3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 something chat wed jan 7th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/160643-30-something-chat-wed-jan-7th.html)

GatorgalstuckinGA 01-07-2009 08:30 AM

30 something chat wed jan 7th

Morning all. I'm so happy its my day off. I was tired yesterday. I got a good sleep in so it felt great. In a few i'm going to help my friend move her horse. I definately would like to ride today...but it might be raining again for the millionth time lol.

Lisa-thanks..hope they will too. We'll see. I have to work thur but luckily the game doesn't start until 8pm. So i should be done in time for kickoff. I'm trying to decide to come home and watch it..or go to a place where all the gator alumi's hang out. I guess it just depends on how busy work is LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well.

PearFreak 01-07-2009 09:20 AM

Hello Everyone!
Freezing rain and then snow today. Wonderful. Huh. To slippery to go out with my two lil's so we'll make it a Stay In Day... until daddy gets home anyways. He is getting out early so I might be able to do my errands w/o 2 lils begging for this or that. :D
My coffee is done brewing, I can smell it's yumminess. Nothing like the smell of fresh brewed coffee. :dancer:
I am going to try to go to the gym today, but if I don't make it won't be heartbroken. I am sure doing laundry and cleaning will be some sort of workout so it isn't like I am being a lazy bum doing nothing at all.

GG--- what is this Caramel Appletini you talk about--- oh man, that sounds delish. Never had one though. Going to have to try one... if I can find out where to get me one. :D

pmasci 01-07-2009 09:35 AM

Morning all!!!

Did a half hour on the treadmill, kids have delayed school, so no AM kdg. for Cadence. Frankie will go in at 10. We are going to take her to the mall.

Off to fax a few resumes for hubby. Will try to check in later.

Hope everyone has a super duper day!!

P

poppyseeds 01-07-2009 09:47 AM

Morning... :)

Pam... you're kids school is delayed? Ours wasn't. Weird. I did get up and take DD to the bus though... she had her school bag and her sax today so I thought it would be nice if she didn't have to walk in the rain.

I may be dumb but what is a KU game???

Caramel Appletini... I can't even look at the words... ACK! I'll take two... they're small!

I'm going to try getting my motivation up this week... wish me luck!! Have a great day!!

kiki100 01-07-2009 09:58 AM

Good start to my day...got up early and did a half hour on the Wii fit and then my daycare sweeties came over. I wasn't even sure if I was going to see any of them as the freezing rain is quite bad and there are a lot of school closures...not ours though! I kept my 7 year old home anyways...its misery out there!!

Breakfast was 2 hours ago...and I'm starving!! Might have to go find me a mid morning snack!! Finally down on the scale this morning though so it's going to have to be OP of course. ;)

Have a good day!

SapphireBlue 01-07-2009 10:52 AM

Hello! I have not been on the boards much in a while. I am starting to become a bit of an addict to the message boards now though. I'm on Craftster, Facebook, Ravelry (for knitters), Elements Village, and this board. I'm in front of the computer in a sedentary job all day. That really has an impact on my fitness level.
Yesterday was my first day logging food again. I hope after the food fest I've had over the holidays, I can get some control. So far so good. Must remember to walk on my break.

meredithann 01-07-2009 10:58 AM

Good morning all! I am trying to ignore the building frustration with my "lifestyle change." I think I am just having a really negative type of day. Last night I went to bed when the kids did, just so I wouldn't think about eating after they went to bed. I am a very emotional eater, and stuck in habits, so trying not to eat after 7:30 is really hard! (Plus, I am down on myself because of monthly issues, sorry if that was too personal, but I have found that I just cannot stand anything about me during that time!)

My husband tells me I need to focus on the positive, but I am not seeing the positive right now. I am really down...

LBH 01-07-2009 11:22 AM

Hi All! :wave:

It's :rain: and cold and disgusting here today. :tantrum: Had a 90 min. delayed opening here and it was a mad house dropping DS1 off.

Have a great day!

