Old 11-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #1  

Default 35 year old mom. . .

Hi! I thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I am Kristine. I am a 35 year old mom to three young boys. I joined this forum hoping to find people that are in a similar situation that I am. I always find myself starting a diet and then crashing and burning. I hope that by making myself accountable to someone else, I will have more desire to share successes. I am planning on starting the SBD tomorrow.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Last edited by mythreesons; 11-30-2008 at 12:23 PM.
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Kristine! Welcome!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #3  
getting back on track!!

Hello!
brandy922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #4  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I'm with ya! I am 32, married, 3 kids (8 and under). I have GREAT intentions for sticking with a healthier lifestyle, but always find myself going back to the same old habits. Why do we do that? Anyway, I'm also here for accountability and support. I really, really want to lose this weight for all the right reasons (and possibly some wrong ones...LOL), so I'm gonna do it this time!! I look forward to getting to know you and others in the same boat. Have a great night!
Jess
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:34 AM   #5  

Ms Percepetion - We can do this! I know that I not only need to do this for myself but also my DH and my boys.
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #6  
Back at it...again!

On the upside...I basically maintained during Thanksgiving week. I guess that's all I could hope for since I didn't abstain from any certain food. Just tried to watch portions. I definitely didn't "stuff" myself or feel overly full. Now this week I hope to get into my exercise routine and get a couple more veggies in my diet.
Jess
Old 12-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/153.9/135

Height: 5'1

Kristine!! I'm the 35 yr old mom of 4 girls (12, 10,9,2) and I know EXACTLY how you feel about trying to lose weight! That's why we're all here! Hope we ALL reach our goals this time!
fmb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #8  
Back at it...again!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons View Post
I am planning on starting the SBD tomorrow.
Kristine,
How's your first day on SB? I've done it and it works! I am not on it now. I am just applying some of those principles and others to create my own plan plus increasing activity/exercise. I let you know how it works out for me.
On the SBD, I definitely expanded my veggie intake. I also created my new fave omlette. It's crab meat and swiss cheese. YUM! I don't think that's in the book, but it's definitely SB approved food and another way to fix eggs.
Jess
Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Kristine. i am new here also. I am 33, I have 3 kids 12, 6 and 5. Im not doing a plan per say, just looking at what I am eating and asking "ok how can i make this healthier?" and adding in fruit as snacks. I never snacked before but binge at dinner so hoping the snacks will help curb the appetite. Also waiting for my broken toe to heal so I can get back to exercising.

mandy
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #10  
Back at it...again!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
Im not doing a plan per say, just looking at what I am eating and asking "ok how can i make this healthier?" and adding in fruit as snacks. mandy
Mandy- You sound very similar to me. I just got on herer a couple weeks ago. I have just started seeing the scale move (after Thanksgiving held me at a standstill) and hope it continues!! I have joined some of the chics on a challenge threads to motivate me, but I'm happy to be on the right path again!
Jess