Old 02-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #1  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

Default Deep Breath

Hi everyone! I'm a 36 year old sahm with 4 boys. I'm a former dancer, and I've struggled with body image and food issues for a very very long time. I have about 60 pounds to lose, to get my body back to a place that I would feel comfortable. I'm currently 195 (the largest I have ever been) and I think I would be happy around 135 (I'm 5'3".)

Mainly, I lack motivation. Life circumstances over the past few years have turned me somewhat into a hermit, and I have no one in real life that I feel comfortable enough with to discuss these types of things. My husband is supportive but he doesn't really "get it."

Wow... typing that out makes me sound like a hot mess! lol Anyways, I look forward to getting to know some of you.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #2  
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Height: 5'6"

Glad you are here DD. Can't wait to get to know you better. Good luck on your journey and we are all here to support and cheer you on!
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203 / 171 / 133

Height: 64"

You don't sound like a hot mess to me -- you sound like me! Everyone here does get it, and that helps a lot.
RMatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Daydreamer! Congrats on making it here!! Tell us all your troubles, that's what we're here for!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I, too, am 5'3 and started at 181 and have lost 39 lbs. now. 135 is my next goal weight and it has been a long journey for me. I am not a sahm, but I have two girls and live a pretty busy life so finding the motivation and time has been a struggle. I have friends who are supportive, but no one to run with. I wish I had a work out buddy.

Anyway, this site has been a huge influence on me and I don't think I could have lost the last 25 without it.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hi there, Daydreamer. I am so glad you are here. You sound like you landed in the right place. I don't have a ton of support in real life either which is why I come here. I either feel uncomfortable discussing my new lifestyle TOO much with those in real life. Some of my close friends are large and don't want to discuss diet and exercise regimens and I TOTALLY get that. Hubby is very supportive of me though. He is my angel sent from God I am certain.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #7  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Thanks everyone! I am feeling REALLY motivated to lose weight this time. I would LOVE to be able to take my kids to the beach this summer, without feeling ashamed of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyozzy View Post
I, too, am 5'3 and started at 181 and have lost 39 lbs. now. 135 is my next goal weight and it has been a long journey for me. I am not a sahm, but I have two girls and live a pretty busy life so finding the motivation and time has been a struggle. I have friends who are supportive, but no one to run with. I wish I had a work out buddy.

Anyway, this site has been a huge influence on me and I don't think I could have lost the last 25 without it.

Where in CA are you?
Old 02-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #8  

Something that's really been helping me with motivation is 3fc. The 30 somethings forum is a great place to get support. I also like to read the maintainers forum so I can learn to adopt their attitudes NOW. The folks there have lost 30-200 pounds and are KEEPING it off. If I want to be like them, I need to see how they do it and they've been great about sharing.

I'm also 36 and a SAHM of 3. Even at times when motivation wanes, I'm learning to adopt the part of the Hypocratic Oath that says "First do no harm". At times I am unmotivated, I try just to stay in the same place. My weigh remained within the same 2 pounds from the end of Oct. to the end of Dec. until I got my second wind. I'm more proud of MAINTAINING the weight loss I'd had up to that point than I am about losing it in the first place.

We're here to support you. Welcome!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I live in Nor Cal. Really nor cal.

I love the "first do no harm" oath. I think I am going to use that one!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #10  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

First do no harm is brilliant!

rileyozzy- I'm in waaaaaay Southern California! I can practically throw a rock into Mexico. lol
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
My husband is supportive but he doesn't really "get it."
ME TOO! I love him to death but it is the same thing. I kind of don't tell him too much anymore. He is on a need to know basis.
badbaum is offline   Reply With Quote