Old 01-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Somethings Chat ~ Monday, January 19

Mornin' Chickies

Happy Monday to all... No school or work today for DH and kiddies. I fixed a big breakfast for all and it's now time for me to go exercise. Hope that everyone has an excellent day!

Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Got up this morning and DH has the stomach bug so my running plans are put on hold until nap time. It is a cold morning, so I am not totally bummed by this.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #3  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Happy Monday Girlies!!!!!!!

Happy ffff-freezing snowbounded in the house Monday that is . Hubs got up late, so didn't rid the snow we had from overnight, and I really didn't feel like leaving the house either. So we are indoors in the warm comfy house. Maybe going to bake some muffins, oh man do I love me some warm right from the oven muffins... just a pat of butter and Yummy in my tummy!

Todays to do list consists of: cleaning up the bathroom, a load or two of laundry and relaxing (going to read a book) is on the agenda today. May be going out later once dh gets home to the cuz's. Dh has to help him with a snowblower. Lifting it and out of the truck. A tad bit heavy, me thinks.

Well off to get me my bake on...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #4  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

'Mornin', everyone...for a few more minutes, anyway. It's almost noon!

Sorry I've been MIA....'puter has been sickly and at the "hospital" for a week now. I'm sure glad to have it back. I feel out of touch with reality without it....maybe we (my 'puter and me) have an unhealthy relationship?

I'm down a total of 8 lbs, though. Probably more than that...I take a fluid pill for blood pressure and am out of it currently....I know it's only water weight, but my beginning weight was taken ON the meds and the 8 lb loss is off the med. I'm sure it's atleast a 1 lb difference....probably 2 lbs, really, though. Anyway, I'm comin' down with the crud that my family's had. My throat hurts, runny nose, swollen neck glands, feel feverish and achy. Don't be stingey with the sympathy....I need it right now. J/K I'll be okay....although, it takes a good week to week and a half to get over it. Maybe my appetite will vanish with my good health..............one can only hope.

How's everyone else doin' these days? Any major losses in the last week that I missed while I was gone? What about some of our newbies? It always melts away quick right at first....I'll look forward to hearing about it......

Gotta go for now...expectin DH home from work in a few minutes for lunch. Dunno what I'm gonna fix him.....

BBL.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Been feeling a bit under the weather. I not only have the sniffles (and sometimes constant sneezing), but I've had a bit of a stomach ache on and off. Could be a TOM thing, since I'm expecting it anytime now, but not 100% on that. Anyway, it hasn't had me feeling like working out which is not good. I did take a 30-minute walk before dark before though. I was going to do a Biggest Loser workout, but not sure right now since my stomach is bugging me again.
Hope everyone else is feeling okay (sorry about your DH riley, hope he feels better soon), no fun being sick even if its just a cold.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

I don't feel that great either. Bad headache and runy nose. I worked all day and then had to drive home in the ice and snow. Took me an hour instead of the usual 20 minutes. Grrr....

There is a post called Fear of Food in the 30 somethings main menu. I replied this morning before I left for work. I think the OP could use some more responses. She is afraid to eat!! Stop over there if you can and throw in your thoughts.

RC - Feel better girl. When do you start your new job?

Diana - Glad to see you back!!

Pear - Love your posts!! You make me laugh with your use of icons...

Riley - Give DH my regards for a speedy recovery.

Joan - So nice to see you around again! Miss you when you're not here. Ticker is moving along nicely, I see!! LOL

Have a great night ladies. I'm gonna lay down for a while... head is throbbing.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hey guys!! I'm exhausted!! DH being away ALL day/evening for four days straight is wearing on the Momma's nerves! I have no idea how people do it alone all the time. I have a new respect for our soldier's spouses. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't come climb in bed with me in the middle of the night and only Mom will do. Thank goodness I only have two kids since I only have two arms to wrap them in. If I had more I guess I'd have to learn to sleep without covers and wrap my legs around them! LOL.

It was cold and snowy here again today. I had just cleaned the driveway this AM from yesterday's snow. Now it's covered again. I can't seem to catch up. Methinks DH will be out taking care of the snow tomorrow!

The show that DH worked on is a reality show on the CW. It's about relationships and his stories were pretty funny. I won't tell you about it until after it airs, but man, I can't wait to tell somebody! He wants to see it too since he didn't get to the last day of shooting (today). We both hate reality shows, so it will be a little weird watching one!

Hope everyone is having a great day/week!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseeds View Post
RC - Feel better girl. When do you start your new job?
February 2nd, which is a good and bad thing. Wish I was starting next week honestly. Ha.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote