New and Rarin' to go....

• Hey everyone, I may have already introduced myself in the daily chat, but figure I would do it more extensively here. I am 31, married for a little over a year, no kids, have 2 cats and a boxer puppy, work in Cultural Events, and live in West Virginia. I have 80 lbs to lose, I am the heaviest I have ever been to date, it sealed the deal when i had a bad bout with my ashtma and landed in the hospital and was on prednisone for about a month straight hard core to get better, I gained my last 20 lbs there and nothing has budged since. As of now I havent done much but right down what I am eating, but my payday is on Thursday, so I plan to pick up good stuff to get me stocked up.....such as celery, carrots, yogurt, hummus, wheat bread, wheat pasta, etc...If anyone has any other ideas on good food choices for lunch as far as sandwiches(I am on a pretty tight budget) I would welcome the help. I am so glad i found this forum and visit every day. I am also hoping to find a treadmill in our ad bulletin for cheap as I am very embarassed to walk in public and cannot afford the gym and want to be close to home exercising if my asthma acts up. Thanks everyone in advance for all your support and help! I noticed a lot of you have problems and obstacles just like me, which gives me hope that i too can overcome!
  • Hey Jenn! Good to meet you! I am also new...and on a tight budget, too!

My mom and dad had a treadmill in their basement just gathering dust, and so I acquired that...I sent out a "group" e-mail to all of my family and friends, asking if they had one, because sometimes people are just looking for a reason to get rid of what they consider "junk." Also, check craigslist.org. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but I ABSOLUTELY swear by it!

Good luck to you!!

• Yeah my mother uses her treadmill to hang clothes but every time I ask for it she swears she uses it, LOL....Im new at the craigslist thing, but i will def check it out, thanks!
  • I got my treadmill on craigs list for $175 from some really nice people in town. So glad I purchased it. Also consider tracking your calories on thedailyplate.com (it's free!). Helped me more than anything ever has.
  • welcome....you will find this place really can be a huge help. Good luck...definately cruise around this site..there are a lot of helpful advice for different wt loss strategies etc. good luck!
  • welcome
  • Quote: I got my treadmill on craigs list for $175 from some really nice people in town. So glad I purchased it. Also consider tracking your calories on thedailyplate.com (it's free!). Helped me more than anything ever has.
    I just got on thedailyplate.com...It is sooo cool! I love the calorie/exercise tracker. Thanks for the suggestion!!
  • Hey Fellow newlywed with furry children, (aka WVU Jenn)!

This is my very first post - I guess it took another WV girl to make me finally pull myself out of lurk-dom. I have about 100 lbs to lose(80% post-marital ... yikes). My husband is gone a lot with his job so it is just me and his insane family trapped on a mountain top together (you know. in case there were any questions about the weight gain lol)

I'm actually a Michigan transplant. I moved here to get married ... but I couldn't resist saying hello anyway
  • Quote: Hey Fellow newlywed with furry children, (aka WVU Jenn)!

This is my very first post - I guess it took another WV girl to make me finally pull myself out of lurk-dom. I have about 100 lbs to lose(80% post-marital ... yikes). My husband is gone a lot with his job so it is just me and his insane family trapped on a mountain top together (you know. in case there were any questions about the weight gain lol)

I'm actually a Michigan transplant. I moved here to get married ... but I couldn't resist saying hello anyway

Tee hee, your trapped on a mountain with one of our insane WV families eh? Good luck with that! j/k I love your avatar, good luck with your weight loss, lets keep in touch!
  • Welcome to the boards Jenn. Congrats on your dedication to a more healthy lifestyle.
  • WV girl here too... woot!

Well, technically I'm in Ohio (or "O-hi" where I'm from in WV) but I call the mountain state home.

Just wanted to say hey and good luck!