look at her Butt It's so Big!(hahahahaha Just the beginning Of the song for those who don't know!)
    WALK THIS WAY~Aerosmith~
    Firehouse~Don't treat Me bad
    Marky mark~Good Vibration
    I've got the Power(another good song from our era)
    Love shack~b52's
    barracuda~heart

Just to name a few.

( I know my list is a bit corny LOL But hey it works for me.I thought you might see one you forgot about from our era LOL )Sorry for typing errors I am in a hurry
  • Lori! Awesome songs!
  • Quote: Lori! Awesome songs!

LOL
  • My MP3 player is loaded with all kinds of stuff.

Kanye-almost everything from Graduation
    Beyonce
    Keri Hilson
    Common
    Run DMC
    Salt n Pepa
    Missy Elliott
    Michael McDonald-Keep Forgettin (love him!)
    Hall and Oates
    Temptations-alot of Motown
    Janet Jackson
    Prince
    Britney Spears-Toxic and Circus album
    80s Madonna
    Pat Benatar
    -Actually, almost everything from the 80s
  • Super Massive Black Hole by Muse (from the Twilight soundtrack!)
  • 3oh!3 (band) i like their music..
    eat you up-BoA
    i dunno what else

I listen to anything dance
  • Well don't laugh but some of the best songs I find to work out to are from the High school Musical soundtracks...especially...Get your head in Game and Fabulous and I want it all!
  • Hi-These are fantastic songs! I love to listen to:

Led Zepplin-anything, really
    Queen
    KT Tunstall
    Kansas-Onward Wayward Son
    Van Halen-Dreams
    Van Halen-Right Now
    Numa Numa, Dragostea Din Te
    This sounds stupid-Rocky III and IV soundtrack

I have more-I need to get my itunes up and I'll post more later. I like these since they are upbeat and most of them are very motivating to work out to. I'll definitely have to add new ones that have been posted here!!
  • I got itunes cards for my birthday and have been filling my MP3 player (bare bones simple - an ipod shuffle), with only music with a fast tempo - mostly (I know this is a bit weird) irish and scottish war and drinking songs.

I'm a bit of a freak for irish/scottish/celtic/gaelic music - I even have a fair amount in Gaelic (which I don't understand). I like everything from New Age instrumentals to traditional folk songs to rock and punk.

The Pogues, Skels, Tossers, Real McKenzies, Dropkick Murphy, Black 47 (irish rock and punk bands) are an obvious choice, but the traditional marching (war or rebel) songs and many drinking songs have a heartpumping beat too.
  • Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance" is my new fav.
  • I like a bit of everything as long as it has a good, fast beat. I like alot of 80's music. When I led group PT, I played alot of Weird Al and caught alot of grief for it.

Some I have on my MP3 player right now:
    So What by Pink,
    Barbie Girl by Aqua,
    Rock Me Amadeus by Falco,
    Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne,
    Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd,
    When I Hear Music by Trinere,
    Jump by Chris Cross,
    Belly of the Whale by the Newsboys,
    Pirates who Don't Do Anything (rock version from Veggie Tales Jonas Movie)
    Billy Jo MacGuffry (also from Veggie Tales)

Now don't laugh, but the song that gets me across the finish line for my 1.5 mile timed run is Best of Both Worlds...the Hannah Montanah theme song...very corny I know, but it has the right tempo.