Old 01-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Talking 30 Somethings Daily Chat ~ Monday Jan 12th

Morning...

I go for my first mammogram this morning. Hit the big 4-0 in November so they're making me go. DH told me that he checked them, they feel fine and I should just let the doctor know... LOL

Enjoyed my day off yesterday and looking forward to a quiet today. Still never got that handbag so I thought I might do a little shopping after my appointment. I haven't decided yet.

So glad to see some new faces on the boards... Welcome newbies!!

Gotta run... talk to ya lata'!!!!

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #2  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

The weather man said it is going to be blustery cold here today. Oh Boy. So my plans are to go to the gm, work my bum off on the Arc Trainer and enjoy a yummy Banana Smoothie Protein shake afterwards. Been craving one for a while, and ran out of my PP at home, and have some Gym Bucks in my acc't there.
Afterwards, I am going online to order a few cd's to upload to my Ipod. I am getting tired of the same mix, need to add to it.

Other then that, a pretty laid back kind of day. Not much else happening.

Poppy ---- I am in my early 30's and have had 3 mam's. Go in a few months for another one too. I took some advil before I went, because they smoosh you like pancakes. Mine were tender for a few days afterwards, too, but advil helped. Just wanted to toss that at'cha.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday!!! Pfft! LOL
Im so excited for pay day.....I guess Thursday I will get to go grocery shopping, Im getting really excited to get started! ALSO every Tuesday is when the ad bulletin comes out, i am hoping for a treadmill to be for sale, nothing on craigslist at this time.....
Didnt have a very good weekend....my small gathering at home turned in to a loud obnoxious romper room, and then they ordered pizza which actually made me ill...(along with everyone else, shoulda got a veggie pizza! LOL)
Gonna be cold this week!!!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #4  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I am feeling really good about myself today...stayed on track all weekend, worked out and everything! I am the "good" kind of sore from stretching. I did yoga yesterday before my shower and church. All of the kids joined me about halfway through, so it wasn't as relaxing as I would have liked, but, oh well!

A little stressful at work, but that is my fault for procrastinating...Friday is the end of the quarter, and I have about 156 papers to grades...I don't know why I just let them pile up like that !

Hope all of you have a wonderful day!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #5  

Morning, chicks! I'm having my post-workout grapefruit and find myself in need of advice. What is everyone's favorite brand of sports bra? The elastic is shot in my old one, but it was never adequate to begin with. I have to hold the ladies down while jogging or else risk two black eyes. Any advice on what I brand I should get (and not spend a fortune for)?
I hope everyone is starting off the week highly motivated!
Sunshine Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Hello all
Crazy morning here and didn't get breakfast in before gym so I hope it doesn't mess with my day. Kids were just not with it this am and it just trickelled down to me. I am trying to get my surgery date today and register for school..busy, busy, busy
meredithann- This is why I go to the gym, no interruptions. I am procrastinating also, by not registering for a class.
PearFreak- your dancing broccoli made me want broccoli, thanks
Poppyseeds-enjoy your mammogram ..superfun, had mine one year ago to check a lump and it hurt so you go and get that purse after you deserve it
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #7  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Mom View Post
What is everyone's favorite brand of sports bra?
I got one from Target...I think it is jogbra...a little hard to get in and out of, but aren't they all? I wish I could find one that was tight enough to hold the girls down, but didn't cut off my breathing...especially when I am running, I find it difficult to take a breath...maybe that is 'cause I am out of shape, but I will blame it on the sportsbra!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #8  

oh, definitely the sports bra. I use it as an excuse not to run fast! Thanks for the advice and the excuse to go to Target. Love Target!!
Sunshine Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #9  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Sunshinemom--- I got mine at Target too. It's a c9 ---- Champion's line there. Mine has the adjustable bra straps, and is a racer back. I like that as I wear some tanks and didn't want it showing. I have 4 or 5 in different colors.
HTH!

ScrappinRN---- Hehehe--- dontcha just love that lil dancing broccoli? I cold go for some with a lil cheese sauce about now. MMM...

I am in a music rut. I got one album picked out but wanted to get another upbeat fast paced one and am in a dead end. Don't know what to get. This should be easy, there is a million different music styles and artists, why can't I find one more???

Last edited by PearFreak; 01-12-2009 at 02:49 PM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Not much going on here. had about 8 beers yesterday watching the EAGLES game!!! Other than that, Ihave been doing pretty well with eating, and exercising every day. We'll see how the scale looks this Saturday.

HOpe everyone is doing well. Lots of new names..WELCOME!!!

Try to check back later. Val, hope the mammo went well.

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #11  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies!

Couldn't fall asleep last night, so I woke up today at 12pm. Latest I've slept in awhile! Anyway, I got up, ate some kashi waffles and drank a bunch of water. I wasn't being as good about my water intake for a week there I think, so now I'm feeling better about it. Should help my weight loss too, as those extra ounces we see a lot of times are excess water weight I think.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

My boobs are flat now but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

It's gonna be hard finding a bra that fits though.... ROFLMAO!!

{{{sigh}}} The things we women have to put up with. Men... "turn your head and cough"... big friggin' deal!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone!

Valerie, I'm sure you're glad to have that over, how nice of your DH for the pre screening, lol. Did you find a new handbag? I swiched mine last week and its just a bit too small and it's driving me nuts!

Ranger, I was reading your posts from the other day. Maybe you could do some volunteer work. That would get your mind off the job situation, hopefully a little.

Hey Pam! At least you have a whole week to work off those beers!

Hey to all the newbies and welcome!

I had a horrible cold over the weekend was in bed all weekend and went through a whole box of tissues in 2 days. Went to the DR today for it, hopefully it will be cleared up soon. I hate being sick!

Not alot else going on here. I have an ultrasound on WED and an OB appt on so I'll be at the DRs all week, lol.

The kids have a 5 day weekend coming up. Just doesn't make sence right after the holidays and all. Oh well.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #14  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

Height: 5'7"

I will chime in for the Target Champion sports bras! :carrot They are my favorite.
I had an on plan weekend. Today was my first day back to class. I was so excited last night that I never got any quality sleep, so my plan to work out at 5.30 am was scraped in a hurry. I did work-out when I got home from class though, so all wasn't lost. A lot of my anxiety today had to do with my ability to stay on-plan around all of my classmates, but they were all really supportive. I was even able to make my breakfast and fix my lunch with time to spare. So, today was a success on the weightloss front - but I have yet to start my homework, I am cooling down from my workout. The plan is to cook dinner, shower, and get started on my homework. Let's home it all goes as planned. I can get a little lethargic as the evening wears on.

Poppy - I agree that women get the short end of the stick on the mammogram front. I am NOT looking forward to my first one. I went with my mom as a kid to see her get it done and it created more fears than it cured.

I hope that everyone has a great night!!
Coffee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Hey Val, do you have big boobs? I ask because I do and I went for my first one last year (due again in Feb/Mar), and while it was very uncomfortable, it didn't hurt.

Exercise bras are an issue for me...it's bad enough finding a regular bra, never mind a super supportive one for exercise!

Alicia, aside from being sick, how are you feeling?

Pam, yeah, I'm sure you enjoyed the game! Eating philly cheesesteaks and wearing our jerseys wasn't enough.

Tomorrow is my baby's 4th birthday! And he's pretty much potty trained. He's telling me when he has to go, not having accidents, etc. I have him home out of daycare starting today, since I'm out of work, but we're going in for a party tomorrow morning. I'm bringing oatmeal blueberry mini-muffins I made today and fruit...heading to the store in a bit to get a bowl of cut up fruit. Then we're going to Chuckie's tomorrow night.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote