30 something weekend chat

• Hiya folks! Long time no see.

We had a really busy two months, let me tell ya!

DH is off and working down his days of deployment, can't wait for him to come home! We had a good holiday season too. I have gained some weight back, YEESH, will I ever learn?

Back on the band wagon though with the healthy eating and the exercise.
  • Good morning chicks. Beautiful day here. I haven't stuck my nose outside yet, so I don't know how cold it is, but the sun is shinning. All of my Christmas decorations are packed away except the snoopy blow-up guy on the lawn. DH is supposed to put it away today. Then we are all done.

I guess I better decide what we are having for breakfast! Have a super day!
  • Hey Ladies!!! Happy Weekend!!!
    Had a moment to hop on here, as dh is taking a cat nap.
    Cold and breezey here today. A nice day for soup and hot cocoa. Later on we are going out for dinner, just not sure where we will go or what I will even order. I've been good on the eats today, so a lil indulgant hearty meal is most likely on my menu . Warm fresh from the oven bread is what I am craving. You know when it is still warm the butter is all melty. MMMM.... man, I am hungry now and we aren't going out for another hour or so . ....

I am doing real well in the weight dept. too. Remember my plateaus... yes many of them. Well it seems my new cardio routine is what I needed. I did do it before, but am nowmixing up my routine... omitting the weights and adding more cardio. I think I'll do that for all of Jan and then add the weights back in (once I can rethink up a new routine) Feb.

What are all yall's exercising routines/gym workouts like? Care to share?

Well hubs just woke up... I need to get ready.
  • It has been a slow Saturday so far. I did a lot of housework though and made some cookies. Luckily, they are the kind that I don't like so much. The baby has been taking a really long nap and so this evening should go perfectly. We might even brave going out to dinner.
  • Didn't do much today... woke up and was going to go to the gym, but didn't feel so great, so decided to take today as my workout day off. Went to lunch with my mom, we both then got haircuts (little different style for me even), went to Target and then to Publix.
    Tomorrow, I'm going to wash my car, clean up my room and bathroom and then do some Biggest Loser workouts.
  • evening all..work was very busy today...but it helped it go quickly. Overact a little and went about 300 calories over plan today. But 100 of it was with a lite beer. I really needed today...it was very chaotic at work. I have been doing good at least and recording all my intake of food..even if it shows i went over. I think it has definately gotten me more focused on my eating. i'm worn out today and really need to do exercise but don't think i have the ability to do it. We'll see.
    pear-i'm getting back into my working out hard again..i do a combo of cardio (usually interval type cardio) combined with weight training and core strength training. Most of the time when i'm doing weights..i keep my heart rate up by resting one muscle group while working another...for example i will do a rep of bicep curls (about 10-15) then take a 2 min rest while doing sit ups or a lower body exercise...then go back to the curls. It really helps keep up the heart rate. This is what my personal trainer did with me (when i could afford her lol) and it really works great.
  • Didn't do much here today--was cold and windy so we only went out to get groceries, did poay the wii, laundry, cooking, and dishes. Looks like tomorrow we will get all the x-mas decorations put away.
  • morning all...well i got motivated and walked the dog for 30 min before work..so that's good..and the dog appreciates it (: nothing exciting planned today, got to work until 5 and the might go out and see the horse but probably won't ride since its suppose to be raining again. Man i know we really need the rain, but i'm tired of all the rain and we're suppose to be having work done on the house that can't be done in the rain. Hopefully it will clear soon.

hope everyone is good!
  • Hey all! It's nice to see so many new "faces" here. I had to work yesterday so this is the first chance I'm getting to jump on here and say 'yo'.

I'm having some of the winter blues. I miss the warm weather and taking my after dinner walk with DH.

Update on DS... he is in a walking boot for 8 weeks and has to walk with crutches. Turns out he didn't break his ankle, he tore a ligament. Seems he separated the two bones that hold the ankle in place and ripped the ligament in between the two bones. Ew. He would have been better off with a broken bone. If he doesn't follow the MD's instructions perfectly, and it doesn't heal right, he may need surgery or suffer pain for the rest of his life. So being 15, do you think he listens? NO! DH caught him yesterday limping to the bathroom... no boot... no crutches. ARGH!!!!!

DH is working on the outside xmas lights today. I want to put away the inside decorations and go shopping. I desperately need a new handbag... {{{giggle}}}... DESPERATELY!! ROFL!!!!

Have a good day all!!
  • Hi All! Still sick, but feeling oh so slightly better. That's not really saying much, but I'll take it. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
  • evening all. did good and stayed op today. Do actually have a few extra calories to burn so i might give myself a small treat tonight. Everything else is good.

poppy sorry to hear about your don..that sux. Man that really is a bad injury.

lauren-hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Good Evening Gals! Sunday night already? Whew- the weekend flew on by.

Busy, busy today. Got all the decorations down and put away, made a big ole pot of soup and played with the kiddos. We read a ton of books and then after lunch went to visit the IL's. Come home, kiddos are sleeping and dh is heading to bed early as he is restarting the gym in the morning routine. Ah, don't feel a bit envious of those get up at 3 or 4 a.m. to go to the gym then go to work a good 10-12 hours. Nope, not me. Not a bit envious.

I *thought* I could stop my Rx... yup just quit it. No weaning. Hahahaha.... felt it today. Not a good feeling... queasiness, lightheaded and overall yuck. Guess I am not Wonder Woman and am going back on it. Don't know why I 'd stop them... foolish me. Bad, Bad girl .

GG--- Hey thanks for the routine pointers. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Poppy--- A new handbag...oh you are definitely talking my cup of tea. Can I tag a long? I know what one I want, just haven't gone to the store to get it. But I'd tag along with you and perhaps get a back-up purse. Heck every gal needs more then one bag. Right?!??!

Hello and Welcome to all the newbies!!!
  • Well, I will just jump right in. HI Everyone!!

My weekend was packed full of activities as well as great ... um.. calorie filled food! UGH! It was my birthday and my family spoiled me absolutely rotten. On the up side though, I didn't eat near what I thought I would so that's gotta be a plus, right?

Almost time for me to get to bed, will start my week tomorrow. I'm hoping to keep the momentum up that I've started here. I know I can do it this time.. I know I will!!

Have a great end of the weekend!
  • Almost midnight here...I just finished a mini workout on the Wii and will head upstairs in a few to make lunches for tomorrow. I can't believe it's back to the grind in the morning! Ick! I do home daycare but only have teacher's kids so I've had the full two weeks with my kids...it's been so nice!! But on the other hand...I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off and both my kids are in school...so I will finally have a whole day to myself with no bickering! Wahoo!!! I'm going shopping...and actually could use a new handbag myself! Hee hee!

Well I'm off...6 am will come WAY earlier than I'd like so good night folks!!