3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Hello all. New to the forum. Wanted to introduce myself. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/161793-hello-all-new-forum-wanted-introduce-myself.html)

Masstacular 01-16-2009 09:59 PM

Hello all. New to the forum. Wanted to introduce myself.

Hello all. I'm new to the site and wanted to say hellow to everyone. I've been up and down with my weight for the past few years. I'd love to be able to drop back down to my comfort zone, around 190 pounds. I'm a wealth of knowledge as far as diet and exercise it concerned, however, execution seems to be my problem. Hectic schedules and the convienance of fast food has allowed me to balloon up to close to 300 pounds. I know that it's not an excuse, and ultimately I'm responsible for my own health, weight, etc. I'm going to continue to work on my profile as well as to get some pictures up. If anyone has any questions, wants to say hi, wants to know why there's a "rooster" in the hen house. :D feel free. I look forward to hearing from everyone. :D

Lovely 01-16-2009 10:03 PM

:wel3fc:

You'll find plenty of roosters in this hen house! :lol:

And if you check around, there may be a few other boards that you'd like to post on, too! You should feel free to type wherever you're comfortable.

There's the 100lb Club (for those looking to lose about or more than 100lbs), there are these groups based on age, there are some Challenge threads, there's a Diet Central section for people following certain programs, and an Exercise area for those following exercise routines.

The forum is your oyster!

I hope you find the support you need :)

Masstacular 01-16-2009 10:12 PM

Thanks Faerie. I couldn't resist the rooster joke. :) I'm sure I'll get to the other areas of the site. I'm trying to feel it all out now. Thanks for the reply, and I hope to see you around.

rockopera 01-17-2009 11:17 AM

Hi!!! I feel the same way about the 'execution' part. If I could follow through with all the things I know, I'd be set. Baby steps, right?

MJSinMT 01-17-2009 01:39 PM

Hello Masstacular: It's always about "the execution". For all my good intentions of the past it's the executing that has derailed me every time. But I am one to get up and try again so I guess that says something for me. See you around the board.
Jo

Masstacular 01-17-2009 02:52 PM

Rock Opera:

I think for a lot of people "baby steps" is the best approach. For myself however I've found if I try to take "baby steps" I find myself falling into bad habits. For me it requires drastic change. I'm starting on Sunday. That's my "D-day." I figure it's the first of the week, and allows me to drink one more Coke. :) I'm here if you need anything, and thanks for the reply.

MJ Sin MT

I'm glad to hear you keep getting up on the bicycle and trying again. It's never a failure so long as you keep trying and overall moving forward. It's only when you give up that you have lost. Setbacks are part of life. Not many of us have hours a day to devote to health and fitness. Honestly a lot of us have a hard time making an hour a day for ourselves. It's a challenge definately, but if it were easy we wouldn't feel satisfaction at attaining our goal. :) If you see me around, yell at me. I'll yell back. :)

waiting2exhale 01-17-2009 03:02 PM

Its good to hear the way you put it with the execution part! Thats so true/ Good luck to you and glad for you to join us!:hug:

Masstacular 01-17-2009 03:34 PM

Thank you Waiting2exhale. I'm glad to be here. It never ceases to amaze me how some people are so oblivious to "healthy/unhealthy" lifestyle choices. I sometimes think that everyone is knowledgeable and It gives me a reality check when I tell someone something that I think is common knowledge and they say, "I never knew that." It does make me feel bad about myself at time, because I have the knowledge, and honestly I have the tools, it's just I lack the drive, and I fall into a rut. I guess I can look at others and say, "Here I am knowing what to do and I don't. Here they are, not knowing or they would." It makes me mad at myself. Oh well, pity party over. :) Thank you for saying hi, and I'll see you around. :D

LBH 01-17-2009 09:10 PM

Mass, :welcome2: We've got a few roosters in the hen house! Always welcome!

Masstacular 01-17-2009 09:24 PM

Thank you very much for the warm welcome LBH. Cockadoodledoo!!! :D