Week of April 28th!! Let's Stay on Program all week long!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Good morning my friends!!

It is 1:15am and I am off to go to bed now. But I had to come and see what is going on.

Sunshine -Sorry I did not get back on line to chat. But I had a vistor. I will tell you later!!

Karen- It is okay the oreos did you in and the beer did me in. I am seeing that I am going to have to be good all week and have lots of banked points for the weekend! Cause there is no other way for me to get through the summer otherwise!

RR- Keep us updated on SD #2? and how she is feeling! You know we are with you in spirt!!

Okay I am so tired can not think straight. I have been up since 6:30 yesterday mornig!!

P
    P.S. I know my body like clockwork!! I just said TOM is coming. I was craving salt and sweet on Friday. And I was so hungry last night!! And guess who showed up this am. I did stay OP even with the 5 beers I had last night!

• I started today right - up before 7 and walked the dog for 1.5 miles then had catalope and hot tea on my back porch (under the new roof).

My truck is at the ford dealership getting a new transmission. That'll be around $1500 or so. Fords are known for good transmissions in their trucks so I'm pretty ticked off about this. Its a '97 with 80,000. I've put 60,000 of those miles on it in the last 22 mts (how long I've owned it). I want it to last thru another year of driving and then get a 250 with 4 doors.
    So I'm truckless, sold my DH's old truck before we left for vacation and we haven't replaced it yet. The one weekend we're home and we're stuck at home, can't even get to church. So the house is super clean - they've had my truck since thursday - and I'm going to get caught up on the business bookkeeping today.

- jul
  • HI ALL!

I had a nice walk outside this morning, since it has stopped raining! It was nice to be able to go outside this a.m. & not head to the health club.

Lyssa - I think plateaus are definitely the norm. Sticking to your plan (through thick & thin) is the only way to go! ~ I'm glad I've been behaving myself with dh gone, but I'm surprised it was that way also. Maybe I'm just supremely dedicated at the moment.! ~ I agree with your comments about not putting ourselves down. And I'm sure it has caused a lot of our current problems.

Pryia - I got a long linen skirt & top to wear to the graduation - it's on a Friday morning so I didn't think I'd need to be too dressy. And I got a denim skort & ss blouse to wear running around and I got a cute pair of floral capris & ss blouse that I think I will wear on travel day - they are extremely comfortable.

Karen - yep you just need to start all over again today!

Jul - sounds like a nice morning. ~ Sorry about your truck problems.

I like Pryia's idea of staying on program all week!

Rabbit
    272.272 miles (I had over 22 miles this week - best I've done in awhile)
    OP since 4/22/02
  • Ok, I am increasing my diet. A very good friend suggested that I increase my diet by 100 calories to see if that helps me loose more weight. I think she is right. I bought a bunch of high protein, low carb, no fat foods to increase my calories with. I will add egg white omlets to breakfast, and add a few snacks through the day and see if that helps. And I am adding lemon back to my water. I lost the most weight when I was drinking lemon water.

Jul - Way to go on starting the day right, sorry about the truck. I hope it all works out right.

Pryia - Must have been some night if you went to bed this morning.

Karen - Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep on trucking.

Well, have a great day, and an even better MONDAY.
  • Lyssa - we must have been posting at the same time. Interesting what you said about increasing your diet. I was on the ww website yesterday & a few people had made comments about how they were losing weight better if they ate towards the top of their range & if they ate their activity points. I found that very interesting.

Good luck!

Rabbit

• Hi there, my name is April!! I am joining in LOL

Kinda of shy so it will take me a little bit to start posting and then you will probably wish I would stop
  • Hello April!!
    WElcome to our group!!!Keep posting and reading and U will fit right in!!!

Well, 7w1d and no weight gain..I have increased calories by 200 daily but have added no junk!!!! Please send prayers tomorrow at 2:30 for my first u/s..I am about to panic today!!!

