Old 11-03-2008, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat - Monday Nov. 3rd

Hey chicklettes!!!!! Up early for my new job today!! I forgot what it's like to get up at 6AM every day and actually have to start getting dressed! I didn't have to be in until 9:30 at my other job. So off I go! Wish me luck!!

Have a great day everyone!!

It's a twirly hat kinda day!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

good luck poppy..hope the new job goes well.

I had a great weekend in Asheville. But now i have to go back to work. I hate going back to work after a relaxing weekend...ususually the poopy hits the fan. I already know friday was screwed up, the doctor that was assigned to show up didn't. They actually called me in to work, but i was stuck on the side of the road with a broken car. Hopefully the rest of the weekend went smoother?
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies!

Good luck Poppy!!

Had a pretty good weekend. Not to many trick or treaters unfortunately so we have a TONNE of candy leftover...I've been snacking on it for about a week now...today I say "NO MORE" to the mini chocolate bars! They're EVIL!

Other than that...got a bit of housecleaning done...had a great time hanging out with friends and family...and now we're into November! ACK! So hard to believe!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

Last edited by Wifey; 11-03-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #4  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello My Ladies!!! Happy Monday!!!

I can definitely tell the warm weather is out, gone for now, buh-bye. Layers of clothes here we go... I have always likes layers though, but now it is of necessity, not of wanting to I think my oldest is catching on to my layering love though... as she came to me the other day wearing a flocked shirt that had short sleeves over a long sleeves shirt... had on her leggings and skirt and wasn't sure of what socks to wear so wore two pairs. Hehehe. I don't go that far... but it was cute to see her rendition.
Anyways, went to the gym already, eating some lunch, and then hoping *fingers and toes crossed* that my lil ones take a nap today... so I can turbo clean. If not, then a light cleaning and laundry is on the agenda. Joy.

Poppyseeds --- Hope your first day at the new job goes well. Congrats, I don't think I have ever congratulated you - yet.

GG --- Ahh, a weekend away. Sound slike fun. Hoping that all went well, other then the being called into work and the car stuck on the side of the road.

Wifey --- Good for you on taking control over the mini chocolate bars. Those suckers are addicting- huh. Good for you though, I know I'd HAVE to eat them all... or atleast try to before I got a tummy ache.

Hi there and Hello to everyone else!!!

Last edited by PearFreak; 11-03-2008 at 01:00 PM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Chicks! Busy, busy weekend around here. I spent ALL day Saturday cleaning and cooking. We had a friend over for dinner so I made Gumbo (well, my version of Gumbo. I hate boiled okra, so there's none in there.) and it was yum, yum, yummy! DH kept the kids busy so I was able to get the whole house cleaned. It was needing it badly.

Yesterday we got a baby sitter and went with a friend to an English Tea Room. OMGoodness. It was awesomely good. I do not like scones anywhere but at this place. I brought some of mine home for the kids and they loved it too. I have to figure out how to make them, and how to make clotted cream.

Halloween was great for the kids. I have only had one piece of our left over candy (course, I probably just cursed myself.) We gave out full size bars, but didn't have that many trick or treaters. Everyone was out early this year and we had taken our kids over to a friends first so she could see their costumes. I guess we missed the influx.

OK, off to face the hordes of laundry that piled up! I hope you are all having a marvelous Monday!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Hi, everybody! You all seem to have had good weekends. I did, too. I ate about 15 chocolates, which I'm happy with . I did get a headache, though, from the sugar.
My DH gets home on Weds, yay!!!
Today I found a pair of cords at the second hand store. They were the perfect cooked pumpkin colour, and I wish I had had them on Friday. Oh, well.

Last edited by Kofarq; 11-03-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Well, the job was great today. Very strange to get up and go someplace else though... very strange. I wonder if they miss me yet at my old job!! ROFLMAO!!! So anyway, I am now working at Bed, Bath & Beyond and am really liking it so far. It's a big switch from a desk job, let me tell you. My feet hurt soooooooooooo bad and I still have to do my workout. Thank goodness it's only the 20 minute one tonight.

Anyhoo... just thought I would check in. Hope your evening is great!!

Love ya's!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/198/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello all. Sounds like everyone is right on track. Hope it's ok that I am jumping in. I will post a new thread in a jiffy.

Keep posting.
LorettaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Today was a busy day. I just now have a chance to sit. I felt a little overwhelmed. Tomorrow is going to be just as bad too. I think I overbooked my life this week. Anyway, I am looking forward to fun weekend to Portland with a bunch of my old college roommates. It will be fun!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote