Old 02-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something wkend chat Feb 21/22

Morning all..well i have the weekend off again..yay!!!! its very rare for me to have weekends off. Its suppose to warm up to the uppers 50's today and its sunny so should be a great day. Going to run some errands, then walk the dog up the mountain..then off to ride the pony...then if i have time, work on the back yard before i loose day light. We'll see how much i get done...trying to get motivated to eat healthier...but i think i'm motivated. Off to the store today to get good foods to eat and make this weekend. Time to do some cooking to prep for the week. Hope everyone has a great day!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Lost 2.8 at WI this AM!!! I have no idea how, because it was a horrible week! But I'll take it!

Then I went to the vet to p/u some meds for the mutt that I am overdue picking up. They wouldn't give them to me, they said they need to see him. They saw him last month and nothing has changed and I told them I wasn't bringing him in because I'm not paying for it. So I stormed out of there and told DH it's his job now, I'm never going back there. (Sorry GG!)

So I went from a really GOOD mood, to a really BAD mood! Anyway, I'm going to put my aggravation into some work in the kitchen, it needs a second coat, and DH swore we'd work in there when he gets back from fixing his mom's printer (which probably is just disconnected or something!)

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' y'all! This am at my second WI, I am down 3.4 lbs. Which brings my total to 8.4 lbs in 2 weeks! I guess I must be doing something right. Next week I guess it will begin to be less, I'll take ANYTHING. Have a great weekend!
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #4  

I'm just doing boring house cleaning stuff this morning. This afternoon I might sneek out to the mall with my sister. I *think* I can get size 16's on in the REGULAR department (not 'womens' aka 'fat old lady looking clothes'). They'll probably still be too tight to wear in public BUT I think it will provide the extra motivation I need to keep going. Real clothes in real sizes again. It's been WAYYYY too long!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #5  

no offense taken lauren...unless they tell you why...you have a reason to be annoyed. Did they give you a reason? congrats on the wt loss..

off to walk the mutt up the mountain..bye all!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #6  

good sunday morning to all. Another day off for me and i'm enjoying it...just wish it would warm up. Ugghh i hate the cold. Its very windy out there and chilly. I'm waiting for it to warm up and then i'll go ride my horse. I plan to go to the gym and i have to run some errands. Other than that..nothing really exciting. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

GG, No, the doc (there's only 1) didn't even come out to talk to me. I'm assuming it's because it's been a little over a month since we were there.

Last night I made chicken breast stuffed with baby spinach leaves and laughing cow garlic & herb cheese wedges. It was OK, but all I had was the chicken tenderloins, which are small (about 1.5-2 oz. ea.) I put 6 baby spinach leaves and 1/2 wedge on each, and made 4. I pounded them slightly, just to make them a little bigger. I think they were too thin for the cheese. I ended up eating all 4 of them (about 9 pts. total). DH wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway. So I'll try it again, but with regular chicken breast. I also need some kind of sauce on it, whether it's just broth, or something...any ideas?

Oh, another thing I made for the boys...in case any of you have picky kids like me...I made them each a chicken tenderloin breaded with nacho Doritos! They loved it! My boys eat frozen chicken nuggets, but not if we make regular breaded chicken.

Anyway, have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #8  

that sucks lauren...as a vet if i didn't have time to explain why when you were there..i would at least call you and explain it later that day...i feel as a vet we have to communicate with our clients. There may be a very good reason why they didn't want to administer the meds..but how are you suppose to know that without communications from the vet. I feel its a vets responsibilty to explain everything. That way, you don't get upset about something that may be a very legit reason. I feel if you don't have good client communications..you don't have your clients trust. Trust me..sometimes its a pain in the butt and takes up half your day...but usually it saves a lot of issues down the road. About 60% of legal issues (ie board reviews etc) were due to poor client communications. Sorry to hear that about the meds. Why don't you call and see if you could speak to the vet (at least leave a message and find out why).
as for the ideas for the chicken..how about some chicken broth thickened with just a pinch of flour and rosemary and garlic (or sage and garlic) to flavor the broth. Also as for the breast i would season with salt, pepper, and garlic for a bit before cooking so its not just plain chicken. Give that a shot.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #9  

wow its been quiet in here this weekend LOL. I ended up getting a huge upper body workout. Shoveled 20 loads of mulch around my yard today and then rode my pony. I'm exhausted. I'm going to try to go to bed early so i can attempt to get up and go to the gym before work. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #10  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello My Ladies!!!!

Busy weekend here. Went out with the dh and some friends last night. Total enjoyment. I had some drinks and thought- oh no... more weight gain now. But nope, stayed the same. Phew.

Tomorrow is bright and early to the gym and downing lots of water, as I've neglected it this weekend. Picking out what I want in the garden this summer... kiddos have given me sme great ideas too. I need to research on stopping bunnies from invading it and eating my crops though.

Well a short post, hope everyone else has a wonderful Sunday evening and I'll try and chat tomorrow some time.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:14 AM   #11  

pear..i'm in the process of researching my garden too..i'm actually going to grow most from seeds. you have two solutions for bunnies...either 1. build a fence that you bury in the groun or 2. plant enough for bunnies also. I'm going with option one and building a fence with chicken wire...it will give the cukes something to climb up...the bunnies can eat the leaves if they want to just leave the cukes alone LOL