SD#1 is much better!!!She is still running fevers, but the appetite is returning and she is maintaining at 35lbs...Thank Goodness!!!
    Well...just a quickie to say hello!!!My bed is calling me for a nap!!!
    Vicki
  • Evening everyone
    Hi! My name is Priss and I want to lose some of this weight. I started 6 weeks ago and I have lost 11 pounds already. I am eating anywhere from 1400 to 1600 calories a day and so far I exercise 4 times a week 25 minutes at a time. I noticed that I have stayed the same weight for almost two weeks now. Is this normal? Just wondering if I should exercise longer and harder or what? I Know its a slow process but dang! Anyway I look forward to getting to know you all. Dang it's very cold here today! Brrrrr. Have a great day
  • Hi all - Just heard about a 5k that is personal to me (see 5k thread) and it is on May 19th. I don't think I will be in prime shape then, but it would mean a lot to me to be able to jog the whole thing. So, I made 1 mile jogging on the road today. Will try for 2 on thursday, and then plan from there - wish me luck!

Maintained - which is good with all the extra eating I have been doing.

April and Priss: WELCOME! Just so you guys are up to speed: I was thin until college (started college at 5'3", 111 lbs). By the end of college I was high 130's, low 140's - I always wanted to lose a little, but no big deal. It was the 7 years in grad school that really did me in. About 1/2 way through, I was up to 160 something. Lost down to 135 or so for my sister's wedding about 3 years ago. Went back to school in the fall and promptly put it all back on PLUS more to 173. Started WW at the beginning of August. Lost about 20 by october. Then, took a few months off and went back up to 155 (only a small gain). I was not counting points, but was definately eating better anyway! Started back up again in Jan. Was doing well for a while and lost down to 143. Have been exercising the whole time, but inconsistently. Just started a running program 2 weeks ago - have maintained since then. Have been STARVING and eating over my points. I am happy with how I have done so far and am prepared for slow progress. Really want to focus right now on the cardio side for health reasons. I am, however, only 8 lbs from my ww goal and set this as my June 1 goal - not likely, but a girl can dream.

BPB: I am glad that hag finally left! LOL on the inlining story.

Rabbit: Congrats on your recent dedication! I am with ya - I think the car will likely be my LAST smoking haven.

Lyssa: Sorry about the pie crust. I have made the cookies "correctly" before and they do turn out good. I agree being down on ourselves is a huge part of the problem! I have really been trying to work on this. Sorry the weight loss has you frustrated - I think upping your calories is a good idea, as if you don't eat enough you won't lose. Also, what about fat grams? I know it sounds silly, but you actually do have to CONSUME enough fat to be able to lose it.

Pryia: My only reason for ever banking is for those weekend treats! Just curious - does it hit you harder when AF arrives? If I have 5 the night before she shows up, I wind up in SORRY SHAPE!

Karen: No guilt and move on! You are doing great. Good luck with the dog and the yard - my old roommate's puppy ate every single house plant I owned.

Jul: Wow - good job this am. Sorry to hear about the car. Our transmission went right when we were getting ready to sell the thing. WAY to expensive! We will be paying that off for a while. At least the house is clean!

RR: Will be thinking of you all day tomorrow. Remain calm - what is meant to be will be (and I feel good things acommin!) Great on the maintain.
  • Welcome April and Priss!!!

We even went for another 1/2 mile walk with the boys this evening. I forgot to mention that on this mornings walk I jogged for maybe 3 tenths of a mile. (Bailey your inspiring me!). I was one of those track members in high school that when we were done with track practice I'd go home and run another 4 miles for the fun of it. Wow! To be able to do that again - not. Bailey like you I went into college at 5'5" and 110....and it went downhill from there. Most of my weight gain was after marriage and when I was in a job I hated (bank manager). I'd eat all day at work then go home and eat and read book after book in a dark corner. I did o.k. after getting a job I loved (Christian Sports Camp) and even lost down to 160. Then 2 babies and post partum depression and I went up to 215 my highest ever. Thankfully those years are behind me and I love life again! I'm still floating around 172-174 and am now re energized and motivated to get it moving again. I expect to see 169 by May 15.

RR: I totally missed your announcement - hope it goes well tomorrow at the sonogram.

Pryia: Your doing great. Keep at it!

Lys: I agree with the lemon water - its very helpful.

- jul
  • Hi all,

Ok I am back from girls weekend. We had an absolute blast! I am so darn lucky that I have such good girlfriends. I love them all dearly. They really are more family than friends. It is amazing what we all come up with to talk about. Do any of you realize that in 80% of ppl asparagus makes your pee smell? See what I am talking about, we are all cracked. By the way I am one of the 20% that does not have that problem.

Ok for whoever that asked wine is 13 points per bottle. Let's just say I know that because I had way more than 13 points in wine this weekend.

I was very proud of myself. I got up and walked around the island both sat & sun AM. It was a little over two miles. I figure that had to counteract some wine.

Ok I am going to need to catch up later, all the points I had this weekend are suggesting that I get my A$% to bed.

Welcome April & Priss.

PS I was bragging about all of you this weekend. I was telling the gals how awesome you all are and how much I really look to all of you for support and encouragement.
    Can you feel the love?

Night all!
  • I had a good OP day again. Friday I was off points. What is it about Friday's that do that to me. I am not going to let it happen again. Funny how I wanted salt and sweet--always do at TOM! And guess who showed up this am. Like Clockwork!!

Did not do much today. I went to the store and spent to much money, but some times you have to do that!!

Welcome to the new people- April and Sophiefan. Glad to have you here.

Off to talk to a friend!!
  • Book alert - skip it if you are crunched for time.
    Have you ever felt like a complete fool? Jumped to a wrong conclusion, and then acted on that asumption? I did last night.

When I was a kid, I was the kid everyone teased. I've had very few good friends in my life, and I usually don't trust people to be my friends. We went to a church that talked a lot about how important fellowship and accountability were, and I figured that surely I would find the friendship I craved there. NO, they were so wrapped up in their own click, that they had no room for an extra friend. I called the members, I made meals when they had babies, I did everything I could to reach out to them. I told the ministers daughter once that one of the reasons we left was because we felt unaccepted by the congregation. She said "You have to be a friend to have a friend." That wraps up all the relationships I have ever had in a nut shell. I give and give and I am disliked because of it. I am afraid to give to anyone anymore, because I am afraid I will be hurt because of it. It isn't that I want anything in return for what I give, just not to be hated for it.

One of my friends got online last night, and then got off quickly, and I got a little worried that I was bothering her, and just wanted to be sure. However, it brought out my past, and my relationships with my family washed over me like a bad plague. It isn't my friends fault, she's not responsible for me or what I feel, but I missed out on a great time I could have had last night, that could have actually made me feel better. I really have to get over my past. I have noticed that since I have stopped stuffing my face, that I have had a harder time dealing with those old issues. Gee, you don't suppose I had a problem with emotional eating do you? Well, now I will have to deal with those issues and actually resolve them.

Sorry to have dumped this here, but it had to go somewhere other than in my mouth in the form of bad food.

Scales were down this morning, I think it was the lemon water that helped.

Nanci - Too cool about your fun filled weekend. I must be in the same 20% as you are, I have never noticed asparagus affecting the smell of my pee.

Jul - Way to go on the walking, keep going, and maybe you will enjoy running those 4 miles again, and spread that love to your boys too.

Bailey - I keep my fat around 10% (usually a little higher than that). I know that is low, but it is what Dr. Dean Ornish says you should do to reverse heart disease, and that most overweight people have the beginnings of heart disease. So that is what I am working on. Go for it on the 5k, it sounds really cool.

Priss & April - Welcome to our thread!!! Hope you feel welcome, and join right in with our chatter.

RR - Thinking about you today,!!! Be sure you discuss your calories with your dr., you don't want to eat too little for your little one(s). Glad the illness is going away. Do the kids know what they may be getting for Christmas?

Again, I apologize for the book, and even more so for the tone of the first part of it. I feel much better now. Have a great day.
  • HI ALL!

Welcome to Apey & Sophie!

Sophie - congrats on your 11 pounds lost!

Nanci - glad you had a great weekend. Funny you should say that about asparagus - dh just brought up the same thing this morning - why does it do that??

Lyssa - sorry about your troubles! ~ I think I'll do the lemon water thing!

gotta run - Rabbit
    OP since 4/22/02
  • ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!I AM OFFICIALLY PREGNANT!!!!!!!

I am soo excited!!!!THe little baby was correctly implanted and its little heart beating 160beats!!!!I had to cry since my last u/s was when I m/c..I am now officially due 12/23/02!!!!Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!!!!!!

Jul--U never missed my announcement-I just hinted around to it!!!

WElcome to the newcommers!!!!!
    Vicki