3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings Weekend Chat Nov. 8th & 9th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/155897-30-somethings-weekend-chat-nov-8th-9th.html)

poppyseeds 11-08-2008 06:40 AM

30 Somethings Weekend Chat Nov. 8th & 9th

An early good morning to everyone!! I have to be in work at 8am... bah. I had to close the store last night... got out at 11:40 pm, home at midnight and couldn't fall asleep until after 2:30!!! So I am running on 3 1/2 hours of sleep... and I'm supposed to go to my moms for dinner. I hope I can make it through.

So have a great saturday and sleep in for me!! LOL

:coffee: :faint:

PS... the scale ticked me off this morning. It says I gained 2 ounces!! ARGH!!! I guess after the 2.8 loss last week... I cant complain. But still...

LorettaV 11-08-2008 07:11 AM

Poppyseeds. hope that you have an eventfree day.

I went to bed at 8:30 and am just now getting up (6am). I am meeting a friend at 8 to go thrifting. I am in serious need of warmer sweaters and tops. My old ones are too big.

Have a great day everyone!

GatorgalstuckinGA 11-08-2008 07:50 AM

morning all..nothing really exciting...have to work today..but have tomorrow off. Hopefully today will go smoothly and quickly.

PearFreak 11-08-2008 09:01 AM

Morning Ladies!! :comp:

Been busy the last few days... running around like my head was taken off. :faint:

Not much going on here. My parents are taking the kids over night, so my dh and I can go see a show. It starts late and lets out even later. But all will be fun... Grown-Up time. :D Looking forward to it. :broc:

Going to take the kiddies to the Pedi's office for their flu shot in a few ... hoping that they aren't to grumpy for my parent's tonight. :crossed:

Well off to get them ready... and myself too. I'll try and stop in later.

fmb101 11-08-2008 10:41 AM

Does laundry count as exercise???

Good morning all! For the first time in a while I don't have anything I HAVE to do today except for catching up on laundry. No CCD today, no sports for the kids, no appointments, no birthdays, just a day to rest!

I've just started back on the weight loss track this week and am trying to squeeze 20 mintues of daily exercise into my days.

In your opinion, if I spend the entire day catching up on laundry and runnig up the stairs from my basement laundry room, would that be considered exercise?

Normally, I would just spend the day in front of the computer or the tv. My activity level was pretty much ZERO.

Thanks! and I hope you all have a GREAT DAY!!!

PearFreak 11-08-2008 01:59 PM

FMB101--- If you count doing laundry as exercise, I will ;) . I think it does resort to buring some calories, but not sure how many? I wouldn't NOT do exercise because I did laundry--- unless of course you have a good 7+ loads and have to go up and down stairs several times. :exercise: Then forego the daily exercise.

Best of luck! Care to do a few extra loads. I did 2 today, but have given up... maybe tomorrow or Monday I'll finish them... unless you will wash and dry them for me :D . I'll put them away. :smug:

Michellelee 11-08-2008 05:06 PM

Hey! Hope you're having a nice Saturday. I just got finished cleaning up from my ds' 2nd birthday party. I really ate good--grilled chicken salad (instead of sloppy joes and chips) and a small, tiny piece of cake (1/2 inch X 2 inches) I'm trying to celebrate the small victories, instead of thinking how long it will take to reach my final goal.

RangerChic 11-08-2008 08:19 PM

Hey everyone, I probably won't be posting much until the beginning of December or so. Still keeping on with my weight loss and all, just have way too much to do before I have to move.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

fmb101 11-09-2008 07:48 AM

Laundry vs. Exercise

Quote:

Originally Posted by PearFreak (Post 2443976)
I wouldn't NOT do exercise because I did laundry--- unless of course you have a good 7+ loads and have to go up and down stairs several times. :exercise: Then forego the daily exercise.

PearFreak -- Thanks for the thoughts! I actually did end up exercising yesterday and had to move the laundry day to today. And unfortunately, it will probably be more than 7 loads going up and down the stairs :( ...lol But since today was going to be my day off from exercise, I'll just count it as a bonus :D Thanks again!

Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!

GatorgalstuckinGA 11-09-2008 08:57 AM

morning all...cool morning here in N ga. It my day off and i'm going to take my pony riding in the woods with a friend. Should be fun. hope everyone is doing well.

LBH 11-09-2008 09:16 AM

Mornin' All! :coffee:

FMB, if you have laundry like *I* have laundry, it definitely counts as exercise! :lol: Especially if exercise is something new for you to be doing. :lol: My laundry is in the basement and I have 2 little boys (5 & 3), plus a DH & myself that have waaaaaay too much laundry! I have a laundry shute in my bathroom, so I can't really count that, but carrying baskets of clean laundry up the stairs adds weights. :D Plus the "bend & stretch" of the "laundry mountain" in the basement... yeah, that's some good exercise for someone like me that can't seem to do "normal" exercise. :lol3:

Shannon, Check in when you can and let us know how things are going!

Michellee, :cheer: Good for you!! I think concentrating on the small victories is smart!

Pear, that reminds me I have to take the boys for flu shots. We just got a note from daycare that it's now mandatory that they have to have them. Not sure about elementary schools, but I usually do get them for the boys. Just forgot. DH has some days off coming, I'll get him to take them. :D

Loretta, Yeah for needing smaller sweaters! :cheer: And what a great night's sleep!!

Valerie, Ugh, talk about a rough schedule, having to close and then open! :yikes: Hope you're day is busy so you don't get to tired! :lol:

Have a great day all!

blackdove95 11-09-2008 08:57 PM

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't contributed to any of your daily chats in awhile. I've been busy with doing work from home, spending time with the bf, and then I went to Boston this past weekend. LOVE that city; so walker-friendly!

Not much to report other than that, and I'm really liking Snow Patrol's new album. yup yup!

fmb101 11-10-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBH (Post 2444679)

FMB, if you have laundry like *I* have laundry, it definitely counts as exercise! :lol: Especially if exercise is something new for you to be doing. :lol: My laundry is in the basement and I have 2 little boys (5 & 3), plus a DH & myself that have waaaaaay too much laundry! I have a laundry shute in my bathroom, so I can't really count that, but carrying baskets of clean laundry up the stairs adds weights. :D Plus the "bend & stretch" of the "laundry mountain" in the basement... yeah, that's some good exercise for someone like me that can't seem to do "normal" exercise. :lol3:

LBH - Sounds like we both have the same laundry issues. I have 4 girls (12,10,9 & 2) and I have the hardest time trying to just keep up! :lol: I did manage to get some done yesterday but I'm hoping to spend the day catching up.