KarenK 01-07-2009 11:50 AM

Hello Chicks. Crazy day here. I took my van in for an oil change and to have the inside panel on the tailgate fixed. Two hours later they tell me they have to order a whole new panel. I was there with two kids. They did great until the last 15 min. They were beginning to get rowdy (and who can blame them!) so I think they finally decided to get rid of me! The panel couldn't be fixed so they have to order a new one. Which means we have to go back and do this again. YUM!! :dizzy:

Diet has been fair. Not awful but not op either. Gotta get myself in hand!!

Welcome to all the newbies!! We are happy to have you here. Good luck on your wt loss journey.

OK, off to get lunch going. I have one hour before Alex has to be at school!

RangerChic 01-07-2009 12:08 PM

Hello ladies, woke up about 9:30am and was still tired but got up anyway. Made some Quaker oatmeal and watched some TV.
Right now, I hear the winds roaring outside and the rain coming down. Looks like I'm working out at home for the day to my Biggest Loser and Jillian DVDs unless it clears up later.

meredithann 01-07-2009 12:26 PM

Oh what a crazy lunch!! I teach at my kids' school, and so my little guy's teacher walked in and told me that he threw up in the cafeteria...I called hubby, went to the nurse's office to check on him, then up to his classroom to get his coat and such. By the time I got back, my oldest is in there saying his stomach hurts!! Both went home with Daddy, and I am feeling pretty sorry for him right now!

WVU Jenn 01-07-2009 01:06 PM

Hey everybody,.....the new girl here again....I have had one horrible day. Weather is bad, woke up late to a grumpy DH and swamped at work as usual.
Last nite I tried to have a good dinner, I think I sabotaged it though....I made us banquet chicken patties, gave the DH his mashed potatoes that were leftover and corn , then put mine on a salad, but i added ranch dressing, croutons and mozz cheese. Then this morning it was a horrible day and I woke up too late to eat a good breakfast....I feel helpless sometimes. sorry to sound so down...on a lighter note the DH has band practice tonite so I think I will make myself something real nice for dinner, maybe some shrimp and mushrooms on a small bed of whole wheat pasta! I am also keeping my fingers crossed to find a treadmill in the papers next week when we get paid and get some walking done.

Sunshine Mom 01-07-2009 01:18 PM

Just finished a salad with cucumbers, green peppers, and carrots. Followed that with a tangerine and some strawberries. Full, but not satisfied. Can't stop thinking about pie....

amber961 01-07-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA (Post 2533798)
Morning all. I'm so happy its my day off. I was tired yesterday. I got a good sleep in so it felt great. In a few i'm going to help my friend move her horse. I definately would like to ride today...but it might be raining again for the millionth time lol.

Lisa-thanks..hope they will too. We'll see. I have to work thur but luckily the game doesn't start until 8pm. So i should be done in time for kickoff. I'm trying to decide to come home and watch it..or go to a place where all the gator alumi's hang out. I guess it just depends on how busy work is LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I live in the Middle GA area and I agree with you on the weather, honey, it is definitely the suck! The sun is finally out here after 9 days of no sunshine. I hope things clear up for you!!

My day started rocky with a huge fight with my husband, tons of business to take care of and lots of phonecalls answering questions for my Brownie parents. I am splitting my workouts and will get in about a half an hour this afternoon and will finish up the rest this evening. My food choices so far are pretty good and I'm focusing on drinking enough today. I tend to get dehydrated in the winter because I am not as thirsty, but my workouts are making me drink more and more. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

meredithann 01-07-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine Mom (Post 2534640)
Just finished a salad with cucumbers, green peppers, and carrots. Followed that with a tangerine and some strawberries. Full, but not satisfied. Can't stop thinking about pie....

Sunshine Mom, I know how you feel! I have really been cravin' stuff that I shouldn't have...right now it is ice cream!

WVU Jenn - I can understand your bad day...mine have sucked since Monday! I can't seem to get out of the winter blahs. It is snowing here, which would be nice if I were home, but I am stuck in a classroom! I need to grocery shop, but I think with the 2 boys sick, that my hubby might want to get out of the house when I get home, so maybe he will want to do it! (At least that is one positive thing that I can find.) Hugs to you...you sound like you need them!:hug: