3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30-Something Daily Chat, Tuesday, 3/3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/165918-30-something-daily-chat-tuesday-3-3-a.html)

SapphireBlue 03-03-2009 10:07 AM

30-Something Daily Chat, Tuesday, 3/3

I see no one has started this thread, so I will. Goodmorning everyone.

You know when spouses say things that are not helpful. My spouse is guilty of that yesterday. Grrrr!:rollpin:

I posted yesterday that I had lost 5 pounds last week. I was so excited. I told my spouse when we were eating dinner. He said, “It’s just water weight.” I didn’t say anything, but secretly I wanted to stab him with my fork.

He is a big guy himself that would really benefit weightloss himself. Maybe he’s feeling a little insecure. Either way, I am not going to allow insecure people to stall my progress.

butterflywings34 03-03-2009 10:58 AM

Sometimes men can say dumb stuff! Dont let it bother you, you need to lose weight for you not him. Keep up what your doing!! :carrot:

Today is going to be a long day at work..:( At least the sun is out today! :)
It is suppose to get to 40 by Thursday!!!
I have been eating good but the scale is not moving. I have been going to the gym everyday and working out for at least 45 min. I dont know what to do.
I hope everyone has a great day today, sorry I just needed to vent a little.

SamanthaJubilee 03-03-2009 12:08 PM

Yes, men can be really dumb sometimes! UGH!

Mine is being a pain about helping me get a good deal on the membership. I want to join a gym and have been going back and forth between two gyms in my area. They both offer pretty much the same thing (in regards to what I am looking for). I did a trial run at one gym and I liked it for the most part, but it was the gym that offered the lowest rate & you could tell by some of the people in there. There were lots of younger thuggish looking people in there. In the parking lot there was a lot of activity that caused me to feel a little uneasy. The other gym is about 3x as much, but at one point I was offered a lower rate & should have took it but I was talked out of it. Trying ot be cautious of the $ I spend each month. I haven' been able to visit that gym & get an idea of who really goes there & what it's like. I want a safe place to work out. I have a treadmill & recumbant bike at home, but the electronics on them do not work so I have no idea how far I've gone or anything else. So, it is a mental road block for me.
We've tried to play tennis at the courts, but it seems some punks are constantly tearing stuff up in there and we can't play for one reason or another. It is too dark for me to walk at the tracks. UGH!!! I hate doing aerobics & I bought a Barry's Boot Camp system, but I really don't like using it. What's a girl to do???

Other than that...the sun is shining...the tank is clean (LOL)

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...ne268/NEMO.jpg

PearFreak 03-03-2009 01:24 PM

Howdy Ladies!!! :drill:

Busy, busy here today. Cccccold too. Brrrr, I am starting to really not like the cold.:brr: Not like I have a choice, seeing as I live in the four seasons. So I'll just whine a bit until it is Spring and I can wear less layers. :beach:

I lost my last pound. ... met my goal!!!! :goodscale Yippie!!! Finally, finally, finally. :broc: :broc:

Men, men, men... can't live with them, can't live without them. LOL! :frypan: :kickbutt:

Love the Nemo picts, Samantha :)

Well off to grab some lunch. Talk later... :wave:

LBH 03-03-2009 03:15 PM

Hi All! :wave:

Pear!! CONGRATS!!! How exciting!

Uh yeah, DH's really are D-Dumb sometimes! :lol3: Mine tries to be supportive, but sometimes it's just wrong. :rolleyes:

Have a good one all!

GatorgalstuckinGA 03-03-2009 08:42 PM

evening all..been worn out since i'm working by myself this week (other dr is at a conference). So we've been pretty busy.

sapphire-just except men are stupid and say stupid things occasionally. but that being said..hopefully down the road he will be more supportive. I have a few days off next week..we're heading down to Baton rouge to visit my hubbs grandmom (she's doing poorly) and then shooting over to my parents in the panhandle. will be nice to have a few days off...even if i'm driving part of it LOL

pear-congrats..great work!!!

hey to everoyone...hope eveyrone is well.

Mollz 03-03-2009 08:59 PM

Pear: congrats on reaching your goal. WOOHOO! :woohoo:

It's lovely outside, and hot. :sunny: Ah, the perfect day to get my lawns done! I'd leave them for hubby, but the grass is getting high enough to tickle my ankles.

Had a major/minor victory on the scales this morning- 90.8 (um... 199.8lb) but only down .2kg from a week ago (and I worked my tuku off for that .2!!). So under 200 (yay!), and at the risk of sounding negative we'll see how long it stays off. I've got a dinner date with a friend on Friday and one with hubby when he gets back from Melbourne on Saturday.

Off to do a bit of studying- Latin, Roman history, Medieval history (yes, I'm a student!).

Cheers.
Mollie :boxing:

PearFreak 03-03-2009 09:21 PM

THanks for the cheers everyone on meeting my goal. I really want to loose a few more lbs., but am going to see how things go from here on out... see if I plateau or loose?!? I've changed my way of living... gym, foods etc. and plan to stick to it, make it a life long feat and not just a small phase that shall pass. So hopefully things go in the positive and stay that way too.

Good luck everyone!!! You can do it... I'll be rooting you on... I am not going anywheres. I am here to stay.

rileyozzy 03-03-2009 09:43 PM

YAY Pear!!!!!! :flow1:

I haven't been running lately. I think I am just too tired and the rain doesn't help. I did eat well today though so that is a definite plus.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

busybeingborn 03-03-2009 10:36 PM

Hey all! New here! I am a thirtysomething (barely). Congrats, Pear, that is awesome!

squeak351 03-04-2009 01:02 PM

I'm a little late but wanted to say

"CONGRATS!" Pear on meeting your goal... :carrot:

:D:D:D:D:D

Beth