Old 10-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #1  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat, THURSDAY, Oct 30th

Hey everyone!!!!

RileyOzzy, what book are you teaching? Do you teach College?

GG, you're dog reminds me of mine. She's the sweetest thing. I could let her out and she'd do her business and come right back to the door. When I read your post I thought how rediculous of some people.

Well, not sure what our plans are for Halloween. Spencer seems uninterested in the whole thing this year. His class isn't even having a Halloween party. What about the rest of you, what are your kids dressing up as?

I'm gonna go today and ship off some of the computers we sold on ebay. This evening there's wrestling practice. Its at the College's fitness center. Omg, the gym there reeks of sweat.

Hope everyone has a great day! Talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Geez, where is everyone???

GG, was reading yesterday's dog post. That's exactly how Eli is. He stays in the yard for the most part...unless a car comes down the cul-de-sac, or a neighbor is out. I'm waiting for crazy guy across the street to call them on us. I'm surprised he hasn't, because he's yelled a couple times about Eli running on his lawn. I personally don't let him out during daylight unless he's on a leash. At night, I will let him run, because A. he needs it, and B. it's dark and no one else is around for him to chase!

Alicia, Peter is dressing as The Flash and Robby is Thomas...of course.

Have a great evening all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Alicia, I don't have any kids to dress up, but I personally am dressing up as an Elder-Beerman's employee. Thats right I work Friday night. I will be wearing my work outfit. nice slacks, thin top and blazer or sweater. And my name badge with flower (cause of being management). I know all of you ladies are jealous. Try to hold back the envy now.

Today was okay although I did have a chocolate atack at work. So I got some Oreos out of the vending machine. Trying to be good tonight. I will report back how successful I was tomorrow.

GG, that sticks about your dog. I was thinking the same thing ~ you being a vet and all. Its too bad that people have to think of things to complain about.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Good evening! So I think I am officially on Weight Watchers. After my weight bopping around for 2 weeks, I am back down to 178 this morning. I really think that I was eating more calories than I thought I was. I will see tomorrow, for sure, because that is my official weigh-in but I feel lighter now (if that makes any sense).

Not much else going on - we are all super excited about Halloween. My son is going as an angler fish. Google it if you don't know it - I think it's a cool idea!

Well, hopefully this thread will pick up a bit. Night all!
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. Been a tough few days. I'm pretty depressed and lonely this week. Hoping things will get better soon.

Hope you all are doing good!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

thanks guys..i'm finally cooled off but till annoyed. I just wish the neighbor who complained had the decency to tell me that it was bothering them. At least don't be stupid and just call the county. Let's talk like neighbor's should.

Rangerchic-sorry to hear about you being down..hang in there.

tomorrow i volunteer at the aquarium. going to go dressed up as a veternarian (a stretch huh LMAO)...then dh and i are off to asheville for a weekend get away! can't wait to spend some QT with dh.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys! The cupcakes are baked, iced and packed away. All I have to do tomorrow is make the popcorn (teacher swears that the kids love popcorn). I bought the real stuff to pop on the stove-top. Whew, this party stuff is tough! LOL.

My internal medicine doc wants to give me a wt loss drug because of the medication the gynos are giving me. It's the same stuff that they give cancer patients to MAKE them eat. I was really out of control during the first part of the week. I was eating everything in sight. That's the only reason I agreed to try the drug. I did realize last night (after I downed a bag of chips.) what was going on and I did better today and controling myself. I'm such a failure at wt loss.

GG: I'm sorry you have such goober neighbors. I hope you have a lovely weekend in Asheville. I was there in September and it was wonderful.

Lauren: What do you think of this bizzare weather? It's supposed to be 60 tomorrow !

OK, I'm off to attack the laundry mountain. Have a wonderful Halloween!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
thanks guys..i'm finally cooled off but till annoyed. I just wish the neighbor who complained had the decency to tell me that it was bothering them. At least don't be stupid and just call the county. Let's talk like neighbor's should.

Rangerchic-sorry to hear about you being down..hang in there.

tomorrow i volunteer at the aquarium. going to go dressed up as a veternarian (a stretch huh LMAO)...then dh and i are off to asheville for a weekend get away! can't wait to spend some QT with dh.
Thanks. If I don't feel better in a week, guess I need to look into anti-depressants again, something I hope I can avoid. Have fun in Asheville! I'll be busy there all weekend.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Well, the sleeping beauty costume did not work out for my four year old. It was too itchy, so we found an old dress up fairy costume that is going to work perfectly. Thank goodness because I really did not want to make a midnight run to the store for a back up costume. I have learned that I am going to have to help pick something out next year.

I am teaching Kite Runner for the first time this year. I teach HS English and we added it to the senior curriculum. It makes me a little nervous because it has some tough issues in it, but I think I have front loaded the students enough and they will get what we want them to get. You never quite know how it's going to go the first time around though.

I hope everyone has a great Halloween.

KarenK - good luck at the party!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

GG... I have the dog problem from the opposite side. My neighbor has a great dane that he allows to run around without a leash. The dog took off on him once and got hit by a car and the SOB never even took him to a vet!! We called the police on him the first time because he used to leave the dog in a 4 x 6 cage for hours on end and it would just bark and bark. The cops came and I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that convo (Neighbor is an ex-Philly cop)... tee hee...

Then he just started letting the dog run loose instead of leashing him. We called the township and they said that it's not illegal as long as the dog stays on his property. I was atonished... this is a DANE!!! A huge, jet black DANE!!

Our back yard is fenced so we don't have to worry about our dog... So now I just tell the kids to make sure to check that the dane isn't outside before opening the gate. It still infuriates me that this guy just does this to spite us...

We are going to the Phillies parade today in town. We need to catch the train in a few. DH took a vaca day and I let the kids play hooky!! Who knows when this will happen again... if ever!! LOL

Have a great day all!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:11 AM   #11  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Halloween everyone!!

Rangerchic - I am sorry you are feeling down. I was like that all summer long but now am on antidepressants and feel so much better about life. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking them if you need them. Depression is caused by a defect in your brain chemistry and antidepressants just fix that defect. Too many people look at it as a sign of weakness but it is just another illness. Anyway, good luck to you!
